collapse

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bradley Center #4 Worst Stadium in US  (Read 9775 times)

g0lden3agle

• All American
Bradley Center #4 Worst Stadium in US
« on: July 26, 2010, 05:05:09 PM »
http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/07/26/9-of-the-worst-sports-stadiums-in-america/

Not much positive to say about the BC from this guy.  Personally I've never had much of an issue with the stadium, mostly because I'm used to the piss-old arenas the Pistons and Red Wings still play in and know what comes with the package of such an old building.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Bradley Center #4 Worst Stadium in US
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
That is why no talent ass clowns shouldn't have blogs.

really, no one should have blogs, since no one really gives a rat's ass what someone else thinks, they're more worried about themselves.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 06:15:21 PM »
That is why no talent ass clowns shouldn't have blogs.

really, no one should have blogs, since no one really gives a rat's ass what someone else thinks, they're more worried about themselves.

Unless you are Mark "The Shark" Titus.

I don't have a problem with the Bradley Center. It's not great and I don't go to many other basketball stadiums so can't really compare, but it gets the job done. The only problem I have is some of the seats aren't set up for basketball and are facing weird angles (mainly at the end of the baseline on the sideline, some are facing straight forward, which is looking at seats behind the basket and you have to turn in order to watch the game.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:29:15 PM »
Unless you are Mark "The Shark" Titus.

I don't have a problem with the Bradley Center. It's not great and I don't go to many other basketball stadiums so can't really compare, but it gets the job done. The only problem I have is some of the seats aren't set up for basketball and are facing weird angles (mainly at the end of the baseline on the sideline, some are facing straight forward, which is looking at seats behind the basket and you have to turn in order to watch the game.

While thats certainly a problem, I enjoy how the nose bleeds still have a damn good view of the court.  When the stairs are steep like that it allows people to still be relatively close to the court.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:50:33 PM »
ESPN's vendor violation review at major league establishments:

Bradley Center
Vendors with critical violations: 23%
Inspection report excerpt: A volunteer worker used bare hands to level ice in an ice bin. The inspector ordered the ice to be discarded.

Lambeau Field
Green Bay Packers
Vendors with critical violations: 18%
Inspection report excerpt: Two locations were cited after inspectors found an employee who "did not wash hands after blowing nose or eating food prior to handling customer food or ice."

Miller Park
Milwaukee Brewers
Vendors with critical violations: 33%
Inspection report excerpt: Mold was growing in ice machines at six locations.

SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »
http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/07/26/9-of-the-worst-sports-stadiums-in-america/

Not much positive to say about the BC from this guy.  Personally I've never had much of an issue with the stadium, mostly because I'm used to the piss-old arenas the Pistons and Red Wings still play in and know what comes with the package of such an old building.

"Such an old building"....the BC opened during my junior year. <sigh>

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 08:58:39 PM »
I actually don't really disagree with this blogger. He's talking about pro stadiums. And for pro sports stadiums, the BC is probably near the back of the pack. Definitely in the NBA. Its old as crap and has no character or any of the modern amenities (like a sit-down restaurant).

But whatever, for Marquette basketball, its great. It gets loud as hell in there and you can pack 19,000+. What's not to like? I can see the Bucks wanting out, but as far as NCAA arenas its gotta be above average, if not better.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 09:12:14 PM »
ESPN's vendor violation review at major league establishments:

Bradley Center
Vendors with critical violations: 23%
Inspection report excerpt: A volunteer worker used bare hands to level ice in an ice bin. The inspector ordered the ice to be discarded.

Lambeau Field
Green Bay Packers
Vendors with critical violations: 18%
Yellow "wet floor" signs were ordered to be removed from use.  The large puddles of urine on the concrete was deemed to be a safety hazard.

Miller Park
Milwaukee Brewers
Vendors with critical violations: 33%
Inspection report excerpt: Mold was growing in ice machines at six locations.

fixed.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »
I actually don't really disagree with this blogger. He's talking about pro stadiums. And for pro sports stadiums, the BC is probably near the back of the pack. Definitely in the NBA. Its old as crap and has no character or any of the modern amenities (like a sit-down restaurant).

But whatever, for Marquette basketball, its great. It gets loud as hell in there and you can pack 19,000+. What's not to like? I can see the Bucks wanting out, but as far as NCAA arenas its gotta be above average, if not better.

