[Today at 12:47:11 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wardle Coach of UWGB  (Read 6162 times)

Knight Commission

• All American
Re: Wardle Coach of UWGB
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »
He has now positioned himself as the next coach of MU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 10:12:03 PM »
He has now positioned himself as the next coach of MU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My thoughts also. An alum has never coached the program to my knowledge.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »
Wasn't Majerus an alum?

swedishlumpyrudy

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
My thoughts also. An alum has never coached the program to my knowledge.

Majerus is a history major and proud grad. I don't know where he learned to soil a towel or eat pizza naked, though.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »
From:  http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100415/GPG020101/100415160

New coaching staff

Wardle hasn’t named any assistant coaches yet, but the first one expected to be hired is former Marquette teammate Brian Barone.

Barone has spent the last two seasons as Indiana’s director of operations/video coordinator under Tom Crean. He had the same job under Crean at Marquette for one season after spending four years as an assistant coach at Illinois State.

Barone played for his father, Tony, for two seasons at Texas A&M before transferring to Marquette. Tony Barone also coached at Creighton and for the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies.

Wardle is also exploring the possibility of hiring an assistant with head coaching experience. One possibility is former Marquette coach Mike Deane, who was recently fired by Wagner.

Another spot could go to North Dakota assistant Jimmie Foster, a Milwaukee native.

He will also be the youngest D-I coach.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

swedishlumpyrudy

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »
Wardle hasn’t named any assistant coaches yet, but the first one expected to be hired is former Marquette teammate Brian Barone.

Barone has spent the last two seasons as Indiana’s director of operations/video coordinator under Tom Crean.

Are you suggesting someone would be foolish enough to leave the hallowed halls of It's Indiana for a Horizon League school?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »
Are you suggesting someone would be foolish enough to leave the hallowed halls of It's Indiana for a Horizon League school?

Nope, but Rob Demovsky thinks it is a possibility, as quoted from the article.  He also suggested Mike Deane.

I'd guess that assistant coach >>> than video coordinator for Barone's career.  Just about anywhere.  Good for Barone if Wardle hires him. 

And if they were to somehow (for some reason) get Deane - that would be an interesting coaching staff coaching against us. 

(If you want to turn this into an IU/Crean bash fest - watch the press conference where he thanks Crean.  I'm sure everyone is dying for an opportunity to spout their feelings about that topic.)
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 11:42:30 PM »

(If you want to turn this into an IU/Crean bash fest - watch the press conference where he thanks Crean.  I'm sure everyone is dying for an opportunity to spout their feelings about that topic.)

Well there goes any congratulations I ever had for him.

Honestly though I'm happy he got the job. He was on MU for the first game I ever went to and was my first favorite player. Also, I went to an MU bball camp and he was running it because Crean was coaching a US team. He had a great passion for what he was doing and made it very fun. I think he'll do great and I could see why he would be a good recruiter. Also doesn't he have a reputation for being a good shooting coach? I thought I saw somewhere that UWGB's shooting jumped a bunch and it had a large part to do with him. It might have been in one of those like top assistant lists or something.

MikeyT42

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 08:33:51 AM »
UWSP Grad Jason Kalsow went with Tod to Toledo. After one season on his bench he is now his top assistant

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 08:36:18 AM »
Well there goes any congratulations I ever had for him.

Honestly though I'm happy he got the job. He was on MU for the first game I ever went to and was my first favorite player. Also, I went to an MU bball camp and he was running it because Crean was coaching a US team. He had a great passion for what he was doing and made it very fun. I think he'll do great and I could see why he would be a good recruiter. Also doesn't he have a reputation for being a good shooting coach? I thought I saw somewhere that UWGB's shooting jumped a bunch and it had a large part to do with him. It might have been in one of those like top assistant lists or something.

Wardle could shoot the lights out, so if he knew how to teach I can imagine that helped a bit.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
Majerus is a history major and proud grad. I don't know where he learned to soil a towel or eat pizza naked, though.

Frat parties?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 03:26:09 PM »
speaking of the mIke Deane coaching tree....Mike Rice coached under Deane at MU, I remeber him at Mu in the mid to late 90's. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »
From:  http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100415/GPG020101/100415160

He will also be the youngest D-I coach.

Good call.  Congrats to Brian Barone on his new Assistant Coach job at UWGB! :)

http://www.wtaq.com/news/articles/2010/apr/20/brian-hires-brian/

feedback