Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Otule sheds light on condition  (Read 2413 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Otule sheds light on condition
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
Otule sheds light on condition

During the second half of the Marquette Golden Eagles' 77-76 loss at No. 24 Vanderbilt last night, ESPN2 analyst Mark Gottfried made mention of the fact Chris Otule has only one eye.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112685544.html

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Otule sheds light on condition
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 05:04:06 PM »
Interesting, I did not know this prior to last night.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 05:31:28 PM »
I stand corrected.

Damn BMA! You're always right though!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:45:42 PM »
1.   I apologize for anything I have ever said about his hands.   So much makes sense.
2.   My wife is blind in one eye (which goes a long way to explaining why she married me) and she says that in the 30 plus years since she lost sight, she, too, has developed some depth perception.    The mind finds ways to compensate.    Chris is her new hero.
3.    Congratulations, young man, on your courage and never using this as an excuse.   (for bad hands, rebounding and FT shooting  ;D)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
That's pretty damn remarkable.  I still think he takes a lot of unwarranted heat and has a bright future.  This year he's shown he can block some shots and finish around the basket, two things we've severely lacked recently.
No Finish Line

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »
Wow, I guess I thought everyone knew this.  I have made many a mention to his sight affecting his catching ability.  With that said he is really amking tremendous strides.

His conditioning and positional defense and ability to get the ball are not great but his ability to finish the basketball are really nice. Me thinks he could be a real college force by his senior year.  he and DG are gonna help us the next 2 years.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »
Wow, I guess I thought everyone knew this.  I have made many a mention to his sight affecting his catching ability.  With that said he is really amking tremendous strides.

His conditioning and positional defense and ability to get the ball are not great but his ability to finish the basketball are really nice. Me thinks he could be a real college force by his senior year.  he and DG are gonna help us the next 2 years.

Please link one of the many mentions you have made of this.  I have am a pretty big fan who reads this board regularly, but I have never heard anyone mention it. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 01:10:05 PM »
I have also mentioned it before that he had an eye problem. I did not know he had a fake eye, I just thought he was virtually blind in one eye. Either Crean mentioned when he recruited him or Buzz mentioned he had an eye problem, before he played his freshmen year.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
I've posted previously that passes to him need to be chest high or he's in trouble.  Now its clear why thats the case.  Chris may think its not an issue; but, thats what he's used to.  But, kudos to chris for what he can do.  Actually pretty amazing to do what he does in such a fast moving game such as basketball. 

feedback