Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stop the "Next Year" Talk  (Read 2269 times)

WashDCWarrior

• All American
Stop the "Next Year" Talk
« on: March 12, 2007, 11:25:24 AM »
We'll have over 6 months to discuss next year's team.  While I'm as royally PO'd as everyone else about MU's seed, location, and projected competition, I'm not ready to write this season off yet.

While it is fun to project a top ten team for next year, there is no guarantee that they will even qualify for the NCAAs.  This year's team did and I'm going to enjoy evey minute of it.  Here's to hoping there's more than 40.

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: Stop the "Next Year" Talk
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:52 AM »
F'in A.

joemccarthysrevenge

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
We'll have over 6 months to discuss next year's team.  While I'm as royally PO'd as everyone else about MU's seed, location, and projected competition, I'm not ready to write this season off yet.

While it is fun to project a top ten team for next year, there is no guarantee that they will even qualify for the NCAAs.  This year's team did and I'm going to enjoy evey minute of it.  Here's to hoping there's more than 40.

we got the seed we earned. too many choke jobs down the stretch. want a top 6 seed? dont lose to DePaul. or Providence.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:35:25 PM »

we got the seed we earned. too many choke jobs down the stretch. want a top 6 seed? dont lose to DePaul. or Providence.

Yes because no one above us had losses like that.  I mean, butler clearly earned it's 5 seed, and duke didn't have a single 'choke job'.  Please.  We earned a better spot and got shafted.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »
Tell That to Duke.  Lost thre consecutive heading in, including a first-round conf tourney exit to the hands of NC State, a non-tournament team.  They were 8-9 in conference.  There's no way in hell they deserve to be seeded over us.

ilovefreeway

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 01:05:53 PM »
"we got the seed we earned. too many choke jobs down the stretch. want a top 6 seed? dont lose to DePaul. or Providence."

Teams who lost to DePaul or PC and seeded above us: ND, BC, Kansas (wow, that DePaul loss really hurt the Kansas seed).

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 01:26:22 PM »

I'm going to enjoy the tournament as well, but I'm also looking at this tournament run as a means to an end for next year's team.

This year's team is most likely not prepared or talented enough to make a deep run in the tournament, but they can gain experience and they really have nothing to lose (always a good spot to be in).

I think next year's team has a real chance to be very succesful in the regular season and post season.

I'm always going to hope they win, but my expectations for a deep tourney run are in 2008.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 01:32:35 PM »
More than anything I'm pissed that the committee took away my excitement for this years tourney....the seeding, location, etc....it's like all the cards are stacked against us from the start.

Don't get me wrong, I'll support them 100% and hope like hell they can pull it off, but it's hard when it seems like the committee only gave us a knife to bring to the gun fight.