[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Time to try adulthood  (Read 8363 times)

tower912

• All American
Time to try adulthood
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:23:08 PM »
Gentlemen, I love this site and I truly enjoy the spirited give and take.   But if the mods were to pack it in because it has been too difficult to moderate as many of us engage in juvenile one-upsmanship, who could blame them?    And where would many of you go since you have been banned by Dodds?   A serious suggestion.   When it devolves to name calling and printing guys names in an open forum.....it is time to PM.  Or it is time for the ignore button until you cool down.     It is time to grow up.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

chapman

• All American
Re: Time to try adulthood
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »
^^^^^

Some of you beter shape up or it's lumps of coal this holiday season!  :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:31:18 PM by chapman »

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »
I tried that adulthood career path for well over 50 years.  It's not all it's cracked up to be.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:11:55 PM »
what threads exactly is this referring to?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:28:09 PM »
What thread is it not referring to? 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:43:15 PM »
Until they stop protecting Chicos, it's hopeless.  It's time to ban him and publicly state they have done so.  Unreal.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:53:02 PM »
For the record, I'm completely supportive of being immature.

However, I lose respect for all those that can't just have immature thoughts, and instead need to click post to prove to the world that they are immature.

Until they stop protecting Chicos, it's hopeless.  It's time to ban him and publicly state they have done so.  Unreal.

We hardly protect Chicos (in fact, I'll acknowledge that he has to endure more "heat" on his own than we tolerate with others).  However, you are correct that he has not been banned.  At least not for a long time.  You could say that we're protective of all real Marquette fans - Chicos, and Dimes included.  Dimes is on about his 3rd reincarnation - we know that, but we also know he really enjoys Marquette Basketball, and talking about Marquette Basketball.  True "trolls" we have no patience for.

For the 983 time, we don't want to have to moderate at all, self moderation is the only way a fan-supported forum can survive. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:58:25 PM »
For the record, I'm completely supportive of being immature.

However, I lose respect for all those that can't just have immature thoughts, and instead need to click post to prove to the world that they are immature.

We hardly protect Chicos (in fact, I'll acknowledge that he has to endure more "heat" on his own than we tolerate with others).  However, you are correct that he has not been banned.  At least not for a long time.  You could say that we're protective of all real Marquette fans - Chicos, and Dimes included.  Dimes is on about his 3rd reincarnation - we know that, but we also know he really enjoys Marquette Basketball, and talking about Marquette Basketball.  True "trolls" we have no patience for.

For the 983 time, we don't want to have to moderate at all, self moderation is the only way a fan-supported forum can survive. 

I've been banned twice; but I guess Chicos has had more 'heat'.  Unreal.  It's plain to see by many people... really, really sad.  Hey, it's your site so you can be biased and unreasonable as much as you wish.  If I dislike it enough I won't stop by anymore... but, it's blatantly obvious that we've wandered into the realm of ridiculousness. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 11:03:11 PM »
Thank you for chiming in.  We really appreciate your wisdom on how to moderate a forum.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 11:03:37 PM »
I've been banned twice; but I guess Chicos has had more 'heat'.  Unreal.  It's plain to see by many people... really, really sad.  Hey, it's your site so you can be biased and unreasonable as much as you wish.  If I dislike it enough I won't stop by anymore... but, it's blatantly obvious that we've wandered into the realm of ridiculousness. 

See JB - you don't get it.  It's your choice to make this place whatever you want out of it.  Apparently you like to sit around and bitch and moan.  Trust me, that won't get you very far in life, but the good news is we'll let you do it here.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 11:11:34 PM »
You guys are right.  I should let the child get his way and be silly nonstop. 

Listen, moderating forums blows, I did it first in the late 80s on BBS's when cats were styling with 1200 bps modems... it's the double standards and obvious free pass you give to Chicos that is upsetting.  I appreciate this board very much in most respects.  But the love for the guy who has been booted off most boards for reasons clear as day to most is unsettling.

