collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Indiana at Wisconsin tonight ESPN  (Read 28358 times)

sailwi

• All American
Re: Indiana at Wisconsin tonight ESPN
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »
Thought I saw Buzz sitting directly behind Crean but turns out it was the Wisconsin state trooper who has had his donut quota.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 09:05:25 PM »
I'm sure this was brought up already but what did Tom Crean mean when he said former Marquette players would be in the stands at the game.. Per twitter..

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
Wow, why couldn't Wisconsin have played like this against us?  Not an impressive showing.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 09:42:57 PM »
Terry Sanders is sitting behind the IU bench.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 09:46:50 PM »
Indiana is actually playing with Wisco. Still down 6, but if they manage to pull that off, that'd have to be Crean's biggest win at IU, wouldn't it?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Indiana is actually playing with Wisco. Still down 6, but if they manage to pull that off, that'd have to be Crean's biggest win at IU, wouldn't it?

Beating Pittsburgh last year, beating Minnesota last year.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
Beating Pittsburgh last year, beating Minnesota last year.

Winning AT the Kohl Center would DWARF those.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 09:56:23 PM »
I4 could not manage to handle the 2 point, 1 rebound explosion from traditional star Josh Gasser.  uw-madison wins by 9. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
Cream is definitely making an impact there

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »

Right, beating a team that went 25-9 last year and was a 3 seed would be dwarfed....whatever.  

They played better against UW-madison tonight than we did.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 10:03:47 PM »
Right, beating a team that went 25-9 last year and was a 3 seed would be dwarfed....whatever.  

A little sensitive and defensive?  Think the original poster meant it sincerely that beating Wisconsin at home where it is virtually impossible to beat..would be more significant than beating Pitt - even if Pitt ENDED the season as a 3 seed.

IU played well tonight.  I was impressed with their effort and overall performance.  Hulls reminded me of Travis Diener.  Crafty, not very athletic, but very effective.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

VanderBabyBlue

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 10:04:01 PM »

Agreed.  They haven't won in Madison since 1998, and they've had some good teams the past 12 years.  That, and nobody wins in at the Kohl Center.  Crean has yet to beat Bo at IU, so I guess that's funny at least.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
come on Chico's, you can rip MU and Buzz better than that...

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
Crean has IU playing better. When he beat Pitt last year it was before Pitt really hit their stride. Pitt had just come off a game at home against New Hampshire where they scored 47 points. The game before they went to double OT against Duquesne.

Still an impressive win but I think beating Bo at the Kohl Center would have been bigger. IMO

As far as IU playing better against them then us.....offensively yes....defensively no....but who cares really? We have played solid to very good basketball most of the year. IU has not.

What I got a kick from was the comment made by Bardo at the start when he talked how much more talented Crean's teams at MU were then his current IU team.

TC has some talent there and more is on the way. He better start winning with it next year or his seat is going to get hot. He got dealt a tough hand there but IU's fan base isn't as patient as MU's.

romey

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 10:20:27 PM »
157-11 at the Kohl or something like that is what I believe the graphic said since Bo has been there.  Is it just me or does that just seem WRONG - I would venture to say that no team in the last 50 years has been that dominant at home and NOT won any postseason tournament or even threatened to do so.  What conclusion can we draw from that???

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
Crean has IU playing better. When he beat Pitt last year it was before Pitt really hit their stride. Pitt had just come off a game at home against New Hampshire where they scored 47 points. The game before they went to double OT against Duquesne.

Still an impressive win but I think beating Bo at the Kohl Center would have been bigger. IMO

As far as IU playing better against them then us.....offensively yes....defensively no....but who cares really? We have played solid to very good basketball most of the year. IU has not.

What I got a kick from was the comment made by Bardo at the start when he talked how much more talented Crean's teams at MU were then his current IU team.

TC has some talent there and more is on the way. He better start winning with it next year or his seat is going to get hot. He got dealt a tough hand there but IU's fan base isn't as patient as MU's.

Right.  I guarantee that if you asked IU fans to project where they would be by now it would be significantly better than this including being able to absord a key injury.  His act will grow old soon enough. 

