[Today at 12:33:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: GOODNESS!!!!!!!  (Read 5237 times)

timinatorx3

• Starter
GOODNESS!!!!!!!
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:33:12 PM »
oh my goodness.... I feel like standing on I-88 in front of free-flowing traffic and taking my chances.... Someone tell me why I shouldn't...

My heart bleeds oh so much...

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: GOODNESS!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:36:49 PM »
1)  DJO is only a junior next year.

2)  Vander Blue is coming to town.

3)  We'll be seeing the new Jordan-brand jersey next season, I believe.

4)  If you got hit, you'd be backing up traffic like a muthaunnatural carnal knowledgea, and I HATE it when traffic is backed up.

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
The emotional pain is almost unimaginable

krmscl1

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:19 PM »
because if you go to the game next year you'll still be able to hear "jimmy butlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

and next year we reveal the full court 1-3-Mbao defense which takes the Big East by storm.

furthermore, you can sleep happily tonight knowing that we actually put up a shot attempt at the last second

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »
when will I get a full night's sleep again

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:43:36 PM »
because if you go to the game next year you'll still be able to hear "jimmy butlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

and next year we reveal the full court 1-3-Mbao defense which takes the Big East by storm.

furthermore, you can sleep happily tonight knowing that we actually put up a shot attempt at the last second

Baby steps...

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:43:46 PM »
agree with most of those points but jimmy butler,

all he did tonight was show how soft he is both on offense and defense,,,,, prove me wrong!    olay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »
I want to sleep w/ the fishes

ort5210

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »
Baby steps...

Its going to be a long time before I get a good night sleep

krmscl1

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »
is it a negative attitude or realistic that when they had the ball with 30s left i knew we were going to lose?

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »
someone just give me a hammer i will do the rest just make the pain of this one stop

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »
I think the real negative attitude is that when we were up 15 I knew the game wasn't ours.  This team over the past several years has a knack of not putting the other team away when they should.  Did anybody doubt when we were up 15 that UW would get the game within 3 before it was over?

This is not going to change until we can get a big defensive rebound.  Other teams can go inside for an easy basket from time to time and we can't.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »
Because ESPN is coming out with this new poll: the hardest team to be a fan of. Oh, and rumors are we number one.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 09:58:23 PM »
I think Jimmy has it pretty easy next year.  We are bringing in a lot of talent.  Buycks, DJO, Fulce, Erik Williams, Otule, Mbao and Cadougan all have a year under themselves.  Just feed the new guys the winning culture.  They have the talent.  Jimmy just has to play within himself.  Lazar had to carry quite a bit this year.  Next year I see things being spread a lot more.  GO MARQUETTE! The future is very bright!

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 10:00:09 PM »
just add it to the unrealistic real images of postseason collapse that make me lose a lot of sleep. Wow this hurts on a grand scale. I need someone to drive  me to the liquor store so I don't get a DUI on top of the incredibly painful loss....

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 10:01:43 PM »
I feel bad for DJO... you can tell he was chokin' it away... just droppin' passes out of bounds... welcome, DJO, it's just how it's gotta be...

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
Look what talent got us last year, though. We need something a little bit beyond talent to go deep in the tourny....A REAL BIG MAN!!!

Yes, I know Otule is back next year, but he's still a project. Let's get Mac out on the recruiting trails and find a big body who can score and make an impact

bedinger412

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »
marquette is trying to get big men. we have offers out to a center, who has a grade of 92 from scouts in, and to a center, who has a grade of 88.  we also have a couple good power forwards (grade 90 and 89) that are considering us.  we are fighting against fellow big east teams, like pitt, uconn, etc, for a couple of these guys. 

now i agree if marquette wants a strong shot at the big east championship we have to get a big guy.  but how do we go about doing that.  first we have to win big games, aka tournament game. no one wants to come to a team thats going to lose.  second, even more importantly, we need to commit to a system that will appreciate and feed the big man, which is not something that we have now.  and if we expect one of the bigger guys we're looking at now to come to marquette, we're kidding ourselves.  and to be honest i don't think with buzz we will ever be a team ready for a true big man ... buzz is obviously committed to a guard dominate lineup, considering our biggest signing was a shooting guard and two of our other three commits are guards.

and the "talent" that we have on the bench that are supposed to be our big men is a joke.  all i've ever seen us do to practice post moves is stand behind a guy in block and keep bumping him with a football blocking pad.  we don't have players good enough to be big men and we don't have a coaching staff that can coach them up to be good big men.

but alas i digress ... i can't wait until the brewers open and i run into some cubs fans in the parking lot

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
just how it's gotta be, no changin' it

JimmyLikesBasketball

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
3)  We'll be seeing the new Jordan-brand jersey next season, I believe.

Is there any weight to this, or just a guess? I like how we always seem to transition our unis.... The numbering for example is circa Novak days, wonder if we keep something and have it evolve.

Bring back urban-camo!!!!!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »
1)  DJO is only a junior next year.

WOW. I keep forgetting he has 2 years of eligibility left. He's going to be a special player. Lot's to look forward to guys.

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 11:23:22 PM »
Right... Almost as much to look forward to as when we lost my freshman year (same as the Big 3's) and those guys were going to accomplish "big things" in the NCAA's one day.... yup lots to look forward to

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 11:26:24 PM »
WOW. I keep forgetting he has 2 years of eligibility left. He's going to be a special player. Lot's to look forward to guys.

He needs to play both halves...something he rarely did this season.

krmscl1

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »
Right... Almost as much to look forward to as when we lost my freshman year (same as the Big 3's) and those guys were going to accomplish "big things" in the NCAA's one day.... yup lots to look forward to

The only thing we have to look forward to is hoping that DJO gets at least one put-back jam next year so we can see Buzz walk it out.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:48 AM »
even more importantly, we need to commit to a system that will appreciate and feed the big man, which is not something that we have now.  [...] and if we expect one of the bigger guys we're looking at now to come to marquette, we're kidding ourselves.  and to be honest i don't think with buzz we will ever be a team ready for a true big man

FWIW, we did better than GTown today, and they have a big man....last name of Monroe...not sure if you've ever heard of the guy.