[Today at 09:12:02 AM]

2024-25 Roster by tower912
[Today at 07:04:54 AM]

NM by rocket surgeon
[Today at 05:46:50 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[June 11, 2024, 04:22:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No foul on that last play?  (Read 10459 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: No foul on that last play?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 10:31:21 PM »
Otule was forced to guard two men on that last play. It was a breakdown by the other defenders

mklenn

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 10:32:30 PM »
they owed us that call at the end, on the road or not. chicos stick to the UW message boards you just annoy the **** out of everyone on here. also everyone stop complaining about DB, he was big tonight

chren21

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »
Otule was forced to guard two men on that last play. It was a breakdown by the other defenders

I think crowder left his man

GGGG

• All American
Re: No call on that last play?
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 10:33:48 PM »
Around the screen toward the basket for a pull up at about 17 feet.

Lol...there wasn't a chance in hell he was pulling up.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
they owed us that call at the end, on the road or not. chicos stick to the UW message boards you just annoy the **** out of everyone on here. also everyone stop complaining about DB, he was big tonight

Choices has actually been very complimentary towards MUs tonight.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »
Ners, Buycks makes better decisions than DJO does.  He sees the floor better too.

I tend to agree, but that is even debatable..Buycks is prone to the no brainer turnover at times..and DJO is prone to getting a little out of control at times.  Probably no perfect solution..however, tonight I would have chosen Buycks to be the receipient of the inbounds pass...given he shot the ball very well tonight..and probably give him the edge for the qualities you mention above..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »
WTF!?

I am so angry I can punt a baby right now.

On the road? Yes. In the waning seconds? Yes. If it is a foul at any other point in the game, it is a foul then.

Being a road team in the waning seconds didn't prevent Georgetown from getting a phantom foul call in 08 (no I have not and will never let that go). DJO didn't fall to the floor at the same time as the defender (who because I am so incredibly angry I do not care to look up who it was) by coincidence.

We were worked on that play.

mklenn

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
Choices has actually been very complimentary towards MUs tonight.

saw his other post after i posted. my bad chicos

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 10:46:25 PM »
I tend to agree, but that is even debatable..Buycks is prone to the no brainer turnover at times..and DJO is prone to getting a little out of control at times.  Probably no perfect solution..however, tonight I would have chosen Buycks to be the receipient of the inbounds pass...given he shot the ball very well tonight..and probably give him the edge for the qualities you mention above..

And to be fair, they may have cycled Buycks through and they just didn't get him the ball.

But DJO also made that bonehead play versus UW when he knocked it out of Buycks hands.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »

And to be fair, they may have cycled Buycks through and they just didn't get him the ball.

But DJO also made that bonehead play versus UW when he knocked it out of Buycks hands.

yeah..that was brutal..just brutal..nothing worse than stealing the ball from your teammate!  Think DJO thought it was gonna be a handoff play..and Buycks decided to keep that..but whatever the case..just more end of game hi-jinx.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »
If there was no contact why did the defender fall right as DJO passed him?

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »
If there was no contact why did the defender fall right as DJO passed him?

But it's on the road. Near the end of the game. So it's different.

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »
You all need to invest in a TiVo.  There was no contact. As much as I hate to say it, it was a good no call.

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
You all need to invest in a TiVo.  There was no contact. As much as I hate to say it, it was a good no call.

Why did the defender fall? Was djo really running that fast?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 11:09:24 PM »
I have a DVR. Are you sayin DJO and the Vandy defender both tripped at the same time without contact?

karavotsos

• All American
Re: No call on that last play?
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »

Lol...there wasn't a chance in hell he was pulling up.

I don't understand why its funny to believe he would have pulled up.  Maybe he would have shot a runner.  I don't understand your point.  It looked pretty clear to me what they were trying to do.

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 11:12:50 PM »
I have a DVR. Are you sayin DJO and the Vandy defender both tripped at the same time without contact?

All I'm saying is that if you go frame by frame on the replay from BOTH angles, there is no evidence of contact being made.

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »

Same reason DJO fell. Slipped and lost footing. Well drawn up play that gave us a chance to win, but very unfortunate ending.
We Are Elite

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 11:13:55 PM »
All I'm saying is that if you go frame by frame on the replay from BOTH angles, there is no evidence of contact being made.

Except for the defender falling to the floor as well. Unless DJO was really running that fast?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »

Two guys tripping at the exact same time as they pass each other isn't evidence?

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 11:18:22 PM »
Two guys tripping at the exact same time as they pass each other isn't evidence?

No, evidence would be physical contact actually being made between the two of them. They simply dont touch each other.

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 11:29:08 PM »
I have a question that i'm unsure of the answer and i'd appreciate if someone can clear it up?

If a defensive player unintentionally trips a guy who is penetrating, is that by the rule book technically a foul because i thought DJO did get tripped by the defender, but the defender didn't stick his leg out with the intention to trip DJO, their feet just got tangled up?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »

I hate UW, why in hell would I want to stick to their message boards?

You don't get calls "owed" to you....I'm sure Vanderbilt fans could claim Vander fouled their guys bringing up the ball 4 or 5 times during the game, you could here the fans displeasure with those non-calls. 

Let's put it another way....if the reverse happened and MU was winning and that call was made people here would be going absolutely APESHYTE that it was a ridiculous call and you know it.   You can't have it both ways.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:42 PM »
Why did the defender fall? Was djo really running that fast?

Why did we throw the ball out of bounds without a deflection against Wisconsin?  Sometimes kids make odd plays in crunch time.

I watched the play many times on the DVR, no trip from what I can see.  I do think he got him on the hip a bit, but believe it was not going to be called.  If the shoe was on the other foot and a call made with MU up, people here would go ballistic.  Can you imagine MU at home, up 1 against Vandy and a call made in that situation...there would be riot here.

As for why the defender fell down....wouldn't that be because he was fighting through the screen?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 11:41:13 PM »

Let's put it another way....if the reverse happened and MU was winning and that call was made people here would be going absolutely APESHYTE that it was a ridiculous call and you know it.   You can't have it both ways.

And you'd be on here reminding everyone that a foul is a foul, take off your blue and gold glasses, stop being a fanboy, etc. You can't have it both ways either.