Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is NoMoreBuycks Back As Warriors1965?  (Read 3964 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Is NoMoreBuycks Back As Warriors1965?
« on: January 26, 2011, 08:48:31 AM »
The Louisville game was January 15.  That after afternoon nomorebuycks was formally executed by the mods.

(If you're not familiar with nomorebuycks, see this thread http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=23655.0)

"Warriors1965" was registered on January 15, 2011, 04:29:54 PM, about an 3 hours after nomorebuycks was gone.

Now his target is Vander Blue, constant and vitriolic.

See all his posts here http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5236;sa=showPosts

Are they the same person?

ADD

If I'm wrong, then for someone in their late 60s (graduated in 1965) or 45 (born in 1965) to constantly bash a 19 year kid is gutless and unconscionable.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:51:19 AM by AnotherMU84 »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: Is NoMoreBuycks Back As Warriors1965?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »
Based on the posts you list, his target is more Buzz than Vander.  And while I don't agree with all of his posts, I don't htink he's NoMore Buycks.  Whoever he is seems more like someone who's frustrated with the fact that during the last 10 minutes of a half dozen games, the Warriors are spooked.  My opinion is when we have a lead and we get 3-4 times down the court with nothing to show for it and the other team comes back and takes a lead, our players panic.  Shouldn't they have learned from previous games?  Shouldn't Buzz have figured out that when that happens, he needs a TO and to settle the players down?  I'm not trying to jump on Warriors1965's vitriolic bandwagon but it seems to me that some of his posts are spot on.  He's an a$$ for the way he rips but when he says MU has had a mediocre season so far?  I can't disagree.  I think the talent is there.  Otherwise we wouldn't have an 18 point lead on Lville.  We wouldn't be up 5 on CT, We wouldn't be up at ND by 8.  But unless Buzz can get them to continue to play the last 10 minutes the way they've played the first 30, I'm not very optimistic about the tournament.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »
Based on the posts you list, his target is more Buzz than Vander. 

Could it be Joanie Harbaugh (aka Marquette84?) Vigiliantly defending the soiled, tarnished reputation of her man, Tanned Tommy, at the expense of a good, decent, honest man

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:02:36 PM »
I will be you anything that Warriors1965 is the recently departed ChicosBailBonds. No question in my mind.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »
There was a "Buycksyucks" or something similar in the Chat Room during the game last night who was, shall we say, "negative".  Granted, it was difficult to post a lot of "positive" last night and if there were a transcript of the chat, I had a more than a few negative posts too.  The string I remember started with me commenting how I don't understand why it seems that everytime Vander goes up for a layup, he seems to try to finger-roll.  Even when he is in traffic.  My post was more of frustration.  I remember reading "Buycksyucks" followup responses which were much harsher and worrying that I might be associated with his comments since my post started it.  The obvious similarities made we wonder if the man was back.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »
Not to go all CSI on you, but I just read the "What was Vander like in High School" thread started by Warriors1965 and he uses the same wording Mr. "Buycksyucks" used last night.  Dang, even referenced the finger roll comment I started.  Seems to be the same thoughts, if not the same person.

Alright, I have officially wasted too much of my 30 minute lunch hour on this.  Moving on...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
I will tell you that Warriors1965 is using anonymouse.org to remain anonymous.  So they are trying to hide their true identity from us.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:45:20 PM by rocky_warrior »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »
If it is nomorebuycks, dude is owes $50 from the Packers/Eagles game.

You lurking NMB???

Pay me my money bitch.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
I will be you anything that Warriors1965 is the recently departed ChicosBailBonds. No question in my mind.

Whoa, what did I miss? Chicos is gone?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »
I will tell you that Warriors1965 is using anonymouse.org to remain anonymous.  So they are trying to hide their true identity from us.

CSI analysts would say "Ding"

DrDestiny911

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »
I agree with lighthouse's points in that, a lot of what Warrior 1965 is saying is correct and while he has a more pessimistic look than most I don't really see an acidic side to it. I think he's realized the downside to this team and is a bit overwhelmed by it. I don't think he/she means to be overally trashing the team, and honestly I was a little surprised at how much I agreed with his Buzz Williams rants, the coach as been rather underwhelming this year.

To say he's being gutless because he's "bashing" Blue is a bit extreme, he's obviously not a fan but it isn't as bad you're making it out to be.

Although Warrior1965 does seem to be a closet UConn fan.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »
Whoa, what did I miss? Chicos is gone?

Now that you mention it, neither Chicos not Ners has posted since last night shortly after 11:00.  That's around the time that the Mods locked their most recent pissing match.

Maybe a coincidence.  Maybe a suspension.  Maybe a bannination.  Maybe they met in a dark alley and killed each other.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Good.   Those two had started to make this board about THEM and their constant disagreements.    I bet after an appropriate cooling off period, they will be back.    Plus, it shows that this board has arrived.   You haven't really arrived as an MU board until you have banned Chicos for something.    ;D
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 02:34:48 PM »
Good.   Those two had started to make this board about THEM and their constant disagreements.    I bet after an appropriate cooling off period, they will be back.    Plus, it shows that this board has arrived.   You haven't really arrived as an MU board until you have banned Chicos for something.    ;D
and just before CBB got to 10,000 on the Hangin' at the Al.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »
Rocky mentioned this earlier, but the info has been buried a bit.

A while back, JayBee, Chicos, and Ners were warned .. and warned .. and warned about the personal attacks and bickering.   2 week "timeouts" were given last night to all three.

While we are committed to the free exchange of views on the MU program, there are lines to be drawn and these kinds of diatribes bring the enjoyment of this forum down.  We give people a LOT of rope, but eventually, we use the last tool in the box.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »

A while back, JayBee, Chicos, and Ners were warned .. and warned .. and warned about the personal attacks and bickering.   2 week "timeouts" were given last night to all three.

While we are committed to the free exchange of views on the MU program, there are lines to be drawn and these kinds of diatribes bring the enjoyment of this forum down.  We give people a LOT of rope, but eventually, we use the last tool in the box.

Can you do something about the Spanish O'Donnell's?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 02:51:18 PM »
Can you do something about the Spanish O'Donnell's?

Dang, I hadn't thought of that!

I'll see if YouTube will do us fellow moderators a professional courtesy and ban them there for the good of all mankind.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 04:45:30 PM »

Forgive the mixed metaphor, but I can't imagine anyone is going to accuse you Mods of having an itchy trigger finger.  Aside from the aforementioned three, perhaps.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »
A while back, JayBee, Chicos, and Ners were warned .. and warned .. and warned about the personal attacks and bickering.   2 week "timeouts" were given last night to all three. We give people a LOT of rope, but eventually, we use the last tool in the box.

Welcome to the Gulag!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »

Your mind is wrong