collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: stupid nevada...  (Read 5486 times)

jesmu84

• All American
stupid nevada...
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »
BCS bailed out once again. crap.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: stupid nevada...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »
I love that.  Now it's down to 3.  Maybe Auburn loses to South Carolina in the SEC Championship game and they have to chose between 1 loss LSU who didn't even make it to a Conference Championship game and an undefeated TCU.  Here's to hoping for a close win for TCU today.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 11:47:03 AM »
BCS bailed out once again. crap.

would you really have wanted to see boise get killed in the championship?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 12:12:33 PM »

like they were supposed to get "killed" by oklahoma in 2007? or VT this season? or oregon in 2008/2009?

really, i could care less if boise played in the national championship. i just wanted BSU/TCU to crash the party in hopes we might move more toward a playoff.  but i do think to say they would get "killed" is just ignorant.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:02:37 PM by socrplar125 »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
Stupid Neveda, or stupid Boise State kicker.  Talk about a gag job.  Makes Ray Finkle look like a lights out kicker.

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 01:30:06 PM »
like they were supposed to get "killed" by oklahoma in 2007? or VT this season? or oregon in 2008/2009?

really, i could care less if boise played in the national championship. i just wanted BSU/TCU to crash the party in hopes we might move more toward a playoff.  but i do think to say they would get "killed" is just ignorant.

people need to stop talking about that game against oklahoma. beating a team 4 years ago doesn't mean you deserve to play in a national championship today.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 01:38:49 PM »
people need to stop talking about that game against oklahoma. beating a team 4 years ago doesn't mean you deserve to play in a national championship today.

i didn't say it made them deserving. i was simply pointing out another instance of them predicted to get "killed"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »

Like Alabama beating Utah?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 05:45:42 PM »
More reasons to hate the BCS...

It's ripping apart basketball leagues, forcing non-state and small state schools to second-class status.

Just to be relevant you have to have a friggin' football team.
SS Marquette

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 10:12:33 AM »
Stupid Neveda, or stupid Boise State kicker.  Talk about a gag job.  Makes Ray Finkle look like a lights out kicker.

I'm still not convinced that both of those kicks missed.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 10:28:08 AM »
I'm still not convinced that both of those kicks missed.

Agree.  Short goalposts and terrible tv angles, but the refs are standing below each one

TT13

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »

Boise really got killed the last time they played Oregon, right?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292460068

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 05:02:15 PM »
Boise really got killed the last time they played Oregon, right?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292460068

ya...that #16 ranked Oregon team...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
ya...that #16 ranked Oregon team...

At Oregon....the last team to beat them there...Boise State.   #4 Stanford couldn't.  USC couldn't. 

Face it, plenty of non BCS teams have done extremely well in the bowls and against top competition in the last 5 years.  Utah beating #4 Alabama.  Boise State knocking off #10 Oklahoma.  TCU vs Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl was a great game two years ago.

The only non BCS team that failed to show up was Hawaii a few years ago against Georgia. 

Heck, look at the Big East teams (which are practically non-BCS and would likely lose to TCU and Boise) have done well in these BCS bowl games.  WVU knocking off #4 Oklahoma.  Louisville won the Orange Bowl. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
Like TCU beating #5 Wisconsin

LOL

4th time in 5 BCS bowl games the non-automatic qualifier wins!!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
Like TCU beating #5 Wisconsin

The #3 TCU, and favorite according to the gamblers, beating Wisconsin was not an upset.  My UW alum family members thought this was going to be a tough game.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 08:42:30 PM »
Sultan, my UW-alum family members expected to kill TCU.  When I said it was a 'good, close game', one of them said angrily..."what do you mean by that?".  It makes me relish the win all the more. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 08:44:13 PM »

The #3 TCU, and favorite according to the gamblers, beating Wisconsin was not an upset.  My UW alum family members thought this was going to be a tough game.

I was responding to one of the earlier posts that stated Boise State would be killed in the championship.  The same type of high and mighty thinking that many BCS conference football fans have all the time, despite each year these non AQ schools beating the BCS schools in bowl games.

I realize TCU was 3rd, but let's not think for a second how many "experts" and fans said they were ranked that highly because of their soft schedule and inability to be challenged each week.  The vegas lines are set to draw betting interest, not to pick winners. 

Most "experts", as ESPN and ABC (pregame) pointed out, picked Wisconsin to win this game.  I'm glad the experts were wrong.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »
Sultan, my UW-alum family members expected to kill TCU. 

How many of them actually watched TCU during the year?  Anyone who watched them knows they are a very good team.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 10:25:57 PM »

The gamblers got it right...although TCU was -3.

I didn't talk to a single Wisconin fan who thought this game was anything but a layup. They were outplayed, plain and simple. No gimmicks. The better football team won that game. Great game, by the way.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
The gamblers got it right...although TCU was -3.

I didn't talk to a single Wisconin fan who thought this game was anything but a layup. They were outplayed, plain and simple. No gimmicks. The better football team won that game. Great game, by the way.

Can't argue that the better team won...that is for sure.  That just shows that many of my fellow UW football fans don't really watch much college football.

feedback