[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More problems between DWade and estranged wife  (Read 6295 times)

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
More problems between DWade and estranged wife
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:27:30 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5165029&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5165029

Siohvaughn is now suing Gabrielle Union (and naming both kids as plaintiffs as well).

Dwyane is right...she does need some psychological counseling...

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: More problems between DWade and estranged wife
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
That's becoming a sad situation, especially for those boys. If Siovaughn actually had their best interest at heart, she wouldn't be dragging them through all of this and attempting to use them for her own gain.

If she's living in Chicago now, could that at all effect D-Wade's decision to potentially sign with the Bulls? Personally, I don't think he's leaving the Heat, but if he truly wants to weigh all his options, "distance from crazy ex-wife" could actually be a factor.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
I'm sure that DWade isn't perfect, but WOW the ex seems like a nutcase!

Also...Gabrielle Union.....NICE! I'd drink her bath water!  ;D ;D

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 04:54:11 PM »
Illinois is one of several states where a person can sue a third-party (i.e. a mistress or girlfriend) for "marital interference" so it's not as though such a suit is entirely without merit.  Heck, some lady just won a multi-million dollar judgment against her ex-husband's mistress down in the Carolinas recently.

However, knowing what has been publicized about the history between these two, this is probably just a waste of time for everyone.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:23 PM »
I think it's entirely far more probable that DWade, a highly paid, NBA superstar has women throwing themselves at him with frequency, who, by now, has an ego the size of Montana ..created this disaster by not living up to his marriage vows to his high school sweet heart.

Having people call his wife a nut case is .. precisely how he'd like to see it spun.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:20 PM »
I agree with you topper that Dwyane probably isn't faultless in the matter, but suing Gabby Union seems a bit much.

Gabrielle was at the Hall of Fame induction last year with Dwyane.  I was lucky enough to get a photo with both of them   ;D

reinko

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07:15 AM »
I agree with you topper that Dwyane probably isn't faultless in the matter, but suing Gabby Union seems a bit much.

Gabrielle was at the Hall of Fame induction last year with Dwyane.  I was lucky enough to get a photo with both of them   ;D

Care to post?  Gab Union in the words of Jimmy Walker is DYNO-MITE!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:29 AM »
Hmm .. Siohvaughn, who also went to Marquette, wife, mother, and high school girlfriend gets tossed out like yesterday's trash as a hot, famous chick dates her husband and is displacing her as mother to her two children.  Gosh, I wonder how she became bitter.

As it is unusual, suing Union was likely the idea of a lawyer who thought it would help her case, but even if not, do you honestly blame her?

Sorry, I guess I take marriage seriously.  While Wade's talents on the court are wonderous, and his effect on MU tremendous, I think he is now a typical NBA douche bag, screwing around on his wife -- who wasn't some gold digger, since they dated years prior to his bank account was huge.

Wade got white-hot rich and famous, and succumbed to the many temptations provided professional superstars, eventually dumping his wife for an upgrade. 

Yeah, let's all applaud that behavior and condemn the wife for not bowing out gracefully.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:02:38 AM »
Hmm .. (edited to save space)

Yeah, let's all applaud that behavior and condemn the wife for not bowing out gracefully.

+1

I think all sides share the blame on this one.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:13:45 AM »
Hmm .. Siohvaughn, who also went to Marquette, wife, mother, and high school girlfriend gets tossed out like yesterday's trash as a hot, famous chick dates her husband and is displacing her as mother to her two children.  Gosh, I wonder how she became bitter.

As it is unusual, suing Union was likely the idea of a lawyer who thought it would help her case, but even if not, do you honestly blame her?

Sorry, I guess I take marriage seriously.  While Wade's talents on the court are wonderous, and his effect on MU tremendous, I think he is now a typical NBA douche bag, screwing around on his wife -- who wasn't some gold digger, since they dated years prior to his bank account was huge.

Wade got white-hot rich and famous, and succumbed to the many temptations provided professional superstars, eventually dumping his wife for an upgrade. 

Can we all just make up stories about people's personal lives and pass them off as the truth? Or does one have to be a message board moderator to do that?

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »
not made up.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 08:35:38 AM »
Care to post?  Gab Union in the words of Jimmy Walker is DYNO-MITE!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 08:39:57 AM »
I agree with you topper, Siohvaughn is justified in suing Wade.  I completly agree with you on that.  I just don't see what suing his current girlfriend gets you.  It had to have been the lawyers idea like you said.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »

Wow, I bet she is even better looking in person.

