Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another Second Half Meltdown Outscored by 14  (Read 6605 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Another Second Half Meltdown Outscored by 14
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:49 PM »
Pretty sure that calling people by their first names here - Canadian Dimes - as well as researching a member's last name and subsequently posting numerous pictures of House - which is Lenny's Tap last name - goes way beyond weird and an obsession.  As does having some Scooper do an "audit" of the content of another poster's posts - the many times "threatened" analysis of Lenny's Tap post history, etc.  

Having said that, I am going to honor my signature and the wise words of Warthog - and not engage in a discussion with you.  I will respond to occasional efforts on your part to engage me - but I promise not to proactively engage you CBB.  Having said that, there is no obession I have toward you - I've finally just figured out your M.O., and won't respond to your lame attention-starved attempts to stir the pot and make inflammatory statements.

Oh Dimes threw the first grenade years ago sugar pie, long before I did.  He just gets what comes back to him.

As for Lenny, I was tired of his lying over and over again.  Enough was enough.

Keep blaming the refs though, in Warthog's attempts at humor by calling Marquette84, Joanie Harbaugh,he should call you Corey Williams.  Or will this be another double standard on this board where calling a poster here Joanie Harbaugh is fine and no one says a thing, but calling someone Corey is borderline douche-baggery?  I never did get the official double standard manual that so many here certainly did, or have written on their own.

Hell, we all should.  I'm honored to be in your signature, Corey.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:48:57 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
o.k.  (kicking self in ass) I'll bite and ask what this has to do with anything?

Really?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 02:30:59 PM »
The game is not an outlier when you look at Notre Dame's performance on fouls & FTs for the entire season.

For the year, ND actually gets to the line more often than we do, commits fewer fouls than we do, and sends the other team to the line less frequently than we do.  

Despite your claim that a less athletic, jump shooting team should have a disadvantage over a more athletic team, when we incorporate 40 games of data for both teams, the reality suggests otherwise.  

You can continue to go with your gut.

Or you can look at the facts, which tell you that:
--Notre Dame is better than we are at drawing fouls and getting to the line themselves
--Notre Dame is better than we are at keeping the other team from getting to the line

It it were one game, I might blame the refs.  But this is the game Notre Dame has been playing all season.  The only thing at play here is that its the first time we've been on the receiving end rather than the giving end of such a FT disparity.  

And it came against one of the handful of teams that is actually better at this approach than we are.  Should be no surprise.  Time to stop blaming the refs or believing that this is some sort of aberration.

Or you can just call it the luck of the Irish..and preferential treatment..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »
Really?

I'd say so. Are you saying the nature of warthog's service is somehow relevant to this disagreement with Ners? Or that quoting warthog would be more or less credible based on whether or not he saw wartime action? I'm not accusing or trying to stir the pot, but I simply don't get that comment either.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 02:48:30 PM »
Really?
yeah, really.  Did I miss something?