[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette one of ‘10 most influential colleges on Twitter’  (Read 2243 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Marquette one of ‘10 most influential colleges on Twitter’
« on: January 19, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/megan-berry/klouts-most-influential-c_b_811023.html

MU tweeting is among the top US universities on Twitter influence, ie, having the tweets quoted elswhere on the web...those here who track MU twitters, and then quote it on the board contributed to the rank, ....
.....congrats to the Twits ....

(which was a less than complimentary term when I was young (see Monty Python--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twit )--lol)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:53:32 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
Re: MU among top Twits
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »
Could MU have gotten any less of a generic picture in that slide show?

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
kind of embarrassing to be honest

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »
I thought Crean was the top Twit.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »
One upping II,II is @MarquetteU! #mubb #youreallyshouldtwittersowecanbenumberone

SS Marquette

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »
Could MU have gotten any less of a generic picture in that slide show?

How about Butler's pic?

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
How about Butler's pic?

Must go to Butler... /fighting urge for Winter bikini watching
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 02:30:23 PM »
Does this count player's tweets? Because to be honest I am kind of sick of hearing "DAMN Yeezzyy much luv to my boys back in Raleigh but i gotta hit the gym right now.. #GTST"

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Marquette one of ‘10 most influential colleges on Twitter’
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »
   The following is from the Temple University Web site. Read all of it.

Temple named one of 10 ‘most influential colleges on Twitter’

JANUARY 20, 2011 -- Temple University has been named one of the nation’s 10 “most influential” colleges and universities on Twitter, the increasingly popular online social network and microblogging service.
   TempleUniv -- the university’s official Twitter feed -- was ranked as the eighth most influential in the nation by Klout, a company that measures influence in social media. Factors used in Klout’s calculations of influence include the number of engaged “followers” each institution has on Twitter, the number of “retweets” and other measures that impact the likelihood that messages will be read and acted upon.
   “Twitter, Facebook and other social media have become powerful tools for connecting with a wide range of audiences, especially students and alumni,” said Kenneth E. Lawrence Jr., Temple’s senior vice president for government, community and public affairs. “As one of this nation’s great urban universities, Temple has an amazing story to tell and social media like Twitter help us spread the message every day.”
   The reach of Temple’s Twitter feed, run by the Office of University Communications, has grown explosively since late 2010. TempleUniv has added more than 1,000 Twitter followers in less than three months.
   Joining Temple’s Twitter feed in Klout's top 10 are, in order, the official feeds of Stanford University; Syracuse University; Harvard University; the University of Wisconsin-Madison; the University of California, Berkeley; Butler University; Tufts University, the University of Minnesota; the University of Texas at Austin; Marquette University; and Indiana University Bloomington (Syracuse and Harvard tied for second; Texas and Marquette tied for ninth).
   To follow TempleUniv for constantly updated news, info and nuggets, go to www.twitter.com/#TempleUniv. University Communications also manages several Twitter feeds that offer more focused news and information on specific topics: government affairs, health and medicine, arts and culture and science and technology. Links to these Twitter feeds can be found at www.temple.edu/newsroom.

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Marquette one of ‘10 most influential colleges on Twitter’
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »
How can we use this to destroy Notre Dame on Saturday night? Wait, I'm thinking.

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Marquette one of ‘10 most influential colleges on Twitter’
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »
See my superbar topic on this same point of a few days ago
=http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=23773.0=
I felt twitter rankings had nothing to do with mu bb, esp., during the season. lets have this one moved there , also.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.