collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Blackhawks  (Read 50684 times)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Re: Blackhawks
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »
Luongo had no chance last night.  He came in cold after spending the entire game in the locker room...which is why it was so frustrating that Hawks good not get a shot on net in the third...you knew he'd give up the rebound.  There are rumors that he's hurt....I'm not buying it...the only thing hurting is his psyche.  It's a one game series now....hope the boys can close it out on Tuesday.

The scene at the UC last night was unreal...I'm now 6-1 on the year....I should try to get to Vancouver tomorrow. ;-)

Gotta love another playoff doubleheader with the Bulls playing at 7.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »
Last night was great, I felt fantastic when Luongo came in. Agreed that it sucked Chicago couldn't get shots in the third...all I could think was "we just need to get a few shots off, and instead we're stuck in our own end". If Luongo starts Game 7, I think it's a near-certainty that the 'Hawks win.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2011, 04:01:06 PM »
If the Hawks can grab a 2 goal lead at any point that should lock it up.  I can't see Luongo coming back from that.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »
There is a saying in hockey.....the most dangerous lead you can have is a 2 goal lead.  So I would be happy with a 3 goal lead.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
Who does the winner play?  DET, NSH, or SJ/LA
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »
NHL reseeds after every round.  Not a bracket.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
Stupid Detroit fans, I bet 90% of the people at the Joe don't even know why they throw the octopus on the ice.

Who does the winner play?  DET, NSH, or SJ/LA

Who is stupid now?

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »
Bickell had wrist surgery today and is out 3 weeks.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »
Thanks Rules, but not sure how asking a simple question about a the Blackhawks, a team I don't support, implies stupidity.  I can tell you who the Pens play if they advance

My post about the Wings fans not knowing about the octopus was more in jest at the over sensitivity in this thread about 3 pages back.

So now can you answer my question or no?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2011, 07:36:09 PM »
Thanks Rules, but not sure how asking a simple question about a the Blackhawks, a team I don't support, implies stupidity.  I can tell you who the Pens play if they advance

My post about the Wings fans not knowing about the octopus was more in jest at the over sensitivity in this thread about 3 pages back.

So now can you answer my question or no?

Please, please, please tell me who the Pens play if they advance. Because as of this moment, there is no way you can know that. And if you do, you should be talking to some folks in vegas.

And while I can give you all the potential matchups, I cannot with any degree of certainty tell you who the winner of the 1/8 in the west will play.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
Well maybe I am stupid, I didn't think the NHL reseeded the playoffs. My bad.  

Edit...
Yep I am a moron. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:56:39 PM by MU B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
Hawks win and they play San Jose and Detroit would play Nashville.

Vancouver wins and they play Nashville and SJ and Detroit play.

The East is not worth the time to go through all the scenarios.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
Hawks win and they play San Jose and Detroit would play Nashville.

Vancouver wins and they play Nashville and SJ and Detroit play.

The East is not worth the time to go through all the scenarios.

After losing half the team in the offseason, I've tried not to vest myself at all emotionally in this 'Hawks team. I thought they could beat Vancouver, but didn't see them going any further than that. But looking at the playoffs now, how interesting would it be to see the 'Hawks play the same three teams in the West en route to the Cup Finals? Different order, but Vancouver, San Jose, and Nashville brings back some good memories. Philly in the Finals, anyone? ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:19 AM »
Philly in the Finals, anyone? ;D

Ryan Miller says "NO!"

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Redwings cup to lose.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »
Ryan Miller says "NO!"

Apparently he changed his mind to "Well, maybe."
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2011, 01:53:56 AM »
Thank goodness all those Blackhawk "fans" out there went up to the attics today to bring out the Blawkhawks gear for the first time since the Stanley Cup Finals last year.  Hopefully you left the box in a place that is easily accessible  That lasted for all of 1 day for you guys.  ;)

I saw more Blackhawks gear on campus today than I had seen on campus this entire school year combined, by FAR.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:24 AM »
Thank goodness all those Blackhawk "fans" out there went up to the attics today to bring out the Blawkhawks gear for the first time since the Stanley Cup Finals last year.  Hopefully you left the box in a place that is easily accessible  That lasted for all of 1 day for you guys.  ;)

I saw more Blackhawks gear on campus today than I had seen on campus this entire school year combined, by FAR.

This also happened the year the Bears went to the playoffs when I was in school (2003 IIRC).

Yes, I know it happens with all fan bases, and yes I know it isn't all fans.  Its just funny that Chicago doesn't think that fairweather fandom applies to them.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »
I think it is funny you guys deterime fandom by what people are wearing.  I probably watched about 90% of the Blackhawks games this year and I wore my jersey one time to work during the playoffs.  

Does this mean I was a fair weather fan because I didn't wear my jersey every single day?

I think Hards Alumni is a fair weather Marquette fan because he doesn't wear his Marquette gear every weekend during basketball season.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:38:30 AM by TallTitan34 »

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2011, 08:40:49 AM »
This also happened the year the Bears went to the playoffs when I was in school (2003 IIRC).

Yes, I know it happens with all fan bases, and yes I know it isn't all fans.  Its just funny that Chicago doesn't think that fairweather fandom applies to them.

It's also funny that you can determine what Chicago thinks.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
There is no more passionate fanbase in the USA than Chicago fans.  They travel well and support struggling teams.  Of course they get more excited for a winner.  

Not sure why anyone would rip on another fanbase for wearing a t-shirt for game 7.  

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »
There is no more passionate fanbase in the USA than Chicago fans.

Green Bay begs to differ sir, come back when your sold out for 50+ years in a row.

Take care.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »
Anyway back to the game, it was a pretty fitting end for the Hawks.  God knows how many times they turned the puck over in their offensive zone this year for goals.

I said during the offseason I didn't think Crawford would be the answer for the Hawks in goal but I was completely wrong about that.  He was a stud all season and he put on a clinic last night.  I thought he was much more impressive than Luongo who was juggling the puck and giving up some big rebounds.

Aside from Hossa, this is a very young team and they took the best team in the tournament to overtime in game 7.  I look forward to seeing this team in the playoffs next season.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »
There is no more passionate fanbase in the USA than Chicago fans.  They travel well and support struggling teams.  Of course they get more excited for a winner.  

Not sure why anyone would rip on another fanbase for wearing a t-shirt for game 7.  

Thank you for supporting my argument.

This is PRECISELY what I am talking about.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »
Trying to spin this into a positive here.  This loss might be a good lesson for the young Blackhawks.  Had they won and gone on another nice run, their players might have learned a negative lesson that they can sleepwalk through the season and flip a switch at the end.  

Even though they already have a title, I still think we have not seen the ceiling on all of these guys.  That is a scary thing.  Hopefully this loss motivates them to get better.

This is a great core and Bowman did the best he could give the contracts inherited from Dale Tallon though.  Crawford looks like the answer going forward, and Bowman made a tough move by not signing fan favorite Niemi.  

feedback