I agree... there are no distinguishing features of the building other than it sucking camel-cock. Its old. Ugly. There are no restaurants in building. There are virtually no redeeming qualities of the arena... but hey it's still better than the piss drenched craphole that DePaul uses to get ass unnatural carnal knowledgeed in

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 09:40:57 AM »
Its old as crap

I'm getting old, apparently.  It's barely 20 years old and that's "old as crap"?  Yikes.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »

Exactly. The arena was built as a hockey arena and that is why the site lines are so bad in spots and that the nosebleeds are terrible for a bball game. It was also built at the end of an era and right before the "modern" stadiums have been built with suites and restaurants that make them profitable.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »
I know this is a pro sports poll, but for those that haven't been to other BE arenas, the BC is one of the best.  Gampel & XL Center in CT suck, the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence has improved, but still not that great.  The Carrier Dome blows for b-ball, the RAC is a high school gym.  The only better ones I have been to are the Verizon Center in DC and MSG.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
Definitely in the NBA. Its old as crap and has no character or any of the modern amenities (like a sit-down restaurant).

I know that team's love to have restaurants and bars in their stadiums now, but from a fan's perspective, is there really a need?

There are 3 or 4 places literally across the street and if you walk a couple of blocks you have dozens of choices.

I don't know that I really need/want a restaurant in my basketball arena. Again, from a team's perspective, I get it. But, if we are evaluating from a fan's perspective, I don't really see a big need. Give me more escalators, upgraded food at the concessions, more urinals and wider walkways.

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »

I'm getting old, apparently.  It's barely 20 years old and that's "old as crap"?  Yikes.

For a professional sports arena, yes 20 is starting to push it in age...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »

Yeah no kidding.

I remember when I first walked in the place and it HAD ESCALATORS!!!!  And the hallways were so wide and didn't smell of urine!!!

Now it's old and it's ugly.

I guess I have seen too many games at MECCA and the old Wisconsin Fieldhouse to ever really feel that way about the BC.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 12:20:13 PM »

If only Cleveland could have to something show for building both the Gund and Quicken Loans in the past 20 years...

/cheapshot
//too soon?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
I know this is a pro sports poll, but for those that haven't been to other BE arenas, the BC is one of the best.  Gampel & XL Center in CT suck, the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence has improved, but still not that great.  The Carrier Dome blows for b-ball, the RAC is a high school gym.  The only better ones I have been to are the Verizon Center in DC and MSG.

Verizon Center would be awesome for hockey, but it's too big for college hoops. The sightlines in the upper deck are brutal. I can see why Georgetown doesn't have much of an atmosphere there.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »
If someone mention's "on-campus arena," so help me....

Dang it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »
You can buy beer at the BC cant you?  That puts it in the upper realm of collegate arenas right there

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 03:52:21 PM »
He has obviously never been to Arco Arena.

Arco was built to be a temporary stadium, then it was built up to seat 18K, which is the second smallest in America. It's in the middle of nowhere, twenty miles from downtown, and it's a concrete eyesore in a cornfield. It creaks, it's older than the Bradley Center's most recent renovation, it has so many broken seats that they've started replacing blue armrests on red seats and vice versa, creating an ugly lower bowl even when fans aren't there. Nobody in Sacramento even likes that place and are adamantly pursuing a new arena because we recognize we need one.

This idiot even ranks Fenway up there. I understand Fenway is old and tearing down, but Wrigley is in far worse condition.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »

There's something very wrong with that perception, in my opinion.  Cities and taxpayers can't be expected to just churn out new sandboxes every 20 years to help a billionaire owner and millionaire players.  That model will not sustain itself, especially with the revenue situation cities and states are already having.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 04:15:21 PM »
There's something very wrong with that perception, in my opinion.  Cities and taxpayers can't be expected to just churn out new sandboxes every 20 years to help a billionaire owner and millionaire players.  That model will not sustain itself, especially with the revenue situation cities and states are already having.

Agreed.  And people tend to to forget the Bradley Center was a GIFT to the city of Milwaukee.  I understand upkeep is not free, but c'mon people.  People really want a new arena so it can have a bar or restaurant in it?  Hey taxpayers, build us a $400 million TGI Fridays. 

The only argument I do understand is from a revenue standpoint, in regards to suites and courtside seats...

PS:  The Bradley Center was not a gift so Jane Pettit could get some huge tax breaks (see Cowboys and Yankees stadium).  The building is fine, the Bucks, if they remain viable, and the economy improves, a new arena may need to be considered in the next 5-7 years.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »

I agree with this.  It is an arms race that is only done because owners leverage cities against one another.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »
I know that team's love to have restaurants and bars in their stadiums now, but from a fan's perspective, is there really a need?

There are 3 or 4 places literally across the street and if you walk a couple of blocks you have dozens of choices.

I don't know that I really need/want a restaurant in my basketball arena. Again, from a team's perspective, I get it. But, if we are evaluating from a fan's perspective, I don't really see a big need. Give me more escalators, upgraded food at the concessions, more urinals and wider walkways.

I'll never get past going to Miller Park and watch people literally spend the whole game in a bar watching it on a tv to pay $7 drinks. Couldn't you have done that down the block and saved on admission and parking?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
Art's should just build a tunnel to the BC