[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: come on bulls fans, we need to admit it.  (Read 5213 times)

RawdogDX

• All American
come on bulls fans, we need to admit it.
« on: November 15, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
I'm so sorry I let my rabid homerness blind me.  When I said that the heat wouldn't win 72+ this year I was clearly being an idiot.  I just couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of our reccord going down so quickly. 

I feel like such a moron for saying things like 'I don't see why bosh is considered a superstar' or 'with their lack of a 5 there are a few teams that could beat them in the playoffs.'  Did I really say that they probably wouldn't get 6 rings?  I was clearly on meth.

I guess I should have realized that I couldn't see clearly, after all... I bleed red. 

Bulls fans everywhere should just own up to their blind, illogical, homer attitudes and realize how insane we were for picking the Lakers this year. 

And if you were one of the homers so deeply engrossed in your bull worship that you thought the celts or magic might make the finals...  You should take a long hard look at your life. 
I bet you spend so much time watching Noah double-double highlights that you have forgotten what your kids look like.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: come on bulls fans, we need to admit it.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »
Congratulations?  Lol not sure what you want out of this.  You're right though, we're 10 games into the NBA season and there's no way that the Heat are making the NBA Finals.  They simply suck.  LOL!  They're literally a completely new teams who played a total of 3 minutes combined together in the preseason due to injuries.  You DIDN'T think there would be a transitional period for them?  You thought they'd come in and perfectly mesh?  That's funny stuff.  Really nice post there by you big man.

This coming from a guy who didn't think the Heat would break any records.  I did (and still do) think that they will make it to the NBA Finals and could win it depending on how healthy the Lakers are (they may not even make it there).  I also think they win at least 2 championships together in the next 5 years.

But you are right, we're 10 games in and the Heat are OUT!

::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »
Are (will) the Bulls a top 3-4 in the East? They look pretty good now (even being 5-3), without Boozer.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:08:18 PM »
When Miller arrives, the Heat team will be much better.
SS Marquette

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
I wonder if Wade is wishing he picked the Bulls now.  Picture the team the Bulls have now (minus Boozer who hasn't played) with Wade.

I wanted it to happen so much. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:47:47 PM »
I wonder if Wade is wishing he picked the Bulls now.  Picture the team the Bulls have now (minus Boozer who hasn't played) with Wade.

I wanted it to happen so much. 

Again, we're 10 games into an 82 game season.  If the Yankees get Cliff Lee and Carl Crawford (or any other position player they want) and start out 10-10 next season are they going to regret it?  Are they going to miss the playoffs?  Come on now, we're hardly 10% of the way through the season.  Let's wait until at least the midway point to crown the Bulls as a better team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »
Let's wait until at least the midway point to crown the Bulls as a better team.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAN9ORwsiVA?fs=1&amp;amp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nAN9ORwsiVA?fs=1&amp;amp</a>

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 05:53:34 AM »
Bucks to win the division.  Bulls, 2nd.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
Again, we're 10 games into an 82 game season.  If the Yankees get Cliff Lee and Carl Crawford (or any other position player they want) and start out 10-10 next season are they going to regret it?  Are they going to miss the playoffs?  Come on now, we're hardly 10% of the way through the season.  Let's wait until at least the midway point to crown the Bulls as a better team.

You can wait until 50 games in and it doesnt change the fact that the Heat are a team with 3 stars surrounded by total crap.  I want Wade to win which is why I dislike the situation he is in.  Maybe down the line they will if they get some players around the big three but definitely not this year.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »
You can wait until 50 games in and it doesnt change the fact that the Heat are a team with 3 stars surrounded by total crap. 

Really though, what good team isn't? Do you really see that significant a difference between guys like Kyle Korver, Keith Bogans, or Ronnine Brewer, and Mike Miller, James Jones, or Undonis Haslem? The difference of course is that the Heat are clearly stronger at the top than any team in the league.

I also do not quite understand the point of the original post. After 10 games, the Heat, with a completely new team, are sitting there 1 game behind the Bulls as far as record is concerned. Is Mid-November of the first season those three guys have played together really the time to start writing their obituary?

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 08:45:06 AM »
Congratulations?  Lol not sure what you want out of this.  You're right though, we're 10 games into the NBA season and there's no way that the Heat are making the NBA Finals.  They simply suck.  LOL!  They're literally a completely new teams who played a total of 3 minutes combined together in the preseason due to injuries.  You DIDN'T think there would be a transitional period for them?  You thought they'd come in and perfectly mesh?  That's funny stuff.  Really nice post there by you big man.

This coming from a guy who didn't think the Heat would break any records.  I did (and still do) think that they will make it to the NBA Finals and could win it depending on how healthy the Lakers are (they may not even make it there).  I also think they win at least 2 championships together in the next 5 years.