Rocky - thanks for the life lesson.  Maybe if we were all in a room together in real life I could handle this differently with Chicos, instead of my normal 'sit around and bitch and moan' (i.e., 'getting banned while he does whatever he wants'). 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »
Rocky - thanks for the life lesson. 

You're welcome.  But based on your response, I see it did little good.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:50:33 PM »
Gentlemen, I love this site and I truly enjoy the spirited give and take.   But if the mods were to pack it in because it has been too difficult to moderate as many of us engage in juvenile one-upsmanship, who could blame them?    And where would many of you go since you have been banned by Dodds?   A serious suggestion.   When it devolves to name calling and printing guys names in an open forum.....it is time to PM.  Or it is time for the ignore button until you cool down.     It is time to grow up.  

I take it the ladies are exempt from this admonition?  because you know how serious and mature we all are ^_^

<-------------- Haters to the left  (you know who you are)

We Are MU, ¿no?  Viva Marquette!  Crush the CeeCees! (= whatever mascot TAMCCU is... besides Tamiflu. Tampax. i mean, lone star. I mean... things Islander... ::yawn::).

Ziggy/ZFFB, what happened to the original fry boy?? i know i missed something along the way.

Speaking of Staying Classy San Diego, did 'no more DB' get reincarnated? ::crossesfingers::

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
The saddest part is that 99% of the members here (including me) don't know or CARE about these little school girl fights between Chicos, Jay Bee, Dimes, or whoever else in involved with them. We are just MU basketball fans who like a little inside info on the program and to contribute our 2 cents every once in a while. Unfortunately, literally a handful of posters is cluttering up the board with nonsense that most of us know nothing about...with personal baggage on one another that none of us know or care about. I tolerate it, but in the end its going to drive away occasional posters and visitors, which is really sad.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
when will you guys allow "I know ousmane barro" back?

Also -- Tower, I'm sorry I pooped in your bed. Totes my bad

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 12:27:26 AM »
--

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:57:34 AM by MU B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 01:12:37 AM »
Ok, a thread pleading for people to act more mature, and JayBee and Chicos go at it again (those posts have been removed).

Really?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 06:12:29 AM »
Time to grow up and bash the people who deserve it the most..... Badger fans!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 07:01:10 AM »
I fear that this board is so far off the tracks we may not even be able to unite against Wiscy.   In honor of Coach Raymonds, maybe we could try to emulate his approach to people, if only for Badger week. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 07:21:32 AM »
JB and Chicos, meet 4chan.  4chan, Chicos and JB.

No rules.

Be well.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »
What a weiner.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 08:04:45 AM »
I wish we would just play a game already so that I can read about how bad we are instead of all the other crap that's been getting posted lately.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 08:32:11 AM »

Stop your persecution complex.  No one is protecting Chicos.  You are the one that calls him out more than anyone.  Here's the deal...if Chicos says something that you don't like about the MU basketball program, keep it on topic and don't make it personal.  Bring up counter points to his arguments instead of dragging him down with insults.

There's more f*ckin drama in here than As the World Turns.  People should know that at some point, you should just let threads die and not respond to every time someone counters your argument.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »
The saddest part is that 99% of the members here (including me) don't know or CARE about these little school girl fights between Chicos, Jay Bee, Dimes, or whoever else in involved with them. We are just MU basketball fans who like a little inside info on the program and to contribute our 2 cents every once in a while. Unfortunately, literally a handful of posters is cluttering up the board with nonsense that most of us know nothing about...with personal baggage on one another that none of us know or care about. I tolerate it, but in the end its going to drive away occasional posters and visitors, which is really sad.

+1

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »

Stop your persecution complex.  No one is protecting Chicos.  You are the one that calls him out more than anyone.  Here's the deal...if Chicos says something that you don't like about the MU basketball program, keep it on topic and don't make it personal.  Bring up counter points to his arguments instead of dragging him down with insults.

There's more f*ckin drama in here than As the World Turns.  People should know that at some point, you should just let threads die and not respond to every time someone counters your argument.

perhaps you forgot about Ners. ;)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 12:36:57 PM »

I agree with you that letting threads die (while difficult) can be a wise and mature act. You once did it in a disagreement with me and I applaud you for it.