As for Siovaughn Wade, I am sure her annual annuity from the divorce settlement is more than anyone on this board will ever see.  She and the kids are set for life and she will never have to seek employment.  Its just part of the professional athletes, movie stars, rock idols and other celebrities whose homelife/marriages are ruined by monetary issues and temptations that follow.  The stars just appear not to be able to stay married to "simple" folk or high school sweethearts. They bond with those in the same spotlight and life style.  There are exceptions, like Jon Bon Jovi, who's been married to his high school sweetheart for like 25 years, but very few.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »
I think it's entirely far more probable that DWade, a highly paid, NBA superstar has women throwing themselves at him with frequency, who, by now, has an ego the size of Montana ..created this disaster by not living up to his marriage vows to his high school sweet heart.

Having people call his wife a nut case is .. precisely how he'd like to see it spun.

DING DING DING.  Give the man a prize

bma725

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »

Both of them weren't living up the marriage vows....and given how both of them behaved while at Marquette, there should have been no expectation that they would.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 09:29:47 AM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
His ex is entitled to be bitter and angry. She's not entitled to wrongfully accuse her ex husband of giving her V.D., or whatever she claimed he passed along to her.

She's obviously getting her money already. Unfortunately, she's too stupid to realize that her lawyers see dollar signs and are taking her for a ride by convincing her to continue to file ridiculous claims.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Can we all just make up stories about people's personal lives and pass them off as the truth? Or does one have to be a message board moderator to do that?

In truth, unless you're in Wade's fave 5 cell buddies, you know what I know, which is what's been reported in the media.

While there have been stories about Wade's philandering and drug use, and one about his wife buying something expensive / having an affair with some guy .. one wonders what is true, what isn't.

Sorry, but it's extraordinarily easy to believe that a superstar athlete "succumbs" to temptation and cheats on his wife, as there are about a billion examples of that.  

And it's equally easy to believe that a man with tremendous wealth, fame, power, and publicity resources has the ability to make his jilted wife look "like a nut case."

I admit, I am jumping to conclusions with limited data.   If you want to go against the Tiger Woods Theory of Super Stardom .. that's certainly an option.

Edit: Ah, BMA, a.k.a. The Oracle, has weighed in and suggested Siovaugn wasn't faithful at Marquette.  

Well, then, never mind.  

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »
I just don't see what suing his current girlfriend gets you.

9 million seems to be the going rate.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/spurned_wife_sues_husband_lover_1TMEWRbaVLQ7iuPWiaHvoI

Edit: I do agree that this was a greasy-lawyer idea, and not an MU-educated Siohvaughn idea.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:51:32 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
In truth, unless you're in Wade's fave 5 cell buddies, you know what I know, which is what's been reported in the media.

While there have been stories about Wade's philandering and drug use, and one about his wife buying something expensive / having an affair with some guy .. one wonders what is true, what isn't.

Sorry, but it's extraordinarily easy to believe that a superstar athlete "succumbs" to temptation and cheats on his wife, as there are about a billion examples of that.  

And it's equally easy to believe that a man with tremendous wealth, fame, power, and publicity resources has the ability to make his jilted wife look "like a nut case."

I admit, I am jumping to conclusions with limited data.   If you want to go against the Tiger Woods Theory of Super Stardom .. that's certainly an option.

Edit: Ah, BMA, a.k.a. The Oracle, has weighed in and suggested Siovaugn wasn't faithful at Marquette.  

Well, then, never mind.  

What I happen to think is interesting is that we all pretend that only celebrities act like this.  Plenty of people all over (some studies have said as high as 50%, IIRC) are unfaithful in their marriages... men and women.  The difference is that celebrities have their infidelities discussed in the public forum.

just my dos pesos.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:56 AM »

Did you read the last paragraph of the article?  I agree, Wade is probably even more guilty on infidelity, but IMO Siohvaughn is the one that's dragging this out...and just needs to move on with her life.

Plus, Nottage and Ward LLP, the Chicago law firm that was representing Siohvaughn Wade in the divorce, has been excused from that case after citing "an impasse" and "irreconcilable differences" between attorney and client.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
I don't think there is ANY coincidence that Siovaughn is dragging this out through a summer in which Dwyane will sign a max contract.

Not saying DWade is without fault. But there's plenty of fault on the other side as well.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
His ex is entitled to be bitter and angry. She's not entitled to wrongfully accuse her ex husband of giving her V.D., or whatever she claimed he passed along to her.

She's obviously getting her money already. Unfortunately, she's too stupid to realize that her lawyers see dollar signs and are taking her for a ride by convincing her to continue to file ridiculous claims.

This is the part that makes me think that his ex is just throwing out allegations. She was adamant that he gave her an STD and he denied it and got tested and it proved not true. I think she later admitted she cheated on him too and got it from someone else. Also, didn't she admit to buying a motorcycle and something else for the guy she was cheating on D-Wade with.

I don't think D-Wade is completely innocent in this, but I also don't think that his ex was just sitting at home with the kids while D-Wade was out cheating on her and partying it up like crazy. Also, I agree that the fact that this is stretched out to his free agent summer should say a lot.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »
Siohvaughn just wants her 15 minutes of fame......women

feedback