But you are right, we're 10 games in and the Heat are OUT!

::)

When did I say the heat wouldn't break reccords?  I said they would win 3-5 titles over the next 7 years but not one this year and was accused of being a homer for it. Were you one of those people big man? If not why are you responding tough guy?

As usual you can't remember anything correctly and just assume that you are the target of posts. People here often vilify and missrepresent anyone that isn't from Wisconsin. Why they decided (when we were 0 games into the season) that people picking the lakers were all bulls fans suffering from some overwhelming anger over being dissed I will never know. Bulls fans were also accused of being unreasonable for saying that they wouldn't win 72.  Bucks fans on this board took it like a personal insult.  I don't remember if you were involved in that but if you weren't than why are you being offended alpha male?

Remember when you said noah wouldn't be a top ten center colossal dude?  And that there were what 12 pg's better than d rose? Those are real things you said El enorme.   Good luck on your future scouting endeavors jumbo bloke.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:48:23 AM by RawdogDX »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »
When did I say the heat wouldn't break reccords?  I said they would win 3-5 titles over the next 7 years but not one this year and was accused of being a homer for it. Were you one of those people big man? If not why are you responding tough guy?

As usual you can't remember anything correctly and just assume that you are the target of posts. People here often vilify and missrepresent anyone that isn't from Wisconsin. Why they decided (when we were 0 games into the season) that people picking the lakers were all bulls fans suffering from some overwhelming anger over being dissed I will never know. Bulls fans were also accused of being unreasonable for saying that they wouldn't win 72.  Bucks fans on this board took it like a personal insult.  I don't remember if you were involved in that but if you weren't than why are you being offended alpha male?

Remember when you said noah wouldn't be a top ten center colossal dude?  And that there were what 12 pg's better than d rose? Those are real things you said El enorme.   Good luck on your future scouting endeavors jumbo bloke.

HAHA!  Somebody needs to relax.  When I said "This coming from a guy who said..." I was referring to myself, as in I was arguing that it MIGHT be a little early to put the Heat to sleep for this season, and this was coming from a person who did not think they were guaranteed a championship this year.  Which is why I followed that sentence up with "I thought (and still do)..."

I'm not assuming that the first post was aimed at me at all.  I'm assuming that you were looking at the Heat sitting at 6-4 12% of the way into the season and saying that they were overhyped and have no chance at winning the NBA Championship this year.  Why I responded is because it's a bit too early, in my clearly uninformed opinion (so maybe I'm wrong, maybe 10 games in the average fan knows who's a pretender and who's a legit contender...), to be flaunting the fact that you predicted the Heat would not win an NBA Championship this year.  To the best of my knowledge (again, clearly this isn't much knowledge so I could be wrong about this), the NBA Playoffs don't end until mid-June.  Maybe I'm confused and it's mid-November, though.

And yes, I do remember saying those things.  Noah's playing great right now, but we're (again) 12% of the way into the season.  Once Boozer is healthy and playing his production is going to drop off (although I could be wrong about this, I know nothing about basketball).  He'll go from 16 and 13 to 13 and 10 (still good, but let's not crown him the second coming of Kareem yet).  And I don't remember what number of point guards I said I would take over Rose at the time, but at the time yes, I would have taken whatever number I said.  This year is he a top 10 point guard?  Sure.  I'm not sure what the point of this last paragraph of questions of yours was, but if it is to prove that because I said those things then that means the Heat, 10 games into the NBA season, are a huge failure and won't win the Championship then well done.  You win.  They're done.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
I'm so sorry I let my rabid homerness blind me.  When I said that the heat wouldn't win 72+ this year I was clearly being an idiot.  I just couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of our reccord going down so quickly.  

I feel like such a moron for saying things like 'I don't see why bosh is considered a superstar' or 'with their lack of a 5 there are a few teams that could beat them in the playoffs.'  Did I really say that they probably wouldn't get 6 rings?  I was clearly on meth.

I guess I should have realized that I couldn't see clearly, after all... I bleed red.  

Bulls fans everywhere should just own up to their blind, illogical, homer attitudes and realize how insane we were for picking the Lakers this year.  

And if you were one of the homers so deeply engrossed in your bull worship that you thought the celts or magic might make the finals...  You should take a long hard look at your life.  
I bet you spend so much time watching Noah double-double highlights that you have forgotten what your kids look like.

I hope you didn't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back.   ;)
And technically the Heat haven't lost 11 games yet.  Give them some time for A) Wade & Lebron to figure out who is Batman and who is Robin. B) Riley to trade Bosh and Anthony for a Big. And I don't think many people thought the Heat were built for success in year 1.  I also think they we will be better once Miller returns.  (Note: I don't think they will win 72 this year. )
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:22:17 AM by MU B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »
HAHA!  Somebody needs to relax. 
have no chance at winning the NBA Championship this year. 
 He'll go from 16 and 13 to 13 and 10 (still good, but let's not crown him the second coming of Kareem yet). 
 They're done.

