[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Milton Bradley... incident in Seattle  (Read 1879 times)

MarquetteDano

• All American
Milton Bradley... incident in Seattle
« on: May 05, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »
Didn't take long for Bradley to cause a stir (see article below).  I don't know if I am more pissed as a Cubs fan that Hendry was moronic enough to think Bradley would work out, or more happy that Hendry found a way to dump him and get Silva.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/marinersblog/2011785415_milton_bradley_packed_up_left.html

GGGG

• All American
Re: Milton Bradley... incident in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »
Seattle is clearly another racist city.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:37 PM »
Didn't take long for Bradley to cause a stir (see article below).  I don't know if I am more pissed as a Cubs fan that Hendry was moronic enough to think Bradley would work out, or more happy that Hendry found a way to dump him and get Silva.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/marinersblog/2011785415_milton_bradley_packed_up_left.html

Definitely that he was moronic enough to think Bradley would work out.  The guy has a horrible track record.  Throwing money at him wasn't gonna help that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:31:55 PM »
Here I thought this was going to be a thread about some board game in the Pacific Northwest.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:57 PM »
Guys a nut job. when on the Dodgers he got into it in the clubhouse when Kent got on him for not hustling. Of course it was racially motivated according to him. he goes off his rocker in each town hge is in. He is a time bomb. Keep him from Times Square.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:27:18 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5166152

News out on Bradley's taking some time off for personal issues, with the support of teammates and Mariners management. 

Here's hoping this is the start of a turn around for the guy.  Sometimes it just really does take a house to fall on somebody, but when it does, it can be tough.  It looks like he's got as good a chance to really use this and move forward as someone can have.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 11:48:02 PM »
Bradley said all of the problems in Chicago were a result of him not hitting.  Well he's smackin the hell out of the ball in Seattle yet the problems are still there.

Sometimes it just really does take a house to fall on somebody, but when it does, it can be tough.  It looks like he's got as good a chance to really use this and move forward as someone can have.

Bradley has had a house fall on him in Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, and now Seattle.  I see no way he uses this to turn his life around.