collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre needs surgery on ankle...  (Read 5531 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Favre needs surgery on ankle...
« on: April 30, 2010, 01:09:18 PM »
In an e-mail to Werder, Favre said this decision will be a tough one. "To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected," Favre said. "This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years.''

Brett equating the greatness of one year in Minnesota with all his time in Green Bey... which makes sense.  Hopefully Favre comes back for one more year with the Consensus.  Otherwise, we might only win the division by a game or two.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/92507269.html
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Favre needs surgery on ankle...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Who cares? Isn't it time for him to wander off in the sunset? Happy trails.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »
In an e-mail to Werder, Favre said this decision will be a tough one. "To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected," Favre said. "This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years.''

Brett equating the greatness of one year in Minnesota with all his time in Green Bey... which makes sense.  

Which one are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJ_K4Mlt4w

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »

Which one are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJ_K4Mlt4w
HAHA! Winner.  He's the "Oh my F*CK, TACKLE HIM!" dude, by the way.

Also, Jay Bee created a video for us, documenting his football fandom life.  Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMDrCT3LV08

Consensus (worst NFL franchise in history).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMs4FSW9xuQ&feature=related
This is fun.

I'm glad I  know what it feels like to have this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BClqFqGWbzM
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:03:50 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 01:41:45 PM »
See, I read Brett's comments to mean that his year in minny was such a drag and difficult that it felt like 10.   Potato-potahto.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 01:58:04 PM »
See, I read Brett's comments to mean that his year in minny was such a drag and difficult that it felt like 10.   Potato-potahto.

That's how I read it too.  He felt last year was like 10, just like his last several in GB. I guess reading comprehension must not be a real strong suit of Minnesotans.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »
He'll get his surgery and then be too busy "healing" that he won't be able to participate in training camp and the preseason.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »
 Otherwise, we might only win the division by a game or two.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/92507269.html

I'm confused, are you saying the packers will only win by a game or two if he does come back or doesn't?
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
That's how I read it too.  He felt last year was like 10, just like his last several in GB. I guess reading comprehension must not be a real strong suit of Minnesotans.

Green and yellow sunglasses, oh my! Objectively - not a packer or viking fan here - there's no conceivable way that was what he was conveying, humorous though, bitter maybe.
Let the drama begin on the Favre speculation, again.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »
Green and yellow sunglasses, oh my! Objectively - not a packer or viking fan here - there's no conceivable way that was what he was conveying, humorous though, bitter maybe.
Pretty sure he's essentially saying he's getting old and got knocked around quite a bit, so it seemed like 10 seasons in 1, a long, tiring, punishing season.  The purple and yellow glasses were also on in this thread.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »
Grandpa needs to hang them up!  Is there anyone who really cares anymore about this guy, besides Minnesota fans.  He is a drama queen and needs to disappear from the game.  I am sick of hearing about him.

chrisvondra

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:04:16 PM »

Please explain what he meant then.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »
I'm a Packer fan who does not like Favre, but I think he was paying a compliment. He said the reason it was a tough decision for him was because he enjoyed the people around him and one year felt like 10, like in GB. I guess I looked at it as sometimes when you are part of something you enjoy, time can kind of stand still and it might seem like a long time because you are so emotionally involved in it.  He said that he felt like he belonged and his heart missed that. I think he thoroughly enjoyed his year in Minnesota, and he was paying a compliment to them and the Packers. Trust me I look for every opportunity to criticize Favre because I think he tried to make the Packers look bad and he didn't handle it well (granted Thompson could have handled it better too).

