collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: For a diversion - check out the meltdown on the IU boards  (Read 12631 times)

jmayer1

• All American
Re: For a diversion - check out the meltdown on the IU boards
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 08:11:20 PM »
Most people over there get it.  They were picked 9th or 10th for a reason this year.  The troops don't start arriving until next year and the two classes beyond that.

Really? Seriously? After how many times you've stated how useless the preseason rankings are, you pull this out?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29:50 AM »
Really? Seriously? After how many times you've stated how useless the preseason rankings are, you pull this out?

I said The preseason TOP 25national rankings where 360 teams are supposedly evaluated to choose the top 25....I did not say picking 1 through 11 in a conference done by the coaches in the conference who know their own teams and those of the league inside and out. 

Yes, really, seriously....try to read what I ACTUALLY say and that will help with your comebacks.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010, 01:31:29 AM »
No offense Chicos - but ironically, it seems some over here need to "get it."  MU was picked 8th or 9th in the Big East for a reason...12th in the Big East last year for a reason...and after DePaul last year we had many predicting we'd be lucky to make the NIT (yourself included), and now this year due to the way we've won the games we've won..and for losing to Duke, Zaga, and Wisconsin..we are "doomed" for the NIT.  Regardless, that's about what we should be ticketed for, right?  Considering our predicted 8th place finish?  Why some of the disbelief and outrage on your part when we only beat UWM by 2, Centenary by 29, etc??

Go back and read what I said after the DePaul loss last year and try again...seriously...READ EVERYTHING I said, not just one part.  This is the problem you have, you and others for whatever reason read one sentence but not another, or simply don't read a follow-up post for whatever reason.  Frustrating

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »
I said The preseason TOP 25national rankings where 360 teams are supposedly evaluated to choose the top 25....I did not say picking 1 through 11 in a conference done by the coaches in the conference who know their own teams and those of the league inside and out. 

Yes, really, seriously....try to read what I ACTUALLY say and that will help with your comebacks.

Well come on now Chicos, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Where was MU picked in its conference the last two years, and where did it finish?

Just sayin'... fair and balanced. ;)

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2010, 10:28:17 AM »
Go back and read what I said after the DePaul loss last year and try again...seriously...READ EVERYTHING I said, not just one part.  This is the problem you have, you and others for whatever reason read one sentence but not another, or simply don't read a follow-up post for whatever reason.  Frustrating

Hang in there dude - I'll make it a New Year's resolution to pay attention to the pesky little details as you call them!  That said, if you would make it an effort in 2011 to NOT post negative knee jerk reaction typs of content - it would be appreciated - and in so doing, I'm sure myself and others wouldn't misconstrue the content of your posts.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 04:46:15 PM »

Note: Quote edited to only include pertinent part.

PS  I suspect we'll end up in the polls closer to 16th then to 9th but we'll see.  Those same stellar coaches picked Notre Dame 4th including one vote to win the conference. If I recall, they picked Marquette 12th a few years ago.  Coaches just slap something on paper, they don't put any time in it.  I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what the coaches picked in preseason.

Care to respond?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 05:08:22 PM »
Should be interesting after tonight's game vs tOSU.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »
Note: Quote edited to only include pertinent part.

Care to respond?

I missed, sort of like your Vikings predictions this year.   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »
Well come on now Chicos, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Where was MU picked in its conference the last two years, and where did it finish?

Just sayin'... fair and balanced. ;)

Fair point

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »
I missed, sort of like your Vikings predictions this year.   ;)

????

Do you have me confused with another poster because I don't remember making any Vikings predictions this year.

There is nothing wrong with making a prediction and then being wrong. Happens all the time.  That would be called a miss.  I'm sure I've made lots of predictions on this board that were wrong, oh well, I'm fine with that.

You flat out lying would not be considered a miss.  It is a lie.  So please don't refer to it as such, or put a smiley face after your comment, especially after you called me out. The right thing to do would be just to admit you were flat out wrong and don't remember saying that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »
????

Do you have me confused with another poster because I don't remember making any Vikings predictions this year.

There is nothing wrong with making a prediction and then being wrong. Happens all the time.  That would be called a miss.  I'm sure I've made lots of predictions on this board that were wrong, oh well, I'm fine with that.

You flat out lying would not be considered a miss.  It is a lie.  So please don't refer to it as such, or put a smiley face after your comment, especially after you called me out. The right thing to do would be just to admit you were flat out wrong and don't remember saying that.

