Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stevens Off To Oregon?  (Read 12387 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Stevens Off To Oregon?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »
What does" Indiana" look Like?

Someone unaffected by current fashion trends. I have family in Indiana and know from what I speak

Norm

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 07:05:04 PM »
There can be no finer example than this of why Butler will never "lock up" the talent in Indiana.
Why? Because I misspelled a guy's name? Don't quite follow that logic on that one.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »
Why? Because I misspelled a guy's name? Don't quite follow that logic on that one.

You seemed to get Howard and Hayward mixed up.  You meant Howard, but you wrote Haywood.  My point is they just in the national championship game, and college basketball fans (who certainly have known the name Butler all season) are just learning these guys names.  In other words, Butler is always going to have an exposure problem, at least while it remains in the Horizon League.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

DawsonCreekFillanderer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
I think the possibility of coaching in Indiana (specifically IU) is greater than coaching elsewhere. Next year he'll be the leading contender for the position.

Why should IU wait until next year? I think we all know the die has been cast down in Bloomington. The die has most certainly been cast.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Why should IU wait until next year? I think we all know the die has been cast down in Bloomington. The die has most certainly been cast.

I have to disagree.  Crean has got a year to pull Indiana out of its dive.  His best players are almost all going to be sophomores and juniors.  If the team takes another step forward next year, which they should, he'll have one half taken care of.  Then he has to get a few of the top players from Indiana's 2011 and 2012 classes which are very good.  If he gets embarrassed on the recruiting front, he's a dead duck.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Where can I get in on the action on Crean
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »
not trying to name drop, but Crean really got into it with his boss and some other staff members at the FF.  His leash just just got shorter.

Apparently, he is treating the AD staff like his personal servants, and they are not too happy.

The Lens

• All American
Re: Where can I get in on the action on Crean
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 11:57:45 AM »
not trying to name drop, but Crean really got into it with his boss and some other staff members at the FF.  His leash just just got shorter.

Apparently, he is treating the AD staff like his personal servants, and they are not too happy.

Par for the course with TC's behavior...the difference is it's tolerated when you're winning.

I don't think he realized how good he had it at MU.  He built up a lot of equity here, he has very little at IU.  Too bad.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

nyg

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 04:24:45 PM »
Gotta think Phil Knight makes a huge run at this dude.

Not this year or the next 12, because that is the duration of the new contract he just signed with Butler. 

Good for him and his family, seems like a perfect fit for the Butler community.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Purdue would/ probably should have had both of them.  Howard wanted to go, but they gave their last scholarship to Scott Martin.  Howard committed to Butler and one week later Purdue kicked Gordon Watt off of the team.  Hayward wanted to go to Purdue, but didn't want to sit behind Hummel and Martin for three years.  Both of Hayward's parents are Purdue grads.  Martin really screwed Purdue.

DavantesInferno

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/20808810?tag=headlines;other

While I know that no matter how long the contract extension is, the coach can still leave.  This looks like Stevens plans on staying at Butler a little longer.  I think that he will probably stay for another 3-5 years if he continues with the success he's been having recently.  Also, what is his "dream school"?  Like how Crean's is Michigan State and Charlie Weiss's was Notre Dame.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »
Assuming Stevens' character is better than Crean's. All indications seem to indicate that's the case, Butler probably doesn't have him locked up for 12 years. All contracts today have buyouts. A coach has nothing to lose by signing a deal. Wouldn't be shocking if Stevens is the next IU coach, would it?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 09:25:11 PM »
Doesn't look like he is going anywhere considering he just sighned a 12 year deal with Butler.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »
Doesn't look like he is going anywhere considering he just sighned a 12 year deal with Butler.

Thankfully Crean broke his long-term contract with MU.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »
Thankfully Crean broke his long-term contract with MU.

And that is why we all should show the man some love.  If he hadn't left, we'd have been stuck with him for quite some time!

Dawson Rental

• All American
Re: Where can I get in on the action on Crean
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:55 PM »

Wait a minute, you're saying that an athletic department that not too long ago was having to deal with "The Brat from Orrville", now is finding our Tommy insufferable?  Priceless.

feedback