[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Time to try adulthood  (Read 8362 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Time to try adulthood
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 12:36:57 PM »

Stop your persecution complex.  No one is protecting Chicos.  You are the one that calls him out more than anyone.  Here's the deal...if Chicos says something that you don't like about the MU basketball program, keep it on topic and don't make it personal.  Bring up counter points to his arguments instead of dragging him down with insults.

There's more f*ckin drama in here than As the World Turns.  People should know that at some point, you should just let threads die and not respond to every time someone counters your argument.

I agree with you that letting threads die (while difficult) can be a wise and mature act. You once did it in a disagreement with me and I applaud you for it.

But ask yourself this: Who is the most likely common denoninator in disputes that become personal on this board? It's Chicos by a landslide. If a kid gets in a fight with a different kid on the playground every day the problem may be mostly with him. Blaming others ends up mostly missing the point.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
LEAVE CHICOS ALONE! You are lucky he even posts here for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE CHICOS ALONE!…..Please.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Britney Alone Please…. !
Leave Britney Spears alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with her you deal with me, because she is not well right now.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »
The saddest part is that 99% of the members here (including me) don't know or CARE about these little school girl fights between Chicos, Jay Bee, Dimes, or whoever else in involved with them. We are just MU basketball fans who like a little inside info on the program and to contribute our 2 cents every once in a while. Unfortunately, literally a handful of posters is cluttering up the board with nonsense that most of us know nothing about...with personal baggage on one another that none of us know or care about. I tolerate it, but in the end its going to drive away occasional posters and visitors, which is really sad.

+1000000000000

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
I agree with you that letting threads die (while difficult) can be a wise and mature act. You once did it in a disagreement with me and I applaud you for it.

But ask yourself this: Who is the most likely common denoninator in disputes that become personal on this board? It's Chicos by a landslide. If a kid gets in a fight with a different kid on the playground every day the problem may be mostly with him. Blaming others ends up mostly missing the point.

But if it's the same two or three kids getting in fights with him, then I blame everyone involved.

IOW, look in a mirror.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 02:42:05 PM »

The other way to look at it is that 95% of the people here I converse with all the time with ZERO issues ever.  It's always the same 5 or 6 people core people.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »

But if it's the same two or three kids getting in fights with him, then I blame everyone involved.

IOW, look in a mirror.

How 'bout when it's 10 or more?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »
How 'bout when it's 10 or more?

Stop.  Just stop.  Nobody cares.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
Hi. My username is MerrittsMustache and I have engaged in juvenile message board debates with certain posters...

(Group: Hi MerrittsMustache)

I'd like to share the breakthrough that I had today. A few minutes ago, I read some posts that a certain poster made on a different thread that I thought were made solely to instigate. Normally I would bite, but today (deep breath)...today, I simply chose not to respond. It just wasn't worth my time. And I have to tell you, it feels terrific.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »

HI MERRITTSMUSTACHE!!!!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »

HI MERRITTSMUSTACHE!!!!

This appears to be a non-traditional support group.

LOL @ rocky getting on Lennys but not saying anything to Chicos.  Same old, same old...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
Hi. My username is MerrittsMustache and I have engaged in juvenile message board debates with certain posters...

(Group: Hi MerrittsMustache)

I'd like to share the breakthrough that I had today. A few minutes ago, I read some posts that a certain poster made on a different thread that I thought were made solely to instigate. Normally I would bite, but today (deep breath)...today, I simply chose not to respond. It just wasn't worth my time. And I have to tell you, it feels terrific.

One post at a time, Stache.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »

I'd like to share the breakthrough that I had today. A few minutes ago, I read some posts that a certain poster made on a different thread that I thought were made solely to instigate. Normally I would bite, but today (deep breath)...today, I simply chose not to respond. It just wasn't worth my time.

Teal?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 04:43:13 PM »
I take it the ladies are exempt from this admonition?  because you know how serious and mature we all are ^_^

<-------------- Haters to the left  (you know who you are)

We Are MU, ¿no?  Viva Marquette!  Crush the CeeCees! (= whatever mascot TAMCCU is... besides Tamiflu. Tampax. i mean, lone star. I mean... things Islander... ::yawn::).

Ziggy/ZFFB, what happened to the original fry boy?? i know i missed something along the way.

Speaking of Staying Classy San Diego, did 'no more DB' get reincarnated? ::crossesfingers::

Those of us who actually still have our 1200 baud modem get a headache from reading posts like this.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »
Those of us who actually still have our 1200 baud modem get a headache from reading posts like this.

300 baud in the garage somewhere along with a tape cassette drive that plugged into the peripheral port.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »
300 baud?  That's fast. 

Signed,

110 baud with acoustic coupler and punch cards.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
300 baud?  That's fast. 

Signed,

110 baud with acoustic coupler and punch cards.

my sincerest of apologies i will try to utilize fewer symbols but i cannot promise fewer cymbals

i feel a "Real Bad!" Freeway pun would fit somewhere in here!  i guess you pronounce baud like bod though... too bod.