+1000

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 06:09:12 PM »
????

Wow.. that makes ME want to admit I was flat out wrong and I am not even sure what I did!  :D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
Wow.. that makes ME want to admit I was flat out wrong and I am not even sure what I did!  :D

Well at least you used a smiley.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »
????

There is nothing wrong with making a prediction and then being wrong. Happens all the time.  That would be called a miss.  I'm sure I've made lots of predictions on this board that were wrong, oh well, I'm fine with that.

You flat out lying would not be considered a miss.  It is a lie.  So please don't refer to it as such, or put a smiley face after your comment, especially after you called me out. The right thing to do would be just to admit you were flat out wrong and don't remember saying that.

It's a lie when it's intentional, you know when Lenny says the VAST MAJORITY of my Buzz posts are negative when they aren't (and has been proven....Lenny's going to love all the science behind it...the guy who is doing it is very good).

You're right, I confused you with JayBee...that's a mistake, not a lie.

I'll own up to it right now.  I was wrong, my apologies for making that mistake and confusing you with Jay Bee (a double whammy, because really no one should be compared to Jay Bee).  Hopefully that is owning up to it enough.

Some day Lenny may do the same, but we know he won't and the data will have to call him out instead.  Unfortunate, but he won't man up when he's wrong.  There are plenty of us here that are wrong and we do man up and admit it.  Again, my apologies Jmayer for confusing you with JayBee.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »
I was wrong, my apologies for making that mistake and confusing you with Jay Bee (a double whammy, because really no one should be compared to Jay Bee).

I'm sure you meant that as a compliment.  If you ever decide to truly own up for being wrong each time you are, please try to consolidate the apologies to one post... otherwise, we'd be looking at hundreds of individual threads. 

As for I4, I'll probably head over to the Barn to watch Minnesota beat the living hell out of that terrible team on Tuesday.  It's year three and they will be sub-.500... you probably know the history -- what was the consensus of I4 fans when Crean was hired as to when they'd first have a winning season?  I've gotta think the majority thought by year 3 they would at least be a .500 (overall, not in conference) team...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2011, 12:48:13 PM »
I'm sure you meant that as a compliment.  If you ever decide to truly own up for being wrong each time you are, please try to consolidate the apologies to one post... otherwise, we'd be looking at hundreds of individual threads. 

As for I4, I'll probably head over to the Barn to watch Minnesota beat the living hell out of that terrible team on Tuesday.  It's year three and they will be sub-.500... you probably know the history -- what was the consensus of I4 fans when Crean was hired as to when they'd first have a winning season?  I've gotta think the majority thought by year 3 they would at least be a .500 (overall, not in conference) team...

Sort of like your Vikings predictions this year.  ;D

Yes, I would think most IU fans thought they would have a winning overall record in year 3.  We'll see how this season shakes out.  Of course most IU fans are thrilled with who they have coming in over the next three years and even more thrilled to be beyond the stench that was Kelvin Sampson.

Have fun at the Barn, shame they couldn't beat Wisconsin but somehow UW-madison's lesser talented teams just keep beating MU, Minnesota and most other teams. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
Sort of like your Vikings predictions this year.  ;D

Yes, I would think most IU fans thought they would have a winning overall record in year 3.  We'll see how this season shakes out.  Of course most IU fans are thrilled with who they have coming in over the next three years and even more thrilled to be beyond the stench that was Kelvin Sampson.

Have fun at the Barn, shame they couldn't beat Wisconsin but somehow UW-madison's lesser talented teams just keep beating MU, Minnesota and most other teams. 

Actually, my Vikings prediction this year was far more tempered than last season.  That's why I won a ton of money last year, and didn't lose any this year.

Do you honestly think there is a chance I4 doesn't have a losing record?  They are brutal.  Change 'next three' to 'next four'... 2014 looks good as of today. 

I wish we had Becky in Minneapolis this season... not sure they 'just keep beating'.. I think Tubby had a few in a row against Bo until the Dec 28 game.  But, Becky does find a way to be a solid team most years... maybe your love affair with traditional players has some merit in certain circumstances.  The sad thing is WI's top two players (far and away) are both Minnesota kids. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2011, 01:27:23 PM »
Actually, my Vikings prediction this year was far more tempered than last season.  That's why I won a ton of money last year, and didn't lose any this year.