If he is such a great coach, then he has enough talent there to be better than he is.  If he is a below average coach like we all know he is, then IU is about right where they should be.  I hope they understand that there.  His record is pathetic and he can only move the goalposts for so long before they realize that he is a charismatic CEO and not a coach.  In year three, you have to have more results than this.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »

According to the JS article I just read, it stated that Crean is now 6-36 in Big Ten games since he took over Indiana.   
Gotta love it.....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »
157-11 at the Kohl or something like that is what I believe the graphic said since Bo has been there.  Is it just me or does that just seem WRONG - I would venture to say that no team in the last 50 years has been that dominant at home and NOT won any postseason tournament or even threatened to do so.  What conclusion can we draw from that???

That Bo is a great coach that gets a ton out of players that don't have the same talent level as other teams...and that the Kohl Center gives them that extra lift.

I mean, I find it hard to rip on UW when outside of our F4 run, they've pretty much outperformed MU on almost every level during Bo's tenure.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 09:10:25 AM »
I mean, I find it hard to rip on UW when outside of our F4 run, they've pretty much outperformed MU on almost every level during Bo's tenure.

Except for graduating players.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
Except for graduating players.

80% is good enough in my book.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »
What is it with some posters' insistence on continually harping on the success of Bo Ryan? Yes, we all know he's had a very fine run at UW. Who here disputes that? Bully for him, I guess.
But, sheesh, we must be the only fan base in which a cerrain segment of fans feel the need to kiss a rival coach's rear. Seriously, do Georgetown fans dedicate threads to Syracuse's success? Do Auburn football fans glowingly speak of Nick Saban? Is there a Rick Pitono lovefest over on the Kentucky boards?

Again, nobody disputes Bo is a good coach who's had a great deal of success. I just don't understand why some here believe it necessary to say it over and over and over and over again.

As for Bo winning without "having the same level of talent as other teams" has repeatedly been proven false. Bo gets plenty of talent at UW.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »
It's not easy watching Wisconsin play.  They play down to the opponents level.  The games are so slow that both teams look bad.  It's hard to believe that the Badgers beat Marquette as they look mediocre in every game since then.  Bo used to play at a faster pace.   This team is really slow.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »
What is it with some posters' insistence on continually harping on the success of Bo Ryan? Yes, we all know he's had a very fine run at UW. Who here disputes that? Bully for him, I guess.
But, sheesh, we must be the only fan base in which a cerrain segment of fans feel the need to kiss a rival coach's rear. Seriously, do Georgetown fans dedicate threads to Syracuse's success? Do Auburn football fans glowingly speak of Nick Saban? Is there a Rick Pitono lovefest over on the Kentucky boards?

Again, nobody disputes Bo is a good coach who's had a great deal of success. I just don't understand why some here believe it necessary to say it over and over and over and over again.

As for Bo winning without "having the same level of talent as other teams" has repeatedly been proven false. Bo gets plenty of talent at UW.

Someone asked a question.  I answered it.  You don't like the answer?  Don't read it.

Let me aslo add that people shouldn't bring up the topic at all if they don't want opinions on it addressed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:51:09 AM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
A little sensitive and defensive?  Think the original poster meant it sincerely that beating Wisconsin at home where it is virtually impossible to beat..would be more significant than beating Pitt - even if Pitt ENDED the season as a 3 seed.

IU played well tonight.  I was impressed with their effort and overall performance.  Hulls reminded me of Travis Diener.  Crafty, not very athletic, but very effective.
Not that Chicos can't defend himself, and sometimes I agree with CBB and sometimes I don't, but how is his comment sensitive and defensive?  Would a win last night have been bigger than the win at Pitt?  Maybe.  But it wouldn't DWARF the win at Pitt when Pitt was ranked as high as they were.

Does every post of CBB make you try to find a negative Ners?  Just sayin....
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »
Not that Chicos can't defend himself, and sometimes I agree with CBB and sometimes I don't, but how is his comment sensitive and defensive?  Would a win last night have been bigger than the win at Pitt?  Maybe.  But it wouldn't DWARF the win at Pitt when Pitt was ranked as high as they were.

Does every post of CBB make you try to find a negative Ners?  Just sayin....

Actually Pitt wasn't even ranked at the time IU beat them early in the 2009-2010 season (and it was a home game for IU) - they finished the season as a 3 seed, but had many problems early in 2009.  So, to answer your question - yes, beating a ranked Wisconsin team AT HOME where they are virtually unbeatable would DWARF beating Pitt in 2009.

And no - I don't TRY to find a negative in every post of CBB - but in this case he did react defensive and sensitively...when the original poster made a valid point.  You'll notice I credited his IU Hoosiers and how they played in the Wisconsin game -and didn't even disagree with his statement that IU played better against UW than we did...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:39:43 AM by Ners »
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback