Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ky Madden to Arkansas  (Read 16048 times)

bma725

• All American
Re: Ky Madden to Arkansas
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
If we really want to examine the pre/post McGuire center bump, we'd have to look at RSCI rankings. Also, we have to take into account that once the money was there for the Al, that it could be used as a selling point. As early as March of 2002, we knew the facility would be built, so Crean could sell it to incoming recruits at that point.

So, I guess Crean recruited 00,01 and probably most of the 02 kids without the Al.

That's 3 seasons. He recruited 03,04,05,06,07 and 08 with the incoming guys knowing the Al was going to be built, or already built.

I don't know where this puts us exactly, I'm just trying to lay out the facts as we know them.

It gives the post-Al group a decided advantage.

Prior to the Al
Scott Merritt
Travis Diener
Steve Novak
Robert Jackson

Post Al Announcement
Dameon Mason
Dominic James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Trevor Mbakwe
Tyshawn Taylor
Nick Williams

If you want to include players that weren't consensus Top 100 but made at least one list...

Pre-Al Announcement
Odartey Blankson
Dwyane Wade
Scott Merritt
Travis Diener
Ron Howard
Steve Novak
Karon Bradley

Post Al Announcement
Dameon Mason
Brandon Bell
Dominic James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Lazar Hayward
Trevor Mbakwe
Tyshawn Taylor
Nick Williams

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2010, 12:50:25 PM »

Prior to the Al
Scott Merritt
Travis Diener
Steve Novak
Robert Jackson

Post Al Announcement
Dameon Mason
Dominic James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Trevor Mbakwe
Tyshawn Taylor
Nick Williams

If you want to include players that weren't consensus Top 100 but made at least one list...

Pre-Al Announcement
Odartey Blankson
Dwyane Wade
Scott Merritt
Travis Diener
Ron Howard
Steve Novak
Karon Bradley

Post Al Announcement
Dameon Mason
Brandon Bell
Dominic James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Lazar Hayward
Trevor Mbakwe
Tyshawn Taylor
Nick Williams

Gives the post Al group a decided advantage in the RCSI maybe, but in a game of basketball the pre Al team would cruise.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »
It does not equal 1, it is undefined.

I guess if you want to look at it that way, by the letter of mathematical law, infinity is inherently undefined. But no matter how many times you multiply 1x1, it will always be 1.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2010, 01:48:11 PM »
Gives the post Al group a decided advantage in the RCSI maybe, but in a game of basketball the pre Al team would cruise.

You might be right, but we are talking strictly about recruiting (ranking), not performance.

Common thought is that top notch facilities make it easier to bring in talented players.

BMA's research confirms that.

However, with this said, we have to realize that there are hundreds of factors to a kid's recruitment, and the practice facility is just one of them.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »
I didn't bring him up and the ignore button is your friend, try using it.  Or simply skip my posts (and all the others of those that bring him up).

Yes, I realize he isn't the coach, which begs the question why so many people (not me) keep bringing him up, but I don't see you flying off the handle toward those folks....hmmm....

First off, your first post in this thread obviously eludes to the Crean Vs Buzz debate and your general feelings on judging Buzz so far Then it was immediately quoted by a few other posters hoping it doesnt turn into a Crean v Buzz debate.

After that, one person then used your quote (which technically does not "bring up" Crean) to bring up Crean's lack of success at Indiana -  and you bit...HARD!  The next thing that happens is another stupid round of debates about the same pointless subject.

The point is, you can try and tell yourself you are not the reason these debates keep getting started or why they continue, but you sure as hell are attracted to them and are key in maintaining their survival.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »
Let us make this discussion more mindless by adding a Warrior .// Eagle discussion
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2010, 03:01:06 PM »
Let us make this discussion more mindless by adding a Warrior .// Eagle discussion

Why can't we recruit a big man?!
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »
Why can't we recruit a big man?!

Why doesn't this team practice free throws?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »

Is the Al McGuire Center court the reason for all the foot and leg injuries?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »

Why don't we foul up three late and when will Buzz learn how to use his timeouts?

