[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander and Mbakwe Considered for Player of the Year (unofficially by Katz)  (Read 4697 times)

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
I was happily surprised to see Vander's name amongst players who might be worthy of recognition in the mid-late season lists for POY.

http://es.pn/dy0C4z

Mbakwe, however completely surprised me. And if he is on this list, how could DJO and Jimmy not be. They're both better than he is.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:51:41 PM by tommyc6 »

NCMUFan

• All American
Is Trevor now a senior?  What a college career!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
So Katz adds in mid-season transfers (Gordon and Echenique) to his Wooden POY list and we are supposed to take him seriously?  That is as bad as Gody earning 1st team BE while missing a third of the BE season as ND then went on a run without him. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
We are putting way too much on this kid with some of these accolades.  Let him play, find himself, etc.  POY of the year for a Freshman that hasn't played one second of high major ball?  Maybe, but we should all take two steps back and let the young man get adjusted.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
We are putting way too much on this kid with some of these accolades.  Let him play, find himself, etc.  POY of the year for a Freshman that hasn't played one second of high major ball?  Maybe, but we should all take two steps back and let the young man get adjusted.

I'm pretty sure that we don't have any control over what Andy Katz decides to write.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

4everwarriors

• All American
I was happily surprised to see Vander's name amongst players who might be worthy of recognition in the mid-late season lists for POY.

http://es.pn/dy0C4z

Mbakwe, however completely surprised me. And if he is on this list, how could DJO and Jimmy not be. They're both better than he is.

Where can I get in on some of this action?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muball

• Starter
Katz list shows that he has not done his homework as usual. I see litttle expertise or knowledge in his articles.  Maybe he wants to build Vander up so the Bucky hommies can take shots at MU. Vander will be good but give him time.

Nukem2

• All American
Is Trevor now a senior?  What a college career!
Trevor is a redshirt junior now having sat out last year after playing at MU and Miami-Dade for one season each.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
If Vander emerges as a legitimate POY candidate this year, then Marquette is a national championship contender. He'd have to nab a starting role, and put up at least 13 ppg, 7 apg, and do some filling of the rest of the box score.

I don't see any way that happens. Maybe in the next few years, but not as a freshman.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

nyg

• All American
This article is ridiculous.  He lists 90 players, which basically is 18 starting fives.  Should have condensed the names to make it more credible.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Vander and Mbakwe Considered for Player of the Year (unofficially by Katz)
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 11:19:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure that we don't have any control over what Andy Katz decides to write.

Understood, but Katz's opinions are shared by a number of people on this board.  Let's allow the kid to get up to speed without putting the weight of the world on him.