But ask yourself this: Who is the most likely common denoninator in disputes that become personal on this board? It's Chicos by a landslide. If a kid gets in a fight with a different kid on the playground every day the problem may be mostly with him. Blaming others ends up mostly missing the point.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
LEAVE CHICOS ALONE! You are lucky he even posts here for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE CHICOS ALONE!…..Please.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Britney Alone Please…. !
Leave Britney Spears alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with her you deal with me, because she is not well right now.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »

+1000000000000

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
I agree with you that letting threads die (while difficult) can be a wise and mature act. You once did it in a disagreement with me and I applaud you for it.

But ask yourself this: Who is the most likely common denoninator in disputes that become personal on this board? It's Chicos by a landslide. If a kid gets in a fight with a different kid on the playground every day the problem may be mostly with him. Blaming others ends up mostly missing the point.

But if it's the same two or three kids getting in fights with him, then I blame everyone involved.

IOW, look in a mirror.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 02:42:05 PM »

The other way to look at it is that 95% of the people here I converse with all the time with ZERO issues ever.  It's always the same 5 or 6 people core people.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »

But if it's the same two or three kids getting in fights with him, then I blame everyone involved.

IOW, look in a mirror.

How 'bout when it's 10 or more?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »
How 'bout when it's 10 or more?

Stop.  Just stop.  Nobody cares.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
Hi. My username is MerrittsMustache and I have engaged in juvenile message board debates with certain posters...

(Group: Hi MerrittsMustache)

I'd like to share the breakthrough that I had today. A few minutes ago, I read some posts that a certain poster made on a different thread that I thought were made solely to instigate. Normally I would bite, but today (deep breath)...today, I simply chose not to respond. It just wasn't worth my time. And I have to tell you, it feels terrific.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »

HI MERRITTSMUSTACHE!!!!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »

HI MERRITTSMUSTACHE!!!!

This appears to be a non-traditional support group.

LOL @ rocky getting on Lennys but not saying anything to Chicos.  Same old, same old...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
Hi. My username is MerrittsMustache and I have engaged in juvenile message board debates with certain posters...

(Group: Hi MerrittsMustache)

I'd like to share the breakthrough that I had today. A few minutes ago, I read some posts that a certain poster made on a different thread that I thought were made solely to instigate. Normally I would bite, but today (deep breath)...today, I simply chose not to respond. It just wasn't worth my time. And I have to tell you, it feels terrific.

One post at a time, Stache.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »

I'd like to share the breakthrough that I had today. A few minutes ago, I read some posts that a certain poster made on a different thread that I thought were made solely to instigate. Normally I would bite, but today (deep breath)...today, I simply chose not to respond. It just wasn't worth my time.

Teal?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 04:43:13 PM »
I take it the ladies are exempt from this admonition?  because you know how serious and mature we all are ^_^

<-------------- Haters to the left  (you know who you are)

We Are MU, ¿no?  Viva Marquette!  Crush the CeeCees! (= whatever mascot TAMCCU is... besides Tamiflu. Tampax. i mean, lone star. I mean... things Islander... ::yawn::).

Ziggy/ZFFB, what happened to the original fry boy?? i know i missed something along the way.

Speaking of Staying Classy San Diego, did 'no more DB' get reincarnated? ::crossesfingers::

Those of us who actually still have our 1200 baud modem get a headache from reading posts like this.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »
Those of us who actually still have our 1200 baud modem get a headache from reading posts like this.

300 baud in the garage somewhere along with a tape cassette drive that plugged into the peripheral port.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »
300 baud?  That's fast. 

Signed,

110 baud with acoustic coupler and punch cards.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
300 baud?  That's fast. 

Signed,

110 baud with acoustic coupler and punch cards.

my sincerest of apologies i will try to utilize fewer symbols but i cannot promise fewer cymbals

i feel a "Real Bad!" Freeway pun would fit somewhere in here!  i guess you pronounce baud like bod though... too bod.