Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kevin Noreen Still Undecided  (Read 10399 times)

GGGG

• All American
Kevin Noreen Still Undecided
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:01:25 PM »

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Kevin Noreen Still Undecided
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
No need to be an insider.  It has been posted that Noreen is not an option for MU.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:58 PM »
Posted here?  If so, I must have missed it.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »
Holy sh*t Kevin, might be time to send Scout a new picture of yourself.  Goodness

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »
Posted here?  If so, I must have missed it.
On the other free board, open to all.  Just look for the thread labeled Noreen.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
On the other free board, open to all.  Just look for the thread labeled Noreen.

Thanks...I take it that "IWB" is some sort of bma-like insider.

C.HestonsLoincloth

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
Thanks...I take it that "IWB" is some sort of bma-like insider.

More like the Ultimate I Gotta Secret schister. He will tell you that you don't know the real story but then fails to enlighten or inform. A lot like the whiny kid in 3rd grade who would go on about having a secret but refuse to to divulge anything. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 04:39:40 PM »
According to IBW on the other board, Marquette did not make a take it or leave it offer to Noreen when he visited as was reported by the Minneapolis Star Tribune on May 9th.  But, IBW also states that Noreen is no longer an option for MU, and Buzz is still recruiting.  IBW works somewhere in Wisconsin as a sports reporter, I believe.  When Vander signed with MU, IBW did a video interview with Vander at his school after the signing which got linked into a thread here at MUScoop.

In his radio interview from May 20th, Noreen mentions MU along with Northwestern as the two schools he has visited "informally".  He said that he has gone on formal visits to Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Providence.  He doesn't mention any favorites.

For some reason the date May 28th holds some significance.  I believe that that may be when Noreen gets an answer from the ACC on his appeal to be allowed to get a scholarship from another ACC institution.  Most people who know the criteria don't think that his appeal will fly because he has to show substantial hardship to himself as a result of the ban.

On the radio, Noreen mentions that Minnesota has not made an offer.  Tubby has a scholarship to use, but depending on who you believe, he's either holding it in case Royce White gets readmitted, or he doesn't think that Noreen can cut it in the Big Ten.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:41:38 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »
IWB is good people.

Doesn't seem as plugged in as he was during Crean era, but he's one of few guys with reliable information on the basketball program. 

C.HestonsLoincloth

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
IWB is good people.

Doesn't seem as plugged in as he was during Crean era, but he's one of few guys with reliable information on the basketball program. 

He is not a reporter, at least not in the traditonal sense. He does run a website so I suppose he might be considered a "journalist" though his pronounced lack of objectivity undermines his credibility in that regard. I understand he is very good friends with Crean which gave him access. Crean's departure has left him quite a few "Bausch & Lombe contacts" short

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
Holy sh*t Kevin, might be time to send Scout a new picture of yourself.  Goodness

I agree. I don't want a guy who looks like he just came out of middle school.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »
He is not a reporter, at least not in the traditonal sense. He does run a website so I suppose he might be considered a "journalist" though his pronounced lack of objectivity undermines his credibility in that regard. I understand he is very good friends with Crean which gave him access. Crean's departure has left him quite a few "Bausch & Lombe contacts" short

True but it could be worse.

He could be a career Bo Ryan fluffer like Rob Shultz and Jeff Potrykus.   

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
maybe they are re-checking his age? spread yer cheeks and lift yer sac-remember the dude that played prep b-ball for a florida school and then did an encore with a team in texas. 

C.HestonsLoincloth

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 06:49:55 PM »
True but it could be worse.

He could be a career Bo Ryan fluffer like Rob Shultz and Jeff Potrykus.   

Potrykus is the worst, in every possible way. Guy needs to stop depositing his paycheck at Taco Bell and KFC and buy some proper threads. Wasn't it Seinfeld who said guys who wear sweats in public have given up on life? That's only part right. They also have given up on shaking that nagging extra 75 pounds. 

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »
Potrykus is one ugly dude...Bo must have him wear a Sendik bag over that mug. 

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »

Some facts on IWB.  He doesn't admit to being a traditional journalist, he doesn't run a website and still has as good or likely better recruiting contacts than anyone on the MU message boards.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »
Some facts on IWB.  He doesn't admit to being a traditional journalist, he doesn't run a website and still has as good or likely better recruiting contacts than anyone on the MU message boards.

+100

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
IWB just does not feel the need to burn every source he has by posting everything he hears on the board.  All the info I have ever heard from him has been very accurate.  He is also very considerate to the player's and the recruits which is another reason he does not post everything.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
OK, if IWB is accurate, he has also stated that we are still actively recruiting for 2010.  I have no idea whom at this point...

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 08:05:04 AM »
OK, if IWB is accurate, he has also stated that we are still actively recruiting for 2010.  I have no idea whom at this point...

I'm sure Buzz has a pretty good idea.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 08:08:51 AM »
I'm sure Buzz has a pretty good idea.

I would hope so.  There is just no chatter about it here...

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »
IWB is a true poser.  When he was working for Dodds and pimping memberships for his recruiting insider board he would occasionally attend a recruiting event.  Rarely ever though if it was located outside Milwaukee County.  He did not go see recruits, but he did occasioanlly call them and get an interview that you could read for a fee.  99% of the crap was recycled junk from Scout.  Additionally his journalism was junior high quality at best.  He had a school girl crush on Crean and Crean knows how to use a situation like that as well as anyone, using him as an unoffical mouth piece.  Crean "made" dods and IWB "who they are today" and they will forever stand by their man for it. My guess is Crean never even gave them the pleasure of a reach around.  A wink here and there was probably all that was neded to keep the flames of their man crush going.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:30:35 AM »
IWB is a true poser.  When he was working for Dodds and pimping memberships for his recruiting insider board he would occasionally attend a recruiting event.  Rarely ever though if it was located outside Milwaukee County.  He did not go see recruits, but he did occasioanlly call them and get an interview that you could read for a fee.  99% of the crap was recycled junk from Scout.  Additionally his journalism was junior high quality at best.  He had a school girl crush on Crean and Crean knows how to use a situation like that as well as anyone, using him as an unoffical mouth piece.  Crean "made" dods and IWB "who they are today" and they will forever stand by their man for it. My guess is Crean never even gave them the pleasure of a reach around.  A wink here and there was probably all that was neded to keep the flames of their man crush going.

hmmm please tell us how you really feel about Tom Crean.

C.HestonsLoincloth

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »
Some facts on IWB.  he doesn't run a website

This correct. The statement should read, "he once ran a webite"

Looks like the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel pulled the plug on his "Sports Bubbler" site

feedback