[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Josh Gasser  (Read 5221 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Josh Gasser
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
Close...but I like our guy's upside vs. Gasser to Wilson in the Swing. 

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=josh-gasser&p1=vander-blue

Heck, I would hope so.  Vander absolutely should have more upside than Gasser.  That was never the comparison to begin with.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 10:07:46 AM »
Heck, I would hope so.  Vander absolutely should have more upside than Gasser.  That was never the comparison to begin with.

why "should" he have more upside?  Are you racist??

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
Correct, but usually people are intelligent to say things that about rivals don't make us look like Jacktards when they have the upper hand.   It looks really stupid when we're saying how crappy they are and they go out and beat us.  It looks worse when we have people here that say they are on their way to continued 2nd division finishes because their recruiting is "down" and here they are again, in the upper part of their conference.  Usually when one gloat's to his rival it's because he has something to gloat about.

You are aware that in the Wisconsin vs Indiana thread - you are the one perpetuating how much better MU has recruited than Wisconsin has - when many here have posted that in reality - UW's recruiting has been pretty good, and similar to MU's?  But now you are stating how so many here rip UW's recruiting?  Classic CBB.  Which way is it CBB?  Seems one of the few Jacktard's here that claims MU superiority in recruiting, and downplays UW's recruiting is you.  No you offer the above?  Weird.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 12:15:10 PM »
why "should" he have more upside?  Are you racist??

Goes without saying, those guys can sure ball.  They're so untraditional

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »

Goes without saying, those guys can sure ball.  They're so untraditional

True story:  on Thursday I took my 9 year old daughter to the Cleveland State-Detroit game; on Saturday I took my 7 year old daughter to the Cleveland State-Wright State game.  Both asked me why so many of the players were black (bear in mind that all of those teams are more "traditional" than Marquette; especially Wright State).  Most of us just take it for granted.  When you're that young, it must be striking to see.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »

What is your comparison then as this has been going on for weeks?  I threw out Rob Wilson and how Bo didn't develop him at the 2G.  You dismiss it but keep talking about Gasser.  You seem to imply at one point MU should have recruited Gasser...which would have made it Blue or Gasser for Buzz for that slot.  Fact is, the kid does not fit MU's style and Blue does not fit Bo's. Both kids and schools made the right choices, unlike the Rob Wilson case where the kid has digressed under Bo. As an upperclassman with three years in Bo's system, Wilson should be starting over the frosh at the 2G...or he should have taken his talent elsewhere.  Will he lose interest his senior year like Markhoff?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »
True story:  on Thursday I took my 9 year old daughter to the Cleveland State-Detroit game; on Saturday I took my 7 year old daughter to the Cleveland State-Wright State game.  Both asked me why so many of the players were black (bear in mind that all of those teams are more "traditional" than Marquette; especially Wright State).  Most of us just take it for granted.  When you're that young, it must be striking to see.

I'll bet.  I happen to live in a city where we white guys are in the minority.  We live in a mostly Asian area.

My son is one of two white kids on his team and has very blonde hair and fair skinned.  The league he plays in is mostly African American and Asian so he sticks out like a sore thumb out there.  It's funny to watch.  On Saturday night he was named MVP in his game, which is pretty cool considering he's 12 on a 12 to 14 year old team.  After the game there were parents coming up saying...that blonde white boy can really play.  LOL.  Funny stuff to say the least.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »
I'll bet.  I happen to live in a city where we white guys are in the minority.  We live in a mostly Asian area.

My son is one of two white kids on his team and has very blonde hair and fair skinned.  The league he plays in is mostly African American and Asian so he sticks out like a sore thumb out there.  It's funny to watch.  On Saturday night he was named MVP in his game, which is pretty cool considering he's 12 on a 12 to 14 year old team.  After the game there were parents coming up saying...that blonde white boy can really play.  LOL.  Funny stuff to say the least.

Yeah, I should probably have said, "when you're that young, and live where we live, is must be striking to see."  Age has very little to do with it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 05:50:57 AM »
thebadge10 is a riot.  He can't get his anti-Marquette posts out fast enough and this is more of an anti-Marquette dig then it is a pro-Wisconsin post.

Reminds me of the time he called the Mike Heller radio show in Madison and was in such a hurry to rip Buzz and Marquette over Jeronne Maymon leaving the program that he sounded like Mel Tillis on a super caffiene drink and his stumbling and Marquette negativity was so bad that even an admitted Marquette hater like Mike Heller had to hang up on thebadge10 in midsentence.  I was laughing my ass off when they announced the call as "Mark from Madison/Fitchburg" as I knew exactly who was calling.

Sad that a guy who runs his own company can be this juvenile towards a college basketball program.  Just support your team and quit worrying about another.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:01:19 AM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On