Please stop telling me to relax.  When posting I'm either relaxed or VERY relaxed.

I'm a poker player.  I would not even think that the heat are drawing dead to a championship right now.  The point of the post was that WI people were saying that anyone who thought the Heat, might not win it all and might not win 72 was a crazy person.  This is not something you think, or something anyone thinks today.  But they did 12% of the season ago.  Once again the only reason you are arguing with me is because you don't take the time to understand what I'm talking about.  You also spend a lot of time trying to convince me you don't agree with me when you do.

I don't think calling a guy top 10 at a position to build a team around when he's 22 is crowning him as anything.  And 13-10 is easily a top 10 center especially when he can run the court (top 3 at that) and defend.

once again never said anyone was drawing to a flush against a boat.  You just over react as usual.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »
wait wait wait - this post was meant to show that you are NOT a homer with blurred judgment?   ?-(

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »
Really though, what good team isn't? Do you really see that significant a difference between guys like Kyle Korver, Keith Bogans, or Ronnine Brewer, and Mike Miller, James Jones, or Undonis Haslem? The difference of course is that the Heat are clearly stronger at the top than any team in the league.

Heat's top three definitely better than Bulls top three.
After that, it's not close.

The Heat have nobody outside their top three that can drop 40 on a team as Luol Deng (a career 16 ppg player) did on Portland. They have no complimentary post player who can rebound and defend like Taj Gibson. They have no big man whatsoever and no point guard. Korver and Miller are very similar players, though Korver is better.

Are the Bulls better than Miami? Probably a little. The gap between their top three and the Bulls' top three probably is too wide to say otherwise. But they are much deeper and the abilities of their complimentary/role players really isn't comparable.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »
I was accused of being a Bulls homer too back in the summer.  The Heat are worse than I expected right now, but that is because Bosh is worse than I expected him to be.  The Heat are paying tall small forward more money than Wade and getting little for it.  The Heat will go into games with only Udonis Haslem to stop Pau, KG, Dwight Howard, Boozer, Noah, Al Horford, Bogut, etc.  Not good.  I can't see them winning 3 series to get the finals with the front lines that the top teams in the East have.  They will get worn down.  

The Celtics had an all-around team when they got their big three.  The Heat, on the other hand, got a big three crowned by the media when in reality they have a big 2.  Its not the same thing.  

Bosh is 26.  Is he really going to some how become a defensive player after 7 years in the league?  You are either tough or you are not.  That is what they need, and I really do not see it this year.  It would be like us wishing Scott Merritt was an NBA player because he has the tools.  I am so happy the Bulls didn't waste money long term on Bosh.  

Noah, Gibson, and Deng on the other hand are better than I thought for the Bulls.  I like the way the Bulls are headed.  Hopefully they can get a nice 2 guard in the coming years with the Bobcats draft pick they got in the Tyrus Thomas trade.  They may go 2-5 on this road trip, but I see them having a strong second half again if they stay healthy.  The nice thing about Noah's production is that it is all hustle points so there is no real reason that it will drop off when Boozer gets back.  He won't lose touches because he gets few anyway.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 03:28:55 PM »
Another thing Bucks fans were screaming homer about.  Anytime a bulls fan said Bulls + Lebron > Heat + Lebron.  The bulls are decent without boozer.  Add him and they are good, add lebron to that and they are twice the team today's heat is.  People don't realize how well the bulls have been drafting the last few years.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »
Another thing Bucks fans were screaming homer about.  Anytime a bulls fan said Bulls + Lebron > Heat + Lebron.  The bulls are decent without boozer.  Add him and they are good, add lebron to that and they are twice the team today's heat is.  People don't realize how well the bulls have been drafting the last few years.

Bulls+LeBron >>>> Heat+LeBron
I suspect anyone thinking otherwise is more of a Wade homer than Bucks homer.
Bulls have two huge pieces the Heat lack - an interior defender (several, in fact) and a point guard.
What they don't have is South Beach, and that won out for the self-proclaimed king.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
The Bulls would be very dangerous with a top 5 wing player like James, Wade, or Anthony, especially considering the Bulls are adding their second scorer back to the mix in a few weeks. 

Noah so far has been so much better than expected.  He may be the East's second best center and on his way to the all-star game.

The Bulls may have the best offer on the table for Anthony with the way Gibson is playing considering the Bulls have that pick from the Bobcats to throw in with another pick or two that NYK cannot.  The Bulls may end up the best after it is all said and done with all of these top players changing teams.  Deng's contract may prevent the Anthony trade ultimately, but they are moving in the right direction.  Developing Deng and Gibson and drafting wing scorers might be good enough to allow the Bulls to contend.