[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: McNabb gets new deal  (Read 5901 times)

Josey Wales

• Starter
McNabb gets new deal
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:01:51 PM »
5 Years 78 Mil... 40 Mil guaranteed?!?! Are they nuts? The dude is already 34, and clearly showing his age already, and has never really been that good to begin with. And, two weeks after they benched him for Grossman. I just don't understand the Redskins franchise.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

willie warrior

• All American
Re: McNabb gets new deal
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »
Yeah especially since Shanahan benched in the last two minutes because he did not know the offense...er... he was not in cardio vascular shape..er;;;whatever
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
Yeah especially since Shanahan benched in the last two minutes because he did not know the offense...er... he was not in cardio vascular shape..er;;;whatever

Shanahan was called a racist for doing that, too.   Apparently that's the soup du jour these days.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:10:15 PM »
Between this and Haynesworth, Snyder doesnt know what he is doing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:24:26 PM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
sigh
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:25:11 PM by rocky_warrior »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »
McNabb's agent must have a sex tape of Daniel Snyder of getting gang banged by farm animals.

Only logical explanation.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:07:01 PM »
Would have thought they'd be interested in moving to a more "traditional" QB.  ;)

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
McNabb's agent must have a sex tape of Daniel Snyder of getting gang banged by farm animals.

Only logical explanation.
I heard he has pictures of Snyder's privates that were sent to Jen Sterger.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »
Would have thought they'd be interested in moving to a more "traditional" QB.  ;)

If you would see who the Redskins have hired, you would know that is silly!  Plus they play in a totally urban area! 

Obviously Philly has seen what a great success Favre has been in Minnesota this year.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »

Channeling Rush Limbaugh?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
Shanahan was called a racist for doing that, too.   Apparently that's the soup du jour these days.

I defend a great deal of what you say on these boards, but you are like a little kid who keeps picking the scab off a cut and then whines because it's bleeding.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »

I defend a great deal of what you say on these boards, but you are like a little kid who keeps picking the scab off a cut and then whines because it's bleeding.

Fair enough.  Let's just say I was more than a little perturbed that certain posts were deleted in some threads but some outrageous ones by people calling others racist were not. 

Sigh 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
the most suspicious thing about the deal is how fast it came up.  no rumors of interest from other teams to drive up the price, no leaks about $$ or years.  the latest rumor about the deal was that there might not be one and McNabb might get let go. then the benching ugliness and BAM! $40 mil in guarantees.  how does that happen?

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »
The $40 mill isnt necessarily all guaranteed. There is about 17 mil guaranteed in the first year, and the rest kicks later if he is still on the roster at certain points. The 17 mil in the first year is about what the franchise tag would cost next offseason, so that was used as the benchmark.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:13 PM »
Fair enough.  Let's just say I was more than a little perturbed that certain posts were deleted in some threads but some outrageous ones by people calling others racist were not. 

Sigh 

Chicos and the few others involved with perpetuating this nonsense: fine - be perturbed.  Take it to PM if you're so inclined.  Better yet, get each other's e-mail, IM, or heck, phone number and grouse about it that way.  The point is, the rest of us are tired of reading it - so knock it off (ALL of you).  This site is for friendly discussion and banter and I'm tired of seeing crap like this going on.  So are the rest of the mods.  That's what the sigh was for - a not-so-subtle but nice way of saying "cool it".

Me - I'm not so nice.  I hate having to tell adults to act like adults.  Hate it.  If you can't do that on your own you're flat out not welcome here.  We all (as in 99% of the users of this site) have better things to do with our time here and we spend too much of our resources making this site what it is to let this garbage go on.  I'm feeling delete/ban happy so consider yourselves warned - this may be your last.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 08:48:25 PM »
Early part of the 2nd quarter McNabb is 5/9 for 156 a TD and an INT. Not terrible numbers but the team is down 35-7 his replacement has got for 237 and 3 with a Rushing touchdown.

not indicative of a whole season/career but def not a good way to thank management for the deal

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 09:15:10 PM »
Maybe mgmt should put energy into developing offensive talent like PHI: McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, Celek, etc instead of overspending for vets past their prime. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

nyg

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 09:16:17 PM »
Michael Vick is going to be a very rich man somewhere next year.   

chren21

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »
Michael Vick is going to be a very rich man somewhere next year.   

I have to say I am the very proud fantasy owner of Vick.  Headed into tonights game down 45 points against the division leader.  Needless to say I have won because of Vick racking up 48 points in the first half. (CBS sports scoring system.)  Yes, he is going to be very rich.  Might just end up with an MVP award if he keeps this up.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 09:24:41 PM »
Think he stays in Philly?  Might be some loyalty since they gave him a chance right out of prison. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

chren21

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »
Think he stays in Philly?  Might be some loyalty since they gave him a chance right out of prison. 

No chance they let him go.  All they have to do is throw the franchise tag on him.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »
So yeah, that $88 million dollar contract.. guaranteed money in the deal = $3.75 million.  :P

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 08:11:54 AM »
Between this and Haynesworth, Snyder doesnt know what he is doing.

Haynesworth being a bum: http://i55.tinypic.com/2nhf4no.gif
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

reinko

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »