Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Crean's gotta go  (Read 13097 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Anyone Notice That...
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 08:10:54 PM »
I didn't chime in? ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU NY

• Starter
Re: Crean's gotta go
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 08:32:52 AM »
Been going to MU home games since you were five?  You must have been in the bathroom for the "Piano Playing Lounge Act" Dukiet years and the "Put on a happy face" -Mike Deane years to be saying what you are on this board.  Snap out of it dude and get back to your seats or someone else will buy them out from under you!!!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 08:40:43 AM »
what a silly thread.  still, i am glad the moderators are letting it continue  ;D

In case some of you missed it, this was erased from Scout's free board:

Talking to DJ's High School Head Coach
... turns out he was sitting right behind me at the ND game so i talked to him for abit about DJ and he said that he is going to wait until season end to decided wether or not he is leaving and he said that he really likes MU and he would have to be projected early to mid first round if he were going to leave. another interesting thing he pointed out was that he felt the offense was being run through jerel and that jerel had to many turnovers. He didnt seem to like jerel very much he tended to rip on him alot which suprised me but he did say that DJ thought jerel was a nice guy and that he liked him alot he just didnt like that the offense runs through jerel. not so sure i agree with those comments but i thought you guys might have some thoughts...

(can't remember the name of the poster it wasn't a regular but it also wasn't their first post either).
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »
nice catch, Mr. Lens.

Coaches defend their players, at every level.  I dont know that MU runs its offense through Jerel, but sure -- compared to last season when DJ did all the ball handling, I guess I can understand that perspective a bit.  In a three-guard offense, there's no need to have on player make all the calls.

Glad we can talk about this here

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »
nice catch, Mr. Lens.

Coaches defend their players, at every level....Glad we can talk about this here

Exactly, I don't think he said anything that anyone else's coach would not have said.  Heck, Kinsella's coach probably feels Mike should be getting the ball in the high poist on every possession. John & IWB do a nice job but when there's not a open exchange of info, you start to wonder about the other info being given out.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 09:03:56 AM »
There is absolutely no way the offense is run through McNeal. That's just plain wrong. Whenever Crean's got James on the wing, it's usually Wesley bring the ball up and that is just a plan to get James in better position to get to the basket. Besides, we've heard Crean talking about getting McNeal to improve his decision making...there's just no way.

Obviously, that's not exactly a rock-solid source, but if his coach said that he's a goofball -- especially considering DJ managed to get 20 shots up vs. ND.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »
especially considering DJ managed to get 20 shots up vs. ND.

and since DJ had 9 assists and just one turnover in that same game. 

McNeal had no assists and four turnovers.  DJ still drives the bus most of the time.  Maybe the beef is that McNeal gets just as many shot attempts per game as DJ. who knows
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:19:49 AM by NYWarrior »

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »
What an absurd thread for a THIRD post. I can't even imagine how ludicrous the first two must have been.

When does your fourth post come in, oh wise one??????
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 04:04:07 PM »
Crean goes and so does our recruiting power and the level of play he's gotten his teams to play at. While he's gotten us back on the college bball map, if he goes it wouldn't surprise me if we're off it almost right away. Crean has got to STAY!!

michiganmufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 05:29:17 PM »
After the final 4 year, I think we were all afraid that Crean might go.  Now we want him to?  I think that this post shows how good Crean is.  He has raised our expectations to the point where Top 25 and NCAA bids aren't good enough, we want a dynasty.
I imagine there is some UCONN board where there is a guy wanting Calhoun out, too.
I also imagine there is someone who doesn't post on his Cincinnati Bearcat board anymore because he voiced the opinion a couple of years ago that they would be better off without Huggins.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »
Crean goes and so does our recruiting power and the level of play he's gotten his teams to play at. While he's gotten us back on the college bball map, if he goes it wouldn't surprise me if we're off it almost right away. Crean has got to STAY!!

MU has too much invested in the Hoops program to let it slide.  Sure they could flub a hire but with the operating revenue they give men's basketball, the salaries they have been willing to pay and the infrastructure (The AL etc) MU will be able to attract a coach who is on par with Coach Crean. 

That being said, I would hope they do everything they can to retain him when future inquiries come up.  Consistency is the best thing, IMO.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
I don't know PRN...there are many programs that have resources that have had to go to their 4th, 5th, 6th choices.

NC State was just the latest last year.  UCLA was in that spot with Lavin.  I'm not convinced Cincinnati or Seton Hall made lateral hires with the departure of their coaches last year...time will tell.

No question MU would try not to let it slide, but I hope we aren't in that position of hiring someone (as you stated) for many years to come.