Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Old Name  (Read 11804 times)

GOMU1104

• All American
Old Name
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:01:37 PM »
Former MU target Luke Cothron failed to qualify at Auburn.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
Re: Old Name
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »
Find the kid a JC and sign him up to be the next warrior!

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:38 PM »
why would we want someone who can't quality

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »

Umm, how do you think we end up with such good Jucos...or why they are even relevant in college basketball then? Or what about prep schools? Not every kid ends up getting a decent chance at an education, that doesn't make them bad or better...Jucos and prep schools are relevant to college football and basketball recruiting for a reason. Bill Snyder knew that.

And please, for God's sake, change your screen name to something else. You are bad karma....how many have you messed up on so far? Maymon, Mbao...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:20:28 PM by KCMarq09 »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »
If you havent noticed, thats our M.O.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
If you havent noticed, thats our M.O.

And what's your M.O.?  To contantly compare the Marquette program to your beloved Syracuse - and in so doing, taking subtle passive aggressive jabs at the MU program?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »
And what's your M.O.?  To contantly compare the Marquette program to your beloved Syracuse - and in so doing, taking subtle passive aggressive jabs at the MU program?

Ha! Amusing. You are so insecure. As I have mentioned, I grew up in NYC. Thus, the conference that I watched growing up was the BE. Moten, Wallace, Mourning, Iverson, Allen were all players I grew up emulating on the rec basketball courts. It's not my fault your knowledge of the BE only starts with MU.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
What just happened?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11:32 PM »
What just happened?

Oh, nothing. Just Ners spewing his insecurities. To use the old cliche, Ive forgotten more about the BE as a conference than Ners knows. And he's angry about it. Morons that know they are morons (when it comes to a particular subject) are angry people that take jabs at others for the sake of internal comfort. No biggie.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:15:42 PM »
Ha! Amusing. You are so insecure. As I have mentioned, I grew up in NYC. Thus, the conference that I watched growing up was the BE. Moten, Wallace, Mourning, Iverson, Allen were all players I grew up emulating on the rec basketball courts. It's not my fault your knowledge of the BE only starts with MU.

You sound like quite the playground legend.

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 09:23:59 PM »
You sound like quite the playground legend.

At least I htought I was. Hiked up my socks and wore an undershirt under my jersey to emulate the John Wallace team (poetry in Moten). I think I was the only white kid to do it, too. Unfortunately, I couldnt dunk (would get stuffed by the rim) but I could shoot the fadaway 3 like Moten.  ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »
The problem with Ners is that he views it as his personal mission to defend everything MU basketball, and everyone who has anything negative to say must have some sort of ulterior motive.  He just needs to stop the knee-jerk defense because he honestly makes some good points.

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 09:34:04 PM »
The problem with Ners is that he views it as his personal mission to defend everything MU basketball, and everyone who has anything negative to say must have some sort of ulterior motive.  He just needs to stop the knee-jerk defense because he honestly makes some good points.

Fair enough. However, when I think of Ners, I think of Johnny Tyler...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56vwZ_oclw&feature=related

It fits him perfectly and I dont even need to meet him to know it.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Funny, people on this board were blasted for saying Cothron wouldn't qualify back when we were recruiting him...and now it turns out to be true.  What a shocker.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »
What about Coleman that committed to Louisville?  Did he qualify?  It seems MU backed off on him early
as I originally heard he was another verbal to MU.  Also, do you think MU only signs 2 players this fall or
spring ,curious. did Singleton get promised a scholarship for 2011, he is not a bad player for a walk-on.  A
year in the weight room will probably do wonders for him and Wilson.  It sure looked like Jones added some
muscle to his frame.

d6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »
Whoa, Ners. That guy's calling you out. I'll agree that you can be over-the-top in your defense of Buzz & MU, but this guy's talking smack about not only your knowledge of the game, but also your ability to play it as well. Now, I know that you practically lived on the main court at the Rec during your four years at MU (did you even know they conducted classes in those other buildings on campus?), but clearly you would be no match for this guy. My advice, hike the socks and practice that "fadaway" three...........

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »
Umm, how do you think we end up with such good Jucos...or why they are even relevant in college basketball then? Or what about prep schools? Not every kid ends up getting a decent chance at an education, that doesn't make them bad or better...Jucos and prep schools are relevant to college football and basketball recruiting for a reason. Bill Snyder knew that.

And please, for God's sake, change your screen name to something else. You are bad karma....how many have you messed up on so far? Maymon, Mbao...

....  Other than that, I really think we can become good friends, if you will only try a little harder.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »
goodgreatgrand, John Wallace was from Rochester, NY (about 6hrs from NYC and is my hometown), so are you actually from the city or are you from the ROC?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »

Beats me.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 09:34:51 AM »
Beats me.

Beat me to it.

Sometimes it takes a hard lesson for a kid to get his life in order.  I think Buzz wants the kids that are going to take that and challenge themselves to become better students and better people. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
Oh, nothing. Just Ners spewing his insecurities. To use the old cliche, Ive forgotten more about the BE as a conference than Ners knows. And he's angry about it. Morons that know they are morons (when it comes to a particular subject) are angry people that take jabs at others for the sake of internal comfort. No biggie.

My only issue with you..is that you act like an MU fan..but at heart are a Syracuse fan.  Come out of the closet - it's okay..just out yourself as being CUSE #1..and MU..either #2..or some lower number.  I've never argued my knowledge about the Big East as compared to you..nor do I care..nor do I disagree with you that my passion for the Big East didn't start until MU joined.

Lastly...did you really bring up your hoops playing skills??  Guess what..I'm a 6'1" white guy who could throw down 360 dunks, alley oops, and everything in between..and others on this board can veryify that...as could Amal McCaskill, Dwaine Streater, Hutch, Shane Littles..and many other former MU players in the 93-97 years...as I played a ton of pick up with the team/coached summer camp.

To the rest of the board..pardon the self plug..but I had to stoop to the level of our resident NYC playground legend who had that fade away 3..but would get rejected by the rim in his feeble attempts to dunk a basketball.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »
Funniest. Thread. Ever.

/Grabs popcorn and waits for more posters to brag about their own skillz.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
I'm 6'3"...42 yo....could never dunk....still play a couple times a week.

But I won a intramural championship as a sophomore.

Does that thrill you 2002???

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »
I'm 6'3"...42 yo....could never dunk....still play a couple times a week.

But I won a intramural championship as a sophomore.

Does that thrill you 2002???

Be more specific. Are you good at behind the back passes? How do you wear your socks? Elliot Perry style? Do you like to go up and under in the post or shoot a fade-away? Were MU players impressed with your game? Which intramural league, A or B?

The humor is in the absurd details.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
Funniest. Thread. Ever.

/Grabs popcorn and waits for more posters to brag about their own skillz.

I knew choosing to follow the "goodgreatgrand" NYC playground legend down the path of skillz dropping would be sure to result in entertainment and ridicule..just glad that I wasn't the original poster to start the skill dropping...

Feel free to pile on all Scoopers..I fully realize I opened myself up for some ridicule..but it is all worth it to illustrate how ridiculous it was for "goodgreatgrand" Syracuse fan to start the skillz dropping.