Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hayward  (Read 7510 times)

teddycoke

• Scholarship Player

mu89

• Starter
Re: Hayward
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:46:21 PM »
This is great to hear!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »
WOW!  Could a better recruiting piece be written for Marquette??!!  Seriously.  That was a really, really, flattering piece on Lazar, and our program.  Lazar totally deserves it too.  Such a great kid.  (Someone please send Tim Maymon a link to this article.)   :)
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:50:37 PM »
Sweet music, reading that article about Lazar.  Thanks for posting.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
I'd love to see Buzz gain the reputation of pumping out solid role players in the NBA.  All that talk about teaching kids to be good men shows in how unselfish MU's players are.  A lot of rookies in Wes's position might have tried to put up points to prove himself, but Wes played within the system all year.  Great that this is trickling down.  

Let's get Lazar in this year and maybe Jimmy in the next.  DJO's jumper might be enough to get him in too.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »
Thanks Andy Katz.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »
Very nice read.  I have so much respect for Lazar and wish him nothing but the best.

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »
Wow gotta love that  ;D

Hopefully many GM's think the way this guy does. From chatter about him going undrafted to chatter about him going late first round, this should be an interesting draft for Lazar.

I thought Mr. Katz hated MU?  :o He sure has shown some love the past few seasons

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »
This is awesome news. So by the sounds of this article hes really creeping up into being a sure fire draft choice? I mean this article is even talking first round possibilities, so I have to assume hes gona get drafted. Great news and glad they recognize him, Wes and MU as a whole.

Only downside that I read............please do not let the WOLVES draft him. Please for all things good in this world.

I think  playoff team would be best for him because he would be in the playoffs(only time I fully follow the NBA) and good teams normally have full rotations where bench players come into games in bunches, giving more opportunity. Regardless of the team I think hes a bench player so why not for a good team?

Get drafted first though. Good work Zar.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »
wow thats a great article.
Makes me proud to be an MU (hard worker)
even though i imagine id fall more into the department of an MU (slacker)

WhiteTron

• Walk-On

GOMU85

• Starter
Re: Andy Katz Respecting MU/Lazar's Work Ethic
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
You're Late. This has been posted already buddy

[Mu]EngiNerd

• Starter
  • BS08 MS10
Re: Andy Katz Respecting MU/Lazar's Work Ethic
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 06:57:50 PM »
yea buddy i can be snooty too
One Nerd to Rule them All - Bears - Blackhawks - Bulls - Cubs - Golden Eagles

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »
me too
SS Marquette

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »
In the article, they mention South Florida's Dominique Jones.  I realize this guy can score, but every time I've seen him play MU and DePaul, I've been unimpressed by his shoot first mentality and turnovers.  Am I just hatin'?

mklenn

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 09:46:01 AM »
Only downside that I read............please do not let the WOLVES draft him. Please for all things good in this world.

+1, david kahn is too stupid to draft a player like lazar so we should have no worries there

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »
That is awesome.  Sounds like Wes started to turned some heads about the MU program and Lazar is affirming that our players are worth drafting.  

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 10:27:42 AM »
Great pub for Lazar and MU! Interesting that Wes, not Wade, might be having the biggest impact on future MU players being drafted.

Hypothetical: If the Bucks ended up with Lazar, how would the Badger/Bucks fans react? Would they accept him or hope he fails?

Initially, I was going to say that I hope they'd be level-headed and cheer for him to help their team, but then I realized that if the Bulls (my team) drafted Harangody, I'd hope he gets cut and ends up riding the bench in some Turkish league that can't afford to pay their players.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »
Great pub for Lazar and MU! Interesting that Wes, not Wade, might be having the biggest impact on future MU players being drafted.

Hypothetical: If the Bucks ended up with Lazar, how would the Badger/Bucks fans react? Would they accept him or hope he fails?

Initially, I was going to say that I hope they'd be level-headed and cheer for him to help their team, but then I realized that if the Bulls (my team) drafted Harangody, I'd hope he gets cut and ends up riding the bench in some Turkish league that can't afford to pay their players.

I must believe that Harangody is more divisive than Lazar.  Some players you just hate... for instance, I had no problem with Devin Harris doing well in the leage, but if Brian Butch had been drafted, even by the Bucks, I'd have hoped he never saw the floor. 

I also appreciate seeing Alando Tucker ride the pine (is he in the league anymore? I know he was drafted by the Suns) while Wes gets minutes. 

LA

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 12:15:20 PM »
Tucker was dropped by the Suns and picked up by Minn. He played like 15 games this year and bounced back and forth between the D League and the big boy squad.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
Tucker played in 4 games for Minnesota before asking for his release and heading to Puerto Rico.

http://www.latinbasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=PUR&PlayerID=33521

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »
Who cares if a UofW-Mad player succeeds in the NBA.  Good for them.  Sounds pretty petty otherwise.

MedicineHatSpanker

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
I realized that if the Bulls (my team) drafted Harangody, I'd hope he gets cut and ends up riding the bench in some Turkish league that can't afford to pay their players.

A Midnight Express situation?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »
For what it's worth (not much), one analyst at CBSsports.com projects Hayward to squeak into the first round with the Hawks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/fullnbamockdraft-BrianLevenson

mviale

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 12:32:28 AM »
To put Hayward in perspective, could one of the big 3 have contributed to our success as much as Hayward did this year?

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

feedback