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »
Touche' to the last four posts
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 05:38:57 PM »
First off, your first post in this thread obviously eludes to the Crean Vs Buzz debate and your general feelings on judging Buzz so far Then it was immediately quoted by a few other posters hoping it doesnt turn into a Crean v Buzz debate.

After that, one person then used your quote (which technically does not "bring up" Crean) to bring up Crean's lack of success at Indiana -  and you bit...HARD!  The next thing that happens is another stupid round of debates about the same pointless subject.

The point is, you can try and tell yourself you are not the reason these debates keep getting started or why they continue, but you sure as hell are attracted to them and are key in maintaining their survival.

Please try again.

Wrong, my first post is about judging coaches too quickly and has nothing to do with Crean at all.

Secondly, no, it was not "one person" that brought him up.  Merrits Mustache brought him up 2 posts later.  Still A Warrior commented on that thread the very next post.  Taste of Garlic brought him up 4 posts later.  MU Burrow one post after that.

That's four people before I ever went down the path, and that's exactly my point.

The fact of the matter is I never brought him up at all before FOUR people did.  That is fact.  Please, go read again and count. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:40:41 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »
Please try again.

Wrong, my first post is about judging coaches too quickly and has nothing to do with Crean at all.

Secondly, no, it was not "one person" that brought him up.  Merrits Mustache brought him up 2 posts later.  Still A Warrior commented on that thread the very next post.  Taste of Garlic brought him up 4 posts later.  MU Burrow one post after that.

That's four people before I ever went down the path, and that's exactly my point.

The fact of the matter is I never brought him up at all before FOUR people did.  That is fact.  Please, go read again and count.  

You should check MY post first then, because I admit you never "technically" brought his name up. Instead, you eluded to him first. You can try to deny that but no one else on this board would have so many people responding as though you did - THAT is how much you argue over this.

I thought I made it clear (though not as expressly as you did) that you never mentioned his name....but whose post was it that was referenced to bring up Crean first (your actual intention/fault or not)?

I am making the point that although you try to deny that it is not you that starts these stupid arguments (and I understand your point on this one specific thread) you do seem to ALWAYS find yourself involved in them highly.

Maybe it is people unfairly labeling you or assuming you are referring to Crean whenever you post something somewhat critical of the current administration, but please note that you have been involved in nearly every one, and most from their genesis. After 8000 posts, I think you've built a little reputation on here that (fairly or unfairly)  has carried people's perceptions of your intent into your new posts.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:29:49 AM by Aughnanure »

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »
We need a thread on the merits of Listerine vs Scope

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »

Prior to the Al
Scott Merritt
Travis Diener
Steve Novak
Robert Jackson

Post Al Announcement
Dameon Mason
Dominic James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Trevor Mbakwe
Tyshawn Taylor
Nick Williams

Pre-Al Announcement
Odartey Blankson
Dwyane Wade
Scott Merritt
Travis Diener
Ron Howard
Steve Novak
Karon Bradley

Post Al Announcement
Dameon Mason
Brandon Bell
Dominic James
Wes Matthews
Jerel McNeal
Lazar Hayward
Trevor Mbakwe
Tyshawn Taylor
Nick Williams

Does the fact that Trevor Mbakwe was recruited post Al announcement make the Al a bad thing?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »
We need a thread on the merits of Listerine vs Scope

Perhaps that thread would not be of as great of interest to those of us whom do not refer to garlic in our user names.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »
You should check MY post first then, because I admit you never "technically" brought his name up. Instead, you eluded to him first. You can try to deny that but no one else on this board would have so many people responding as though you did

This is my continued frustration.  People read things that are absolutely NOT THERE.  Then we get into folks playing psychiatrist and stating what I (or others) actually meant, which you would think the actual poster knows exactly what they mean and what they wrote.  Then we get into things like "technically" or depends what is is.

No thanks, not playing that game.  I didn't mention him at all and in no way, shape or form eluded to him (directly or indirectly) but you went down that path.  There's nothing I can do about that, you're going to see what you see...if I say night, you'll say day, if I say black, you'll say white.  So why bother.  I mean really, why bother.

feedback