collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[May 22, 2024, 09:36:22 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 22, 2024, 07:26:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by rocky_warrior
[May 22, 2024, 06:25:06 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by BCHoopster
[May 22, 2024, 06:19:00 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by tower912
[May 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: LOST Finale  (Read 4784 times)

KipsBayEagle

LOST Finale
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »
Not sure how many people watch the show.  Was wondering what people thought/ reactions.  Thought it was good, try to play up the emotional card a little too much, but was actually in my opinion a pretty solid series finale.

GGGG

• All American
Re: LOST Finale
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:41:14 AM »
Decent ending to a bad season.  Otherwise, I loved the series, but it's time is over.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »
Decent ending to a bad season.  Otherwise, I loved the series, but it's time is over.
Well put

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »
I thought it was a great season, one of the best. -- The ending?  So-so.   

Naturally, it ends and has most people thinking "What just happened?"  .. which is sad.  Come on, it's been 6 years of answering questions with more questions or fluffy talk that's up to interpretation.  I'd have preferred a more specific ending where they explained WTF was going on.

Sure, sure, it'd be less magical that way.  Whatever. 

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
Speaking of finales ... anyone still watching 24 after all these years? I might actually turn it on tonight ...

Talk about a show that bottomed out.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:02 PM »
Speaking of finales ... anyone still watching 24 after all these years? I might actually turn it on tonight ...

I actually have heard this season has been awesome.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »
I am still watching, and this season has really been pretty good. You have to be willing to put up with/get into some of the very unrealistic to impossible, Die Hard-like aspects of the show, but I have found this season to be as dramatic, suspenseful...as the first. They took it in a different direction this year, and there have been several times where I have found myself thinking Jack Bauer is awesome, and he is...one of the Top 5 television characters ever. Still one of the better shows on TV (though that isn't saying much) in my opinion.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »

I think their ratings have actually steadily increased (although I think they are down a bit this year), so I'm not sure I would say the show bottomed out. With a show like that I think it is probably just very difficult to keep coming up with interesting enough story lines (and I assume its pretty expensive to make), and eventually they would bottom out. Probably a good decision to stop.

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 12:20:18 AM »
Great final episode. This season there were 4 or 5 really great episodes, Ab Aeterno and the finale were probably the best, though I loved Desmond's episode as well.

Hasn't been as great of a show since the 3rd season. Just hasn't been the same, too many mysteries, not enough answers, not enough focus on the characters for my taste, but a great finale nonetheless.

Anyone looking for a new show to bandwagon onto should try Treme on HBO. My current favorite thing on television. I actually missed the LOST finale to watch Treme and had LOST recorded.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 09:12:49 AM »
Anyone looking for a new show to bandwagon onto should try Treme on HBO. My current favorite thing on television. I actually missed the LOST finale to watch Treme and had LOST recorded.

Treme? Really? I watched one episode before and just couldnt get into it. Admittedly, i didnt give it my full attention, but I think my mind has been made up already.

I will have to give it another try.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 09:22:58 AM »

The 24 series finale was one of the most unfulfilling finales I have ever seen.  Not as bad as the Seinfeld finale, but close.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »
Treme? Really? I watched one episode before and just couldnt get into it. Admittedly, i didnt give it my full attention, but I think my mind has been made up already.

I will have to give it another try.

Give it another try. The 1st episode started off very slowly. I have to admit that I needed to give it a 2nd chance before I truly appreciated it. Steve Zahn and John Goodman are fantastic...and the music is great!

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »

The 24 series finale was one of the most unfulfilling finales I have ever seen.  Not as bad as the Seinfeld finale, but close.

I was expecting nothing and got exactly what I expected. That show coasted for 6 seasons off the success of its first 2.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 12:26:53 PM »
I was expecting nothing and got exactly what I expected. That show coasted for 6 seasons off the success of its first 2.

That's funny, as those are the two seasons I have not seen.  I guess it's time to watch them.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »

From http://twitter.com/BPGlobalPR

"Funny, no one has thanked us for seasons 3-15 of Treme yet. #bpcares"
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 12:30:55 AM »
College humor

The Unanswered Lost Questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTScPbrFyM

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:57 AM »
College humor

The Unanswered Lost Questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTScPbrFyM

That was pretty great, but I never had a problem with the unanswered questions we were left with. I mean seriously, what were you expecting? The series to end in a neat little episode that explains everything?

If you're expecting clarity from LOST then you're not watching the right show.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »
Give it another try. The 1st episode started off very slowly. I have to admit that I needed to give it a 2nd chance before I truly appreciated it. Steve Zahn and John Goodman are fantastic...and the music is great!

I've tried my darndest to get into Treme, watching every episode so far,  and just can't seem to pull it off. Zahn and Goodman are great, but ultimately it's a show about nothing other than 'Hey look, New Orleans is a unique place'. That held my interest for about an hour. Maybe I'm just shallow, but after that I need some kind of dramatic arc or event to keep my intention. Treme doesn't seem to have one. I'll probably give it to the end of the season, but for all intents I've given up.

As for 'Lost' ... as a loyal viewer, I liked the finale. Unlike some, I never really needed or necessarily wanted direct answer to every single question raised on/about the island. I'll either come up with my own (a TV show that gets you thinking ... whodathunkit?) or accept that the unknown is part of the island's 'magic'. I don't mean that as a swipe at those who wanted all the answers, by the way. I just had a different take on and expectations of the show.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 11:44:08 AM »
Unlike some, I never really needed or necessarily wanted direct answer to every single question raised on/about the island.

I think the number of people who wanted a direct answer to "every single (LOST) question" is in the single digits.

I (and many) just wanted SOME more answers to the big questions raised throughout the series .. and in a definitive way, not an "interpret this the way you wish" kind of way. 

When it ended, I just rolled my eyes.

LON

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »
Now that Lost is done, Fringe is going to be replacing it as one of my must-see shows...

And I agree with the poster that if you wanted "1+1=2" answers for LOST you are not watching the right show.

I liked the ending to LOST 1,000 times more than the ending to the Sopranos...

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 02:40:18 PM »
I've tried my darndest to get into Treme, watching every episode so far,  and just can't seem to pull it off. Zahn and Goodman are great, but ultimately it's a show about nothing other than 'Hey look, New Orleans is a unique place'. That held my interest for about an hour. Maybe I'm just shallow, but after that I need some kind of dramatic arc or event to keep my intention. Treme doesn't seem to have one. I'll probably give it to the end of the season, but for all intents I've given up.

I think the LaDonna/Daymo search is the best dramatic arc on the show. And it's a character driven show, which I understand isn't for everyone, but I love character-driven shows.

Also I loved The Wire, which was David Simon's big show on HBO previously, so I knew I was biased towards Treme before it ever started.

feedback