collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lebron to Miami  (Read 17801 times)

shiloh26

• Starter
Re: Lebron to Miami
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
Johnson is not worth that kind of jack!

Oh he sure isn't, he who disappeared in that Magic series (12 ppg?).  And he'll be 30 by the time the contract begins.  Oy.  But he'll get it somewhere, because NBA GM's are gluttons for punishment and refuse to learn from mistakes in the past.   They love overpaying decent players (Elton Brand, Gilbert Arenas even at the time, Rashard Lewis for the cash he makes, Kenyon Martin, the examples could go on forever.)  Amare will get a max contract too despite the fact that he can't guard a lamppost and has already had microfracture surgery. 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
Probably old news by now, but Bulls met with Bosh last night. Meeting with Wade right now as we speak.

Believe it or not, Wade's people contacted the Bulls to set up the meeting. Don't read too much into that though. Odds are still 99.5% he's re-signing with the Heat.

Bulls brass (Reinsdorf, Gar/Pax, Tibs) going to Akron tomorrow. Possible there might be a "big name" going with them as well. I can't divulge who.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
Probably old news by now, but Bulls met with Bosh last night. Meeting with Wade right now as we speak.

Believe it or not, Wade's people contacted the Bulls to set up the meeting. Don't read too much into that though. Odds are still 99.5% he's re-signing with the Heat.

Bulls brass (Reinsdorf, Gar/Pax, Tibs) going to Akron tomorrow. Possible there might be a "big name" going with them as well. I can't divulge who.

My calendar is already full for tomorrow.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »

Please be Charles Oakley...

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
Update, Bulls moved their meeting with LBJ to Saturday, in hopes of bringing in their special guest to help close the deal.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
Lots of rumors  the last few weeks that Scottie Pippen would go to recruit free agents with the Bulls.  

Pippen was supposedly at the White Sox game the same day as Wade.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »

Please be Charles Oakley...

Haha, that would be hilarious!

I wonder how MJ would react if LBJ stole his personal bodyguard/friend/lackey.

My guess is that its Bulls' lifetime assistant coach, Pete Myers!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »
Oakley and LBJ are tight. Oakley has said he thinks LBJ should/will sign with the Bulls.

feedback