Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaron Bowen  (Read 5779 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Aaron Bowen
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »
I believe I've seen that the key date is June 15th. I think it is understood that he will get his scholarship offer on that day which I think is the first day that he could by the NABC guidelines.

So he gets a schollie on June 15.  When can he sign a LOI?  November of his senior year, about 15 months later?  What if he disappoints his Junior year?  Has UNC (or Williams) ever rescinded a schollie because of poor play their junior year?

What I'm getting at ... he gets a schollie June 15 and says yes.  Is it over?  See Vander Blue about 12 months ago.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »
I believe a decision for Tokoto is still a long ways away...that is why I am not getting worked up over anything that happens.

It is still pretty early in the process, and things change in recruiting constantly.

Even if he commits early, he still cant sign until November of his SR year, and he will still get recruited if he commits early...so I dont see things really being done until he puts his name on the dotted line.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
So he gets a schollie on June 15.  When can he sign a LOI?  November of his senior year, about 15 months later?  What if he disappoints his Junior year?  Has UNC (or Williams) ever rescinded a schollie because of poor play their junior year?

What I'm getting at ... he gets a schollie June 15 and says yes.  Is it over?  See Vander Blue about 12 months ago.

I didn't mean that he would commit that day, just that is when the scholarship offer would come. I think he is going to take his time. I might have read that he would wait until after his junior year. Don't quote me on it, just something I might have read, but anyways we saw with Wilson that can always change, but I think there is a fair amount of time before he makes a commitment.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 05:17:15 PM »
Flavian Davis was considered the #1 recruit in WI during or after his sophomore year.   He ended up at Loyola.  I'm not saying it will happen.  I'm just sayin', it's really early in the game.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »
If Buzz lands some solid bigs, Tokoto could be a part of something really, really special at Marquette given the talent we have coming in (assuming he is as good as advertised of course).  Maybe he as always liked the ACC or wants to get away from home like many college kids do, but he could be part of a great Marquette team if he wants to stay close to his family.

It's not like he is either choosing between an elite school like UNC or Duke or a local high major where he comes in and is the go-to guy right away.  I would guess that someone like a Harrison Barnes (UNC's # 1 recruit who grew up in Iowa) at least considered Iowa or Iowa State (and maybe Northern Iowa) before choosing UNC.  There is a lot that goes into a decision, but going to Iowa or Iowa State and being so much better than your teammates might be discouraging.  There is something appealing about being a local hero, but dominating practice won't make you better and playing alone won't be any fun (see Mike Rosario). 

MU a great situation for Tokoto to be in potentially.  I hope he realizes that and gives Marquette a good look.  EWill and Jones would be good matchups for him in practice and he would have a ton of talent around him in the games.