[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: South Bend Bars  (Read 1679 times)

mikem91288

• Team Captain
South Bend Bars
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:29:20 AM »
Going down to the game with a group of 30 people on Saturday. I hear South Bend is incredibly lame. Any advice about bars for before or after the game?
Warrior in the class of 2011.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
Re: South Bend Bars
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »
I will be there with some friends.

The linebacker is close to campus and the main hang out for people before and after a game.

and yes, South Bend is very lame.

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
Enjoy hanging out with the South Bend townies with a couple of students mixed in.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:45:40 AM »
I will be there with some friends.

The linebacker is close to campus and the main hang out for people before and after a game.

and yes, South Bend is very lame.

+1.  Was down at South Bend for a wedding not too long ago and we went to the linebacker after the reception.  Despite the fact ND just lost on a fake FG against MSU, it was still pretty busy there.  Well known for their long island iced teas apparently.

mugoose

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:18 AM »
Super boring town, especially when the football season is over.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:09 AM »
Backer is alright. I'll be heading down with a decent sized group and we'll likely either be there or at the inappropriately named "Between the Buns" sports bar not far from the Backer, where apparently the jokes write themselves.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Clarence

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »
Notre Dame just built their version of Campus Town, called Eddy Commons.   Surprisingly I have heard some good things.  There are 2 or 3 bars in the develpoment here is the link.
http://www.eddycommons.com/restaurants.cfm

But, If you are looking for a legit South Bend spot before the game, CJ's Pub has the best burgers in town.  My personal favorite is the Hockey Puck. 
http://www.cjs-pub.com/

Do not got to Legends(Senior Bar) on Notre Dame's campus under any circumstances.  The food is awful, the service is worse and it will be packed. 

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »
Notre Dame just built their version of Campus Town, called Eddy Commons.   Surprisingly I have heard some good things.  There are 2 or 3 bars in the develpoment here is the link.
http://www.eddycommons.com/restaurants.cfm

But, If you are looking for a legit South Bend spot before the game, CJ's Pub has the best burgers in town.  My personal favorite is the Hockey Puck. 
http://www.cjs-pub.com/

Do not got to Legends(Senior Bar) on Notre Dame's campus under any circumstances.  The food is awful, the service is worse and it will be packed. 

One of the members of our party referred to Legends as "TGIrish Fridays." The place has all the charm of an airport lounge.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
The Milwaukee Airport Lounge?