collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Gordan Hayward hiring an agent  (Read 4763 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Gordan Hayward hiring an agent
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:40:08 PM »
Supposedly because of final exams he couldn't work out for NBA teams but has been told he will be in the 10-25 selection range so he decided to hire an agent. I have to say I've always disliked Butler because I thought they were like Gonzaga (had a good run one year into the Sweet Sixteen to get put on the map and then dominate a weak confernce, being perenially overrated, then being overseeded and bowing out early every year, which is why I chose UTEP over them this year, having not watched them at all), but having watched them throughout the NCAA Tournament I really enjoy how Brad Stevens gets his team to play. They execute a very complex offensethat has an adjustment for any defense and play some really good in your face man-to-man defense. I really enjoyed watching Hayward play. He had a great all around game and for being 6'9" he could handle the ball like crazy and fill up the stat sheet. He's a really smooth player. It would've been fun to see Butler next year with him, but even if they would've been 1 of the most talented teams in the nation it's extremely tough to get back to where they were, so he's done pretty much everything he can at Butler.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
Re: Gordan Hayward hiring an agent
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 01:44:41 PM »
Supposedly because of final exams he couldn't work out for NBA teams but has been told he will be in the 10-25 selection range so he decided to hire an agent. I have to say I've always disliked Butler because I thought they were like Gonzaga (had a good run one year into the Sweet Sixteen to get put on the map and then dominate a weak confernce, being perenially overrated, then being overseeded and bowing out early every year, which is why I chose UTEP over them this year, having not watched them at all), but having watched them throughout the NCAA Tournament I really enjoy how Brad Stevens gets his team to play. They execute a very complex offensethat has an adjustment for any defense and play some really good in your face man-to-man defense. I really enjoyed watching Hayward play. He had a great all around game and for being 6'9" he could handle the ball like crazy and fill up the stat sheet. He's a really smooth player. It would've been fun to see Butler next year with him, but even if they would've been 1 of the most talented teams in the nation it's extremely tough to get back to where they were, so he's done pretty much everything he can at Butler.

There could be worse players I see the Bucks taking at 15.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »
Good for Hayward. He's going to parlay Butler's run into some guaranteed scratch. Doubt he'll last until #15. Would have liked to see Stevens and Butler have another stellar season, if for no other reason, than to have the collar shrink a little more around Tan Tommy's fat little neck.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 02:04:27 PM »

Insert Tom Crean joke here
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 02:51:27 PM »
As a Bucks fan, PASS.

Give me a decent sized, young SG.

perhaps Xavier Henry?

LON

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »
As a Bucks fan, PASS.

Give me a decent sized, young SG.

perhaps Xavier Henry?

Before or after they dump Charlie Bell?

Late for a meeting and bus ride for a game 7?  That's (insert Barkley) turrrrible.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »
There could be worse players I see the Bucks taking at 15.
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that.  Hopefully we can get Salmons to sign with us and then you could platoon Hayward and Ilyasova (spelling?).

I really like Hayward's game.  If he can put on some weight he could do some damage in the NBA.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 03:23:06 PM »
It'll be nice to be a Bucks fan in the next 5 or so years.

with a decent draft choice this year and 2 stupid contracts expiring next year (Dan G, and Mike Redd), hopefully the Bucks can build a decent core.

Losses next year will be Luke Ridnour, Kurt Thomas (I say bring him back... he is old as hell, but is still a top notch defender).

Then again, after next year the NBA could be a complete mess, and might not be playing.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 03:35:23 PM »
Debatable whether Salmons resigns with the Bucks. Was shut down pretty well in games 6 & 7 after ATL made some adjustments on he and Jennings. MKE needs a legit 4 as much as anything.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 03:46:55 PM »
Hopefully we can get Salmons to sign with us

Honestly, if I was as a Bucks fan, I don't know if I would want Salmons resigned. It would depend how long/much the contract was worth.

Salmons strikes me as guy who turns it on for a brief period, gets paid, then sucks. Yes, he was awesome for the Bucks, but then again, he was great for the Bulls last year after coming over from the Kings. How did he do for the Bulls this season... He totally sucked.

The last thing I would want as a Bucks fan would be to finally shed the horrible contracts of Redd and Dan G, only to have a nonproductive Salmons in the first year of a long-term deal.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
Honestly, if I was as a Bucks fan, I don't know if I would want Salmons resigned. It would depend how long/much the contract was worth.

Salmons strikes me as guy who turns it on for a brief period, gets paid, then sucks. Yes, he was awesome for the Bucks, but then again, he was great for the Bulls last year after coming over from the Kings. How did he do for the Bulls this season... He totally sucked.

The last thing I would want as a Bucks fan would be to finally shed the horrible contracts of Redd and Dan G, only to have a nonproductive Salmons in the first year of a long-term deal.

I think what he meant was that next year Salmon's exercises his player option for 5.8 mil.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 03:58:19 PM »
I wouldnt be heartbroken if the Bucks dont resign Salmons.  I have a feeling the contract would become a point of contention after a very short period of time.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 03:59:31 PM »
I think what he meant was that next year the Bucks exercise Salmon's player option for 5.8 mil.

It is a player option, meaning the player decides if he wants it excercised.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »
It is a player option, meaning the player decides if he wants it excercised.

yup, reread, and modified what I said before you posted :)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »
Bank it. Salmons will opt out.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »
My Salmons prediction is that he opts out.  Because of all the cap room out there, *someone* will overpay.  (I just hope it's not Milwaukee.)  The contract will look bad by Valentine's Day 2011.

Not a big loss IMO.  He can't really do anything off the dribble.  A sixth man at best.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
It'll be nice to be a Bucks fan in the next 5 or so years.

with a decent draft choice this year and 2 stupid contracts expiring next year (Dan G, and Mike Redd), hopefully the Bucks can build a decent core.

Losses next year will be Luke Ridnour, Kurt Thomas (I say bring him back... he is old as hell, but is still a top notch defender).

Then again, after next year the NBA could be a complete mess, and might not be playing.

i hope we can re-sign ridnour-he's clutch.  handles the ball well, great shot selection, playmaking ability-great off the bench and he is i believe our only  caucasian-american=diversity, right

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »
This is terrible. Think about how good this guy could be if he stayed in college for 2 more years.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »
This is terrible. Think about how good this guy could be if he stayed in college for 2 more years.

Think about all the money he's going to make right now coming off a FF.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »
Yup.  And how much better is he really going to get by playing in the Horizon League for the next 2 years?  He'll just dominate the competition.  He'll get better by practicing against NBA players every day, while making millions of dollars.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:22 PM »

Yeah, you can't pass up the money if you're a sure first rounder.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 10:00:06 PM »

I see what you're saying, but I think a big part of Salmons sucking for the Bulls this year was Deng coming back.  The Bulls brought in Salmons to score and he did.  Then Deng got healthy and took over that option, and pretty much made Salmons a stand-in-the-corner 3 point shooter, which, as we saw, is not all he can do.  

I agree, we shouldn't just sign him long term, but with the right role he'd continue to be a good player.