[Today at 01:21:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:13:37 PM]

Hurley staying! by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 01:00:21 PM]

And The New...... by 94Warrior
[Today at 12:16:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Finally someone mentions Crowder  (Read 16342 times)

RJax55

• All American
Re: Finally someone mentions Crowder
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »
Hoyas, I agree that you guys bring back a great mix of both talent and experience. IMO, GT should finish no lower than 3rd in the Big East.

My question with the Hoyas is... Will they show every game and play hard? Last year, it seemed like the Hoyas sleepwalked through a bunch of games, including their horrible performance against Ohio in the dance.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 11:24:01 AM »
Question --

Would everyone agree that most of the controversy would be silent if in 1994 or even 2004 Marquette had just gone back to the Hilltoppers? I think the Warrior people like myself would still prefer the Warriors, but I would still settle for a nickname that had some reference to Marquette's past, as opposed to an utterly generic nickname that Marquette shares with several other schools, including a fellow top ranked Catholic university.

Yes, when it got down to the final two, I voted for Hilltoppers.  At least it was unique.

Although, I would have preferred Golden Avalanche to either of them.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 11:32:56 AM »

Yes, when it got down to the final two, I voted for Hilltoppers.  At least it was unique.

Except for Western Kentucky.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
Hoyas, I agree that you guys bring back a great mix of both talent and experience. IMO, GT should finish no lower than 3rd in the Big East.

My question with the Hoyas is... Will they show every game and play hard? Last year, it seemed like the Hoyas sleepwalked through a bunch of games, including their horrible performance against Ohio in the dance.

Definitely agree. When we were on we were blowing out duke and Nova. When we fell asleep at the wheel we lost to rutgers, USF, and Ohio.  >:(

Consistent effort, defense, and rebounding. We get those and we'll have an amazing year. Get enough if it most of the time and that should be good for a top 4 finish.

Marquette has a very good program so I don't expect you guys to drop much if at all. I'd pencil you in 5-7 somewhere in there for next year. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »
Except for Western Kentucky.

Coolest mascot ever.

Sorry, TT.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »
On topic: This has us a little too low.  Buzz will find a way to make it a motivational tool.  Good for Crowder to get the national mention though.  I don't envy Buzz his PT decisions.

Off topic: I was OK losing Warriors, just not Golden Eagles.  I'm in full agreement with lurch. Thought something with "Sauerkraut" should have been in the mix.  If we were going to go colored fowl, I would have offered up the Blue Canaries!

(posted from my front porch smoking a Dominican & drinking a Leinie)

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2010, 07:15:44 AM »
I don't get a "hard-on when I hear the Warriors name" but I am able to distinguish between a nickname that made us proud and our foes envious and one that makes us feel silly and engenders laughter and derision from our opponents.

I take it you're not.

+1 and gets the ball back on the steal
would like to see the difference between the merchandise sold with and without the golden chicken on it.  i get stuff with only MARQUETTE on it-no need to soil it before i get it home

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »
NT

feedback