[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: someone check on tom crean  (Read 6231 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Indiana Playig Much Better
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »

I bet Charlie Weiss and Rich Rod wish that their elite programs would have given them this kind of patience.

Neither Weiss or Rich Rod started anywhere close to the hole that IU was in.  Not remotely.

Michigan had talent coming back and finished in 2nd place in the Big Ten and an overall 9-4 record before Dick Rod took over.

Notre Dame finished 6-5 when Willingham was fired but had plenty of young talent which Weiss rode to back to back winning records. 

The starting situations aren't the same. 

Maybe Crean gets fired, but more than likely they are scared that all his recruits he has coming in the next 3 years bail if they do, plus he has a huge contract left.  We'll see what happens, but I'm guessing with the expectations this year, two more devastating injuries, Guy's ineligibility, he probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »

Maybe Crean gets fired, but more than likely they are scared that all his recruits he has coming in the next 3 years bail if they do, plus he has a huge contract left.  We'll see what happens, but I'm guessing with the expectations this year, two more devastating injuries, Guy's ineligibility, he probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I doubt that he will get fired any time soon either.  It doesn't mean I can't be critical of the job he is doing.  What he is doing is not good enough for a program of the caliber. That's not good enough for MU's program either.  IU should not go into almost every conference game basically beat before the game starts in year number 3 of a coach's tenure.  I don't know why that needs so much context.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »
I doubt that he will get fired any time soon either.  It doesn't mean I can't be critical of the job he is doing.  What he is doing is not good enough for a program of the caliber. That's not good enough for MU's program either.  IU should not go into almost every conference game basically beat before the game starts in year number 3 of a coach's tenure.  I don't know why that needs so much context.

Good points.  I thought IU played very well against Wisconsin the other day.  Then they had the big injury yesterday knocking Jones out of the lineup for awhile.  I suspect that didn't help, but I didn't watch the game so who knows, but that's the gist I get from the stories I've read on today's game.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: someone check on tom crean
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 02:03:27 AM »
I've said it before: Tom is there to CLEAN HOUSE and GET IU BACK ON TRACK, then he will be gone...
He's not there to build a legacy.

Here's TC's audio from the Iowa loss: http://www.insidethehall.com/2011/01/23/iowa-postgame-audio-tom-crean/

I wonder NOW how much IU fans really hate the sanctions that Kelvin brought to IU since Eric Gordon is really starting to show his greatness. Other than Zeller and oft-injured Creek, TC hasn't brought a big name to IU despite the plethora of playing time, but Sampson did.

As an IU poster commented:
"This is how disappointed I am. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ihZ5xJSNw"

The General lives on...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:09:56 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

feedback