[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I need help...  (Read 3589 times)

Wade for President

• All American
I need help...
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm currently experiencing an emotion/feeling I didn't ever think I'd experience in my lifetime (at least one I hoped I'd never feel).  That feeling, surrounds tonight's game against DePaul.  The negative taste in my mouth from Saturday's colossal debacle, still is extremely pungent.  So much, that I'm having trouble getting excited about watching MU tonight.

I've never been more angry, disenchanted, and frustrated after an MU game before. 

Honestly...3 months ago, I would've paid to see MU play 5 Scoopers.  Now...I'm struggling to get amped for a home game in the Big East?!?

My question to the board is twofold:  Am I the only one not necessarily motivated to watch Marquette tonight?  What are some suggestions to overcome this feeling?  Please note that I drank my liquor cabinet dry.

I don't even know if a 20 point win tonight over DePaul will make me feel better.  I'm heading up to South Bend on Saturday for an experience that will hopefully renew my faith in MU bball.

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: I need help...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »
I'm excited just due to the curiousity of seeing how they respond.  I think it could go a long way in determining how they fare the rest of the season.
No Finish Line

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »
Just sit back and allow yourself to be entertained.  Healing takes time.  The verve will return. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
The opponent and hangover from Saturday has left me apathetic, too.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »
It's a DePaul game.  It's kind of hard to get enthused about this game, unless they're playing at MU's home away from home - Allstate (which means I don't have to make the 90 mile drive back to Chicago).

I'm always excited to see these kids get on the court and compete, even if it's against a recent D-1 addition.  

Suggestions: Watch the game.  If you're at the BC, go nuts when they do something good, or chuck AAs at the refs when they blow a call.  Chant "Jo-ey Meyer!!" *clap* *clap* *clap-clap-clap* (or Jer-ry Wainwright).  You can do the same thing if you're at home, too.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm currently experiencing an emotion/feeling I didn't ever think I'd experience in my lifetime (at least one I hoped I'd never feel).  That feeling, ?  What are some suggestions to overcome this feeling?  

Try some HGW... ;D

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080214080311AAWO5Uc

goan

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »
say the rosary as you watch the game in latin

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm currently experiencing an emotion/feeling I didn't ever think I'd experience in my lifetime (at least one I hoped I'd never feel).  That feeling, surrounds tonight's game against DePaul.  The negative taste in my mouth from Saturday's colossal debacle, still is extremely pungent.  So much, that I'm having trouble getting excited about watching MU tonight.

I've never been more angry, disenchanted, and frustrated after an MU game before. 

Honestly...3 months ago, I would've paid to see MU play 5 Scoopers.  Now...I'm struggling to get amped for a home game in the Big East?!?

My question to the board is twofold:  Am I the only one not necessarily motivated to watch Marquette tonight?  What are some suggestions to overcome this feeling?  Please note that I drank my liquor cabinet dry.

I don't even know if a 20 point win tonight over DePaul will make me feel better.  I'm heading up to South Bend on Saturday for an experience that will hopefully renew my faith in MU bball.

I feel the same way. Every season I catch myself  looking backwards and playing a "what if" game over tough losses. But this wasn't a game we could have or should have won, it was a game that for all intents and purposes we had won. So tonight the best I'll be able to muster is relief if we win and deep depression if we lose. Hate going into a game feeling like that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
say the rosary as you watch the game in latin

Who broadcasts the game in Latin?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »

Dude, the Vatican :)

Cheer up, dude.  It sucks, but that just means room for improvement, and will these kids learn a lesson if they somehow won at the end?  I want another mark in the W column as much as the next scooper, but they "weren't themselves" in the last 5 min of the game, and hopefully now they won't repeat this mistake ever again (or at least this season).

Only time will tell.  Now be grateful we are not matched up against another top 25 team tonight and enjoy the ride :)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »

Exactly what I wondered.  And are liquor stores closed today?  Get after it, get liquored up and watch the f-ing game.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »
The UL result makes it tough. My thought is there will be no real positive from tonight. If we blow out DePaul, well, it's DePaul, so who cares? If it's close, or if we lose, it's time for full-panic mode. There is no winning. Until we get to redeem ourselves against ND or UConn, it's all window dressing.

I'll be at the game tonight, so I'll just be cheering for a blowout against a traditional rival. If nothing else, I know the DePaul faithful still regard us as public enemy #1 so I'll be pulling for the boys to ruin their week the way Louisville ruined mine.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »
I'm right there with you, WfP.  If we didn't already have a babysitter for tonight, I think I'd give these tickets away.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 04:36:02 PM »
Man, you guys are starting to act like you're living in a retirement home. Grab your old lady, close the drapes and act like you're in heat again. Then, grab your walkers and canes and head for the game.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
I feel the same as the OP. This is the least happy I've been with Buzz since he's been here. I just hate that slow-down, no intensity offense he has displayed at the end of games multiple times now. I really hope he has learned how to shove the foot on the neck in the future after the debacle in lville.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »
I am suddenly thrilled by the fact that I was only able to "watch" the first half and a few minutes of the 2nd half.  My daughter had a game so I brought a small radio and headphones.  I was only able to listen to the end of the game when I found a spot against an outside wall where I could get a faint signal.  Granted I felt like turning my radio off by chucking it against the wall, but I was able to file the game away in my brain much easier than those of you here (and some coworker alums) since I didn't fully witness it.

As soon as I got home I went straight to the DVR and deleted it without pressing play.  I have nothing else to do tonight, so if the game goes bad...look out inanimate objects.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
There's just not a ton of upside to tonight's game. If we win, it's not like we redeemed ourselves...we should pummel the crap out of DePaul. If we lose, I don't even want to think about it. I recall someone saying the school should be closed after we lost to them last year.

I didn't see the Louisville game live but I watched the score on my phone and was in a foul mood the entire rest of the day. Wasn't sure I could bear to watch it back on DVR but I did, and actually felt better after seeing it. We collapsed for sure, but Louisville was a different team those last 5 minutes and we just didn't react. We panicked and folded. Crappy loss but there's a lot left to this season. Hopefully the guys are getting back in the saddle faster than us fans are.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
I think the ship will right itself tonight convincingly.  This remains a young team. Better to get heartbreak games like Saturday's early so as to better prepare for the close ones to come at tournament time. MU is still getting votes in the polls and deservedly so.

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 06:14:16 PM »
Just sit back and allow yourself to be entertained.  Healing takes time.  The verve will return. 
+1

If you expect MU to win everything always, don't bother asking for pain. This isn't the program for you. It might be seen as sadistic, but I take pleasure in having a reputable program to support in spite of inevitable heartbreak. We are not among the elite programs.  Enjoy our opportunities to beat those elite programs we play. But you'll have to take some bad beatings along the way.  Enjoy. Its basketball. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »
I have the same feeling.  A win on Saturday and I would've been excited for this game.  We would've been 4-1, RPI/Ranking/tournament chances skyrocketing, really starting to draw some attention.  Winning against DePaul can't reinvigorate me, so I'll probably catch the first half and go to bed.  Winning @ND will help, but it might even take a win over UConn in a week to really start feeling excited again.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »
F*ckin' told me if we lose to DePaul he's going to have sex with his dog, human style.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"