Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gasser  (Read 12147 times)

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Re: Gasser
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 02:59:03 PM »
Dwight (he's a senior, right?) versus Travis's senior year what I was trying to compare. Want that bet?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
I remember it well.  But I'm pretty sure it was Robb Logterman

Correct - even some additional detail from the wiki:
http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/robb_logterman
Logterman scored in double figures 14 times, including his first two collegiate games (and six of his first seven) at NCAA finalist Duke (11 points) and at Kansas (20 points), where he hit on 7 of 12 field goals (3 of 6 three-pointers). The Kansas game was televised on ESPN and was remembered for showcasing Robb's uncanny knack for destroying L.A. Gear shoes.

And of course, this was one of the pivotal events that led to the fall of LA Gear...
http://www.turnaround.org/Publications/Articles.aspx?objectID=1806
Then, the company had a problem when a pair of its sneakers fell apart, literally, on national television. A college basketball player from Marquette University who was wearing L.A. Gear shoes ended up hitting the floor because his shoes fell apart. When you’re struggling to enter men’s performance shoe market, this is not a good thing.

SalsaMan

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
I'd rather compare them year to year.  Travis' senior year he played hurt with a wrist injury, shin issue, etc...then ultimately knocked out with the broken hand.

Travis also played for the Bronzed Beast of Bloomington who couldn't assemble the requisite talent to field a competitive team. The shame of the first round NIT blow out loss at home to Western Michigan is too painful for words.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
Travis also played for the Bronzed Beast of Bloomington who couldn't assemble the requisite talent to field a competitive team. The shame of the first round NIT blow out loss at home to Western Michigan is too painful for words.  

That's what you said the other three times...under the other usernames.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 04:06:21 PM »
Dwight (he's a senior, right?) versus Travis's senior year what I was trying to compare. Want that bet?

My fault, I was thinking DJO vs Diener.  With Diener hurt his senior year, doesn't seem like a fair bet....you're not comparing apples to apples in terms of health. 

I'm actually offering you a better shooter (DJO) against Dienier when he wasn't hurt, his junior season  Want the bet?

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »
2011 NBA Draft

1. Josh Gasser
2. Trevor Mbakwe
3. Scott Christopherson
4. Damian Saunders
5. Tyshawn Taylor

Book it.

You forgot Newbill as he'll be one and done.

2012 Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »
Don't forget jmay

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »
You forgot Newbill as he'll be one and done.

And future all Big East performer, Mbao

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 06:51:03 AM »
My fault, I was thinking DJO vs Diener.  With Diener hurt his senior year, doesn't seem like a fair bet....you're not comparing apples to apples in terms of health. 

I'm actually offering you a better shooter (DJO) against Dienier when he wasn't hurt, his junior season  Want the bet?

We taking someone other than DJO, who we both agree is the one proven outside threat.....  Here's your quote:

DJO is one guy that can, I feel like we are short a pure shooter or two.  In my opinion.

So I chose the guy who I think will carry that burden, Buycks. He's a senior, so comparing him to Diener's senior year is apples to apples. Saying Diener was hurt is a cop out. His points, assists and rebounds all went up his senior year, but you're claiming his % went down because he was injured? His % went down because he was the only outside option.

Buycks vs Diener is my offer.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »

I'll take DJO as a sophmore against Diener as a junior. It gives you an extra year of experience but I won't even ask for odds. How 'bout we make for a million? :)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »

Buycks vs Diener is my offer.

Sure, why not.  Let me also add that I hope I lose the bet and I actually pay my bets off, unlike LCDutchman (or the other usernames he uses)...I think 4ever will confirm I don't welsh on my bets.

$50 for the charity of choice.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »
deal. $50....I hope you lose too ;D ,

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »
I don't welsh on my bets.

The Welsh are a good people.  Racist.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
The Welsh are a good people.  Racist.

Lawrence of Arabia would be pissed he said that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
Lawrence of Arabia would be pissed he said that.

Lawrence of Arabia....He was an English guy.  He came to fight the Turkish
-Hollywood Knights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0jm0XmPN000" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0jm0XmPN000</a>

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »
Sure, why not.  Let me also add that I hope I lose the bet and I actually pay my bets off, unlike LCDutchman (or the other usernames he uses)...I think 4ever will confirm I don't welsh on my bets.

$50 for the charity of choice.

Rodger, ......Rodger.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »
I'll take DJO as a sophmore against Diener as a junior. It gives you an extra year of experience but I won't even ask for odds. How 'bout we make for a million? :)

Wow, jumping on that bandwagon a little early aren't we? I like DJO, probably take him over McNeal, but Diener? No. I think Id still trust Diener to take a shot over DJO, and definitely hit a FT, in the final minutes.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »
Dude, he was talking about DJO's 3 pt % as a sophomore vs. Diener's as a junior. DJO's was higher, hence the million dollar wager. It wasn't a debate about the relative merits of the two, nor was there any bandwagon jumping.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »
Wow, jumping on that bandwagon a little early aren't we? I like DJO, probably take him over McNeal, but Diener? No. I think Id still trust Diener to take a shot over DJO, and definitely hit a FT, in the final minutes.
Diener is a much better overall guard than DJO. Better ball handler, better passer, better free throw shooter. DJO is more athletic and bigger. Diener mentally tougher. I much rather have Diener taking a shot with game on the line than DJO. Heck I do not even want DJO taking a free throw with the game on the line.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 02:41:54 PM »
Dude, he was talking about DJO's 3 pt % as a sophomore vs. Diener's as a junior. DJO's was higher, hence the million dollar wager. It wasn't a debate about the relative merits of the two, nor was there any bandwagon jumping.

Gotcha, I thought they were betting on some composite of stats. Im all for jumping on the bandwagon of DJO, just not if that means its already passed Diener's.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »
Diener is a much better overall guard than DJO. Better ball handler, better passer, better free throw shooter. DJO is more athletic and bigger. Diener mentally tougher. I much rather have Diener taking a shot with game on the line than DJO. Heck I do not even want DJO taking a free throw with the game on the line.

DJO came up pretty big at the line in crunch time at UCONN last year.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »

I think what you are trying to say is, Diener is more traditional

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »
watching the UNLV vs Bucky game, Gasser is so much better than Blue, Marquette might as well forfeit the game against wisconsin...

of course, this post should be in teal...

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2010, 08:54:34 PM »
DJO came up pretty big at the line in crunch time at UCONN last year.

He was 8 for 8 today.  Glad to see that.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
Gasser is Joe Chapman at best.

feedback