[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Enes Kantor - Permanently Banned by NCAA  (Read 4696 times)

GGGG

• All American
Enes Kantor - Permanently Banned by NCAA
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:52:23 AM »
LOL.

The UK boards are in full victimization mode...although there is a decent chance the punishment is reduced upon appeal.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Enes Kantor - Permanently Banned by NCAA
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »
4308 Kentucky fans are on their board at 8:57 AM and none seem too pleased!

http://kentucky.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=888&fid=1383&style=2

Play him one game, forfeit it later, and then we can forever say Kanter played for Kentucky at one point. It would be something that people would talk about forever and Kanter would forever be a Cat, despite the NCAA's illogical decision.

I like this idea as Calipari would forfeit a game at yet another school.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:59:33 AM by TallTitan34 »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 09:17:51 AM »
Another example of the slime oozing from Calimari and Kentucky
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:59 AM »
I, for one, would not be proud - or even pleased - another NCAA banner for MU next to 1977 if I knew that the title was tainted.  I wouldn't even bring it up in a smack-talk discussion with a punk from Louisville.

I spoke with an acquaintance who is a 1980's grad of UK, a smart businessman who has done really well for himself, and I asked him if winning a title this year would be worth it knowing that it would be vacated the following year.  His response: "Absolutely." [while giving me a look as if to say, are you eff-ing kidding me?]

So UK fans - even the minority of their fans who actually attended the university at one point - appear to be OK with another NCAA title at any cost; whether or not they have a trophy to show for it in a few years is irrelevant.

I'd love another shot at knocking out those cats this year.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:10:45 PM »
LOL.

The UK boards are in full victimization mode...although there is a decent chance the punishment is reduced upon appeal.

I believe there is another appeals process, so I wouldn't say permanently yet until that appeal has been heard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
I believe there is another appeals process, so I wouldn't say permanently yet until that appeal has been heard.

Did you simply ignore that I said the same thing in the post you quoted?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »
I, for one, would not be proud - or even pleased - another NCAA banner for MU next to 1977 if I knew that the title was tainted.  I wouldn't even bring it up in a smack-talk discussion with a punk from Louisville.

I spoke with an acquaintance who is a 1980's grad of UK, a smart businessman who has done really well for himself, and I asked him if winning a title this year would be worth it knowing that it would be vacated the following year.  His response: "Absolutely." [while giving me a look as if to say, are you eff-ing kidding me?]

So UK fans - even the minority of their fans who actually attended the university at one point - appear to be OK with another NCAA title at any cost; whether or not they have a trophy to show for it in a few years is irrelevant.

I'd love another shot at knocking out those cats this year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....it's Kentucky, they have a long and proud tradition of NCAA violations.  Not only don't they have a problem with it, they encourage that sort of behavior.  They want their coach living in the rules gray area, they like feeling that the NCAA is always against them.  That's why many of them didn't like Tubby.  He wasn't willing to play the game the way that UK fans believe they should. 

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

Can't we all just get along?  -  R. King
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »

Sultan...I'm sorry.  100% my fault.  I read up to victimization mode and stopped.

I was locked more on the "permanent" part in the headline.

Again, mea culpa.