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 01:22:37 AM »
Pretty sure he's essentially saying he's getting old and got knocked around quite a bit, so it seemed like 10 seasons in 1, a long, tiring, punishing season.  The purple and yellow glasses were also on in this thread.
Thats partially how I interpreted it too, I mean the guy is old. I think Favre was just saying it was an enjoyable season (as many of his season in GB were) but that it was a grind, as an NFL season can be for a 40 year old. I think Favre is happy where he is, and will undoubtedly come back if his health allows him. One poster responded saying the season was a "drag". Not sure what that means, but it sounds like a pissed off packer fan distorting the truth.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:29:01 AM by muhoosier260 »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 01:37:49 AM »
To be clear:

Favre gushes about his season with the Vikings and was saying that his one year in Minnesota was similar in importance to him as his several years in Green Bey.  The only 'reading comprehension issues' are those of the Grean Bay fans.  Go eat some more 'Frozen Tundra Ice Cream'.  

The Consensus = Vikings.  We will win the division, AGAIN, this season.  It's just a question of the number of games we win by.  #4 gives us a chance to win more games.  

I am excited to see Detroit potentially winning more than a couple of games this year...

'The window is closing' is dumb talk.  This is a dynasty.  SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 05:04:07 AM »
As long as he is having surgery, maybe he can get a personality transplant simultaneously.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 05:16:29 AM »
To be clear:

Favre gushes about his season with the Vikings and was saying that his one year in Minnesota was similar in importance to him as his several years in Green Bey.  The only 'reading comprehension issues' are those of the Grean Bay fans.  Go eat some more 'Frozen Tundra Ice Cream'.  

The Consensus = Vikings.  We will win the division, AGAIN, this season.  It's just a question of the number of games we win by.  #4 gives us a chance to win more games.  

I am excited to see Detroit potentially winning more than a couple of games this year...

Wow, queen fans are delusional. Go suck on your past super bowl rings.... Oh, wait....
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »
To be clear:

Does this mean the $50 division bet will be back on the table?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »
Does this mean the $50 division bet will be back on the table?

For you, certainly.  If you want to do that, let's enter into it now - I take the Vikings to win the NFC North (again), you take another team.  I will be a little scurred if Brett isn't back, but otherwise it's a walk in the park.  SKOL VIKINGS!

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 12:45:29 AM »
For you, certainly.  If you want to do that, let's enter into it now - I take the Vikings to win the NFC North (again), you take another team.  I will be a little scurred if Brett isn't back, but otherwise it's a walk in the park.  SKOL VIKINGS!

Game on.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »

Don't you have to win a super bowl... or wait, multiple super bowls for it to be a dynasty?

Anyone remember the Buffalo Bills 'dynasty' of the early 90s?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
Don't you have to win a super bowl... or wait, multiple super bowls for it to be a dynasty?

Anyone remember the Buffalo Bills 'dynasty' of the early 90s?

The current Vikings' dynasty doesn't hold a candle to the Favre-led Packers' dynasty of the mid-90s.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »
The current Vikings' dynasty doesn't hold a candle to the Favre-led Packers' dynasty of the mid-90s.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 'Queens didn't even make it to the Super Bowl last year. Or out of the first round thr year before. Dang what a dynasty. I know I speak for all Packers fans when I say that I'm extremely jealous of their 0 Super Bowl Championships. We should really model our franchise around the 'Queens. I don't know why everyone doesn't. I mean, even their stadium is top notch. Hopefully we can find the next Chilly. LOL!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 11:32:44 AM »
Vikings=Bills. More Super Bowl losses than any two other franchises.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »
Vikings=Bills. More Super Bowl losses than any two other franchises.

Jay Bee knows all this. He just loves the reaction. I theorize that it's his way of dulling the pain of another messed up Vikings season. He better hope the hillbilly decides to go through with the surgery, but maybe even Favre has used up his nine NFL lives.  They'll have a shot at a division title if he returns and is healthy, and even then it's no guarantee.

If Ron Wolf classified the Packers of the mid 90's, with six straight playoff appearances, three straight division titles, back to back Super Bowl appearances, and one championship as a "fart in the wind" due to their failure to string together back to back titles in SB XXXII, I wonder what he'd say about this so-called Vikings "dynasty".

feedback