2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So, For How Long Does Buzz...  (Read 13059 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
So, For How Long Does Buzz...
« on: January 01, 2011, 12:06:28 PM »
teach Ox, EWill, and Mellow a lesson. BTW, how did Noreen look for the Mountaineers?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
Re: So, For How Long Does Buzz...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 12:07:54 PM »
teach Ox, EWill, and Mellow a lesson. BTW, how did Noreen look for the Mountaineers?
We just won a tough game. Enjoy it.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 12:09:48 PM »
gardner: 0 minutes.

Otule: 3 rebounds and 2 points in 29 minutes, and he was schooled by Kilici
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:12:11 PM »

I knew Buzz would keep his rotations short.  That's what he does.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 12:13:45 PM »
No reason OX shouldn't have gotten at least 5 min. But yes take the w

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »
Ox isn't ready for this.  If you think Kcilxccizzciccii abused Otule, he would hgave scored 40 against Gardner. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

Agree, I also thought Buzz could have found 5 minutes for Gardner to provide a spark.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »
Good.   He can't jump, doesn't box out, or move his feet on defense.  Talk about a liability in BE play.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 12:29:30 PM »
I won't be surprised at all if Jones decided to transfer. The most he has played in any game this year is 14 minutes, and he didn't play at all against Bucknell, Duke, Gonzaga, UWM, Vanderbilt and West Virginia. He only played 2 minutes against Wisconsin. How do you know what a guy can do if you never play him?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »
How do you know what a guy can do if you never play him?

Practice.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »
When he plays, he turns the ball over and gives up lay ups.   Even during the one game he had his scoring outburst, he gave up more than he scored.  As soon as any of the 3 are ready defensively, they will play.   No major mystery.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »
I won't be surprised at all if Jones decided to transfer. The most he has played in any game this year is 14 minutes, and he didn't play at all against Bucknell, Duke, Gonzaga, UWM, Vanderbilt and West Virginia. He only played 2 minutes against Wisconsin. How do you know what a guy can do if you never play him?
Holy Crap he's a FRESHMAN!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:50 PM »
Practice.

Very true...the question is whether he chooses to practice at another school if he feels he is wasting away here.  That's the difficult line Buzz has to straddle.  Hopefully it works out for MU and this kid can play his way into some minutes.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »

Watching him play in the summer, Jones had a LONG ways to go.  Wasn't intense at all on D (even less than normal for summer ball), getting to the lane on O.  Just wanted to float on the 3 point line and shoot, and I don't think he's that great a shooter to be doing that.

If Jones would develop the motivation to play consistently the way he did in the game i saw of him in hs, I'm sure he'd be playing a little.  

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »
I could be wrong, but I swear I saw Jones getting ready to go in under the scorer's table .. then there was a full timeout, and when the team took the court again, he was not in.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
I could be wrong, but I swear I saw Jones getting ready to go in under the scorer's table .. then there was a full timeout, and when the team took the court again, he was not in.

100% correct..at the 13 minute mark..unfortunately play didn't stop for 2 minutes got under the 12 minute TV T.O...and Jones was back to bench
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 01:16:03 PM »
Not taking Rutgers lightly, but maybe Jones, Gardner and Williams will get some minutes on Wednesday. I'll be there cheering the Warriors on.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 01:22:54 PM »
Marquette plays elite level Big East basketball,

You want to see everyone play, go watch your kid's sixth grade pee wee team. 

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »

Otule did not have a good game.  Gave up more than a few offensive boards, bobbled a few pases, and missed several bunnies.  Surprised that Buzz played him 29 minutes.  I guess Buzz thought he was the only one who can handle Klichi (sp?).

Also surprised that Gardner didn't get a few minutes especially to start an offensive set.  I guess whatever Buzz is seeing in practice (re: Gardner) is not making him happy.

Otule putback dunk was clutch.  We may not win the game without it.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »

Kilicli is a nice player and I believe he was a top20 (10?) recruit.  Further, half of the shots he hit touched every part of the rim twice before falling, so he easily could have scored single digits if the rolls weren't going his way.   

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »
The two areas Williams and Jones struggle with is defensive awareness. When WV was in their motion set, they would have been beaten like a drum.

Love Davante, but Kilicli would have had his way with him. Way too mobile.

As far as I'm concerned, the only dark clouds for me are the FT shooting and Otule only grabbing 3 boards in 29 minutes. That has to go up. Otherwise, it was a really good win.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 01:48:50 PM »
We outrebounded WVU, so I guess a fair question that can't be quantified is how many boards did Chris keep his guy from getting by contesting that one of the other MU players pulled down?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »
Otule had a very good game as far as making it real tough for WV to get to the rim.  My guess is Buzz realizes they could do better with Gardner in, but just wants to prove a point by not playing him.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
It true Buzz shortened the bench today but I'm not sure he did anything wrong.  As Buzz said on the post game this game was about toughness which is what its always about with Huggins teams.  Gardner, Jones etc aren't that tough.  Also this was one of those difficult but win-able games and we have to get some Ws in those to get those to get the whole team confidence.  Also who were you going to take out?  Crowder was on fire, Jimmy was quite but is the stablizer.  You're right Jones was going to come in probably for DJO but while he was waiting DJO caught fire and you've got to stay with the hot hand.  With Byckes sitting with 4 you have to leave Junior in as the PG.  That leaves Otule so the only real option was to sub in a front court player for him.
You may be able to get those guys minutes against Rutgers or even ND.  For the most part freshman sit and learn and that's the way it was to be when you're playing in the BE.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »
Otule had a very good game as far as making it real tough for WV to get to the rim.  My guess is Buzz realizes they could do better with Gardner in, but just wants to prove a point by not playing him.

I absolutley agree with your -teal statement (lol).  Otule played a very good game.  He boxed out a player or set a pick on one to let Buycks go right to the rim and score too.  I think he did fine against decent players.  He is getting better, and the trend is looking good.