Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dieng - "I'm 80% Louisville"  (Read 8413 times)

goldeneagles43

• Walk-On
Dieng - "I'm 80% Louisville"
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
Just saw hes pretty much a lock to Louisville. He is best friends with Louisville commit Justin Coleman so I guess that sealed it. Any other 2010 bigs?

Doctor V

• All American
Re: Dieng - "I'm 80% Louisville"
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:12:21 PM »
Well there goes the best name of the bunch... It'll be extremely difficult to root against george-ee

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:21:58 PM »
link?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

goldeneagles43

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »
Sorry, no link. Here in Louisville they were interviewing the players participating in the Derby Festival Classic and that was his response in the interview.

KonaWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »
Is it possible to de-commit even if you are only 80% committed?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
Is it possible to de-commit even if you are only 80% committed?

He must play a lot of EA March Madness.  How are you 80% committed?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »
He and Coleman are pretty much a package deal.  When Coleman committed to UL, it was presumed that Dieng wouldnt be far behind...it has taken awhile though...

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 08:47:28 PM »
He and Coleman are pretty much a package deal.  When Coleman committed to UL, it was presumed that Dieng wouldnt be far behind...it has taken awhile though...

wow to bad coleman did not follow thru on his "soft" verbal to MU

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
Just saw hes pretty much a lock to Louisville. He is best friends with Louisville commit Justin Coleman so I guess that sealed it. Any other 2010 bigs?
That's too bad would've been nice to see him in a MU uniform next year.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »
I would have taken him over Cothron.  He's more of a center type.  I think we really could have used his shot blocking and rebounding.  That said, I won't be crying if we can whisk Cothron away form the 'bama schools.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 10:24:02 PM »

When Coleman was talking MU, in the fall, I believe, I recall seeing that we were the only school he was being mentioned with.  That is VERY unusual for a recruit of his caliber prior to a school at least getting a verbal.  Every time that I've seen that with MU (I'm only talking about highly ranked guys here), its always turned out that I don't hear anything for a while and then the guy either goes the prep route or ends up somewhere like Louisville.  My read (based entirely on speculation), is that Buzz couldn't get Coleman admitted.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »
Well there goes the best name of the bunch... It'll be extremely difficult to root against george-ee
If he's in a Louisville uniform?  It won't be very difficult to root against him at all.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »
I thought he was 100% Senegalese?
SS Marquette

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 06:44:16 AM »
He heard that the Coach likes to bang chicks on restaraunt tables and wants the same benefit. That has not yet been promised to him which explains the 80%

What a great recruiting incentive!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

goldeneagles43

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 11:57:17 PM »
Man I hope we can steal Gorgui away from them. I watched him play tonight at the Derby Festival Classic and he was probably the most impressive guy there. Top 3 players were probably Ray McCallum, Gorgui Dieng, and Justin Coleman. He is a big man who is an amazing shot blocker, has fantastic feet, and runs the court about as good for a big guy as I have ever seen. This guy has 5* potential and has a sky high ceiling. Go get him Buzz!

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 12:24:13 AM »
I don't understand why none of these guys cannot realize that the chances of them starting or getting extremely high minutes as a freshman in the Big East are extremely high!

VwArrior1

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
Apparently he is taking 2 visits this week then deciding.  Does anyone know if one of those visits is to MU?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 06:34:08 PM »
Yep..and Colorado or Nebraska or some state out there.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »
has anyone read the scout article on him/  can you paraphrase it?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »
Via:  http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/2010/04/weekly_recruiting_roundup_124.html

• The Terps could still be in the running for Huntington (W.Va.) Prep center Gorgui Dieng, according to the Charleston Gazette.

But Dieng isn't expected to sign with anybody today. Huntington Prep coach Rob Fulford said he is preparing to play in an AAU tournament in Denver, and will take one official visit to Marquette and one to Maryland or Wake Forest. A decision is expected in perhaps a week and a half.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 12:38:29 PM »
It sounds like the Colorado visit is off which makes the possible Wake Forest visit make sense.  With Bzdelik moving to Wake, Dieng or his coach must have liked Bzdelik.  I like that Dieng's visit to MU will come after some time has passed since the Louisville visit so he'll have had time to get over the initial excitement of that visit and put it into perspective.  Since he's not sure whether he's going to visit Maryland or Wake, maybe he's not too committed to checking out that third school.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:01:28 PM by LittleMurs »

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 01:11:30 PM »
By my calculations, if we surgically remove the Louisville parts, he'll be a shade over 16 inches tall.

Would we still be interested in Dieng at this size?

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 01:19:12 PM »
By my calculations, if we surgically remove the Louisville parts, he'll be a shade over 16 inches tall.

Would we still be interested in Dieng at this size?

I don't see why not, Acker was about that size and he did well his Sr. year.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »
If it is within the rules, hopefully Ousmane gave him a call or a chat on Skype.  He'd be a good person since he could relate to Dieng by position and background.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »
If it is within the rules, hopefully Ousmane gave him a call or a chat on Skype.  He'd be a good person since he could relate to Dieng by position and background.

I found this pretty funny.

Senegal is a large country.

You know nothing of Barro's or Dieng's "background" except that they are from the same country.

bahahahhaa.

feedback