Do you honestly think there is a chance I4 doesn't have a losing record?  They are brutal.  Change 'next three' to 'next four'... 2014 looks good as of today.  

I wish we had Becky in Minneapolis this season... not sure they 'just keep beating'.. I think Tubby had a few in a row against Bo until the Dec 28 game.  But, Becky does find a way to be a solid team most years... maybe your love affair with traditional players has some merit in certain circumstances.  The sad thing is WI's top two players (far and away) are both Minnesota kids.  

Yet they are still "traditional"...I could care less where we get them from, I'd just like to have a few on the squad....they can be from Minnesota, Cancun, or Cairo for all I care.  Can they shoot the ball, rebound the ball, make free throws and play with a high basketball IQ.

You'll forgive me, but weren't you picking the Vikings to win the NFC North?  Going to the playoffs?  Etc?

I have no idea where IU will finish.  I predicted a winning record this year, before they lost Michel, that hurt them.  Ken Pom predicts they go 14-17 so two games different gives them a winning record.  That's why we'll have to see how it shakes out.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2011, 01:43:08 PM »
Yet they are still "traditional"...I could care less where we get them from, I'd just like to have a few on the squad....they can be from Minnesota, Cancun, or Cairo for all I care.  Can they shoot the ball, rebound the ball, make free throws and play with a high basketball IQ.

You'll forgive me, but weren't you picking the Vikings to win the NFC North?  Going to the playoffs?  Etc?

I have no idea where IU will finish.  I predicted a winning record this year, before they lost Michel, that hurt them.  Ken Pom predicts they go 14-17 so two games different gives them a winning record.  That's why we'll have to see how it shakes out.

The kid from my high school, Jordan Taylor, is not 'traditional' as you define it. 

Two years ago I bet many people, including a handful on this board, that Minnesota would win the NFC North.  This year I did not.

I can tell you where it'll shake out - I4 will finish below .500 and they would have with that cheater guy.  I would gladly take that bet (I4 .500 or not) if you'd entertain it. 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »
It's a lie when it's intentional, you know when Lenny says the VAST MAJORITY of my Buzz posts are negative when they aren't (and has been proven....Lenny's going to love all the science behind it...the guy who is doing it is very good).

You're right, I confused you with JayBee...that's a mistake, not a lie.

I'll own up to it right now.  I was wrong, my apologies for making that mistake and confusing you with Jay Bee (a double whammy, because really no one should be compared to Jay Bee).  Hopefully that is owning up to it enough.

Some day Lenny may do the same, but we know he won't and the data will have to call him out instead.  Unfortunate, but he won't man up when he's wrong.  There are plenty of us here that are wrong and we do man up and admit it.  Again, my apologies Jmayer for confusing you with JayBee.

Sounds good, thanks man.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
The kid from my high school, Jordan Taylor, is not 'traditional' as you define it. 

Two years ago I bet many people, including a handful on this board, that Minnesota would win the NFC North.  This year I did not.

I can tell you where it'll shake out - I4 will finish below .500 and they would have with that cheater guy.  I would gladly take that bet (I4 .500 or not) if you'd entertain it. 

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=21174.msg232434#msg232434

"The Vikings are poised to follow the lead of the Minnesota Twins and win yet another division championship."

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=21174.msg234997#msg234997

"SKOL VIKINGS.. crown us after tomorrow night, fellas"

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=21174.275

"Smart money is on THE CONSENSUS once again, baby!!!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!"

If you couldn't tell how the Vikings were going to shake out, how can we trust you to tell us how other sports teams will shake out?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »
If you couldn't tell how the Vikings were going to shake out, how can we trust you to tell us how other sports teams will shake out?

JDD, you're a weird dude.  Let me know if you want to take me up on the I4 bet (or if you want to propose a Vikings bet). 

Like I said, "Two years ago I bet many people, including a handful on this board, that Minnesota would win the NFC North.  This year I did not."  A joking post when a team is 0-2 is great and all, glad you could find that, but actions speak a lot stronger than words. 

PS - maybe you can make yourself useful... I understand Comcast picked up SNY in a number of markets... but I can't figure out if we will get it here in Minneapolis... do you know what is going on between SNY and Comcast, and if I should expect it to be available via Comcast in the Twin Cities soon (or now)?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
I'm a weird dude because I showed where you said they would win it, on multiple posts from you?

Sorry, it was so funny no one recognized it as a joke.  

Call Comcast