[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cubs Tickets  (Read 1833 times)

jfmu

• Starter
Cubs Tickets
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »
I was planning on a trip to wrigley sometime this summer and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for seats?

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Cubs Tickets
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:47:57 AM »
If you are of legal drinking age, sit in the bleachers on a sunny afternoon game.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:29:15 AM »
If you are of legal drinking age, sit in the bleachers on a sunny afternoon game.

don't expect to watch most of the game if you do this.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »
don't expect to watch most of the game if you do this.

And expect to pay a lot for the ticket and get there early to line up outside the gate in order to get a decent seat.

Wrigley really isn't all that big so most of the non-bleacher seats are pretty good, IMO.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »
And expect to pay a lot for the ticket and get there early to line up outside the gate in order to get a decent seat.

Wrigley really isn't all that big so most of the non-bleacher seats are pretty good, IMO.

Im not really sure what you mean.  If you are there to watch baseball, bleachers are fun and fine.  Are there people just there to get wasted?  Absolutely, but you aren't going to be prevented from viewing if you want to.

Also, depends on when you are going.  I went to a Brewers-Cubs game on a beautiful Friday afternoon in August last year, got there 30 min before the game, and found a great spot.

Otherwise, look at a seating chart.  Most of the stadium has good sightlines.  Ive sat all over and never been disappointed, even when my ticket said "obstructed view", just meant that there was a pole 15 rows up that partially blocked a 2 foot wide area of left field.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
Im not really sure what you mean.  If you are there to watch baseball, bleachers are fun and fine.  Are there people just there to get wasted?  Absolutely, but you aren't going to be prevented from viewing if you want to.

Also, depends on when you are going.  I went to a Brewers-Cubs game on a beautiful Friday afternoon in August last year, got there 30 min before the game, and found a great spot.

Otherwise, look at a seating chart.  Most of the stadium has good sightlines.  Ive sat all over and never been disappointed, even when my ticket said "obstructed view", just meant that there was a pole 15 rows up that partially blocked a 2 foot wide area of left field.

The problem with sitting in the bleachers is that you are partially paying to be part of that crowd.  If you really want to watch the game, why bother paying extra to sit around and watch people act like fools and get tanked? 

Additionally, from what I have heard, the sight lines in Wrigley are some of the worst in baseball.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 11:26:10 AM »
If you aren't looking for the party atmosphere of the bleachers, I highly recommend the seats in the first few rows of the upper deck between home and either first or third base. Gives a great view of the whole park.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:28:02 PM »
I too would recommend the first few rows of upper deck.  Great view of field and the city.  Bleachers are overpriced and overrated, but it is something you should do atleast once though.
"We have the blues on the run!"

feedback