Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hood to announce Wednesday  (Read 19975 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Hood to announce Wednesday
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »
@AdamZagoria Rodney Hood will announce on Wednesday at 12 local time in Mississippi, per his high school coach

Marquette65

• Starter
Re: Hood to announce Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »
Another" miss"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
Another" miss"

My gut says Mississippi State, but I feel better about him than Harrison. Still think MU is in the mix here.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 04:03:45 PM »
I like Mississippi State here too...and wouldnt really have a problem with it. Now, if Loserville comes in and swoops in and grabs him last minute (ala Harrison/St. Johns) I will be frustrated.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
I still think Hood will be a great fit on the Marquette team.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »
I feel better about getting Hood than I do either Faust or Shaw.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 04:25:14 PM »
i am almost certain Hood will choose MU.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 04:26:39 PM »
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3508601

Article advised Shaw will announce in next three weeks.  Notre Domers in picture now????  WTF?? Thought he had ACT issues.  

So, Hood and Faust this week and Shaw in next couple when the actual signings begin........

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 04:29:35 PM »
Agree that Hood would fit in will here, and that MU would be an excellent choice for both parties. Wish him well whatever he chooses, just hope its us!!

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »
i am almost certain Hood will choose MU.

huh? Any reason for this optimism, or just a hunch?

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3508601

Article advised Shaw will announce in next three weeks.  Notre Domers in picture now????  WTF?? Thought he had ACT issues.  

So, Hood and Faust this week and Shaw in next couple when the actual signings begin........

I assume you are basing ND's involvement off of them being listed in his list at the bottom of the page. ND was more involved about a year ago, but it seemed they were eliminated a while ago. I would assume they are still out of it.

I don't have a scout subscription, so I can't read the article.....but, the top, most recent article on the page says that Shaw will sign early and has a list of four schools. I assume the four involved will be the 4 we have been hearing about recently, not ND.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:43:45 PM by MarkCharles »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 04:36:18 PM »
huh? Any reason for this optimism, or just a hunch?

I have a reason for my optimism, and I will let you know what that is after he announces his decision regardless of his choice.  And it isn't any "inside information" that I have received from anywhere else.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:38:42 PM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »
I have a reason for my optimism, and I will let you know what that is after he announces his decision regardless of his choice.  And it isn't any "inside information" that I have received from anywhere else.

Ok. Whatever that means. Hope you are right

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/25/rodney-hood-to-announce-this-week/#more-41458

Zagsblog article. Rodney is doing some "soul-searching" over his decision. I have to like our chances, considering how long Buzz has been in on this recruit and how thoughtfully Rodney seems to be taking this process.

If all recruits handled themselves the way Rodney is, the world of college would be a much better, less stressful place.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
This guy would be an awesome addition to the Warriors!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
I still feel we have a decent shot at Hood. Seems like it's down to Mississippi State, FSU, and us, and I don't think either of the others offers more than we do outside of if he wants to stay close to home, which I could understand.

But what I'm wondering now is this...if Hood does commit to Marquette and Faust follows suit on Thursday, are we disappointed that we are effectively out of the running for Shaw and any other big men this year? I don't expect us to land both of them, but we have been consistently mentioned with both players, and considering their rankings I doubt either guy is scared off by the Anderson signing. Faust at the 2, Hood at the 3, but no one to take time at the 4 or 5.

Would you rather have only one of the two and a shot at Shaw or one of the 2-3 star projects we're still in on (or a Juco) or would it be better to have both Hood and Faust and worry about the lack of size later?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 05:50:06 PM »
I still feel we have a decent shot at Hood. Seems like it's down to Mississippi State, FSU, and us, and I don't think either of the others offers more than we do outside of if he wants to stay close to home, which I could understand.

But what I'm wondering now is this...if Hood does commit to Marquette and Faust follows suit on Thursday, are we disappointed that we are effectively out of the running for Shaw and any other big men this year? I don't expect us to land both of them, but we have been consistently mentioned with both players, and considering their rankings I doubt either guy is scared off by the Anderson signing. Faust at the 2, Hood at the 3, but no one to take time at the 4 or 5.

Would you rather have only one of the two and a shot at Shaw or one of the 2-3 star projects we're still in on (or a Juco) or would it be better to have both Hood and Faust and worry about the lack of size later?

Getting Hood or Shaw.  One of them along with Wilson and Anderson is very, very nice. 

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
or would it be better to have both Hood and Faust and worry about the lack of size later?

Landing Faust, Hood, and Anderson would be a monster class, you figure it out later.  Those guys with Vander and Jamil give you multiple guys with elite talent, and we look like WVU from last year...they did ok.

That being said, I don't think we have any chance of landing both of those guys.  I have some hope with Hood, but am not too confident in Faust.  I actually feel like we have the best chance with Shaw.  I feel that Shaw deciding in the early period is good news for us.
Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
Anderson, Faust and Hood are all 2/3 so I do see us needing all three.However, I would not complain if that happen. I be happy with Anderson, Shaw and Thomas.

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »
we all need 2 think positive in this, MU will b just fine. Have faith in something!!!

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
MU makes tons of sense for these guys from a purely basketball perspective.  Not that the other schools are not, but I am sure they all know that they can come to MU and do something very special. 

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
http://twitter.com/EvanDanielscout/status/28652645855

Evan Daniels does not think we are even in Hood's top 3.

mikem91288

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 11:31:29 PM »
Road to the NBA goes through Buzz for Rodney, not Mississippi State or Pitino for that matter.
Warrior in the class of 2011.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 12:04:18 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/25/rodney-hood-to-announce-this-week/#more-41458

Zagsblog article. Rodney is doing some "soul-searching" over his decision. I have to like our chances, considering how long Buzz has been in on this recruit and how thoughtfully Rodney seems to be taking this process.

If all recruits handled themselves the way Rodney is, the world of college would be a much better, less stressful place.

Interesting to set a time to announce without actually knowing the answer if that article is true.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 12:14:02 AM »
Interesting to set a time to announce without actually knowing the answer if that article is true.

Because it is rarely the case. These announcements-as-events wouldn't really work if they didn't create the appearance of drama

feedback