[Today at 12:37:36 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by MUbiz
[Today at 09:44:26 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A legitimate thank you  (Read 5008 times)

WildBill77RT

• Scholarship Player
  • I know where the Superbar is
A legitimate thank you
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »
Even though I'm still red in the face, this team deserves one hell of a thank you from Marquette Nation.  With an emphasis to Lazar, David, and Maurice, what a tremendous ride you took us on when many expected a season no where as successful as you achieved.

I've never had a season where my heart has stopped and started so much, but it was all part of the experience that was 2009-2010 Marquette basketball.

THANK YOU!
\\\oo///

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: A legitimate thank you
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:19:07 PM »
It didn't end the way we wanted but they did take us on a hell of a ride. 

THANKS Lazar, David and Mo.

Best wishes and good luck wherever the future takes you.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
I concur..

Thanks for a great season guys!!!   You played your hearts out and WE ARE PROUD OF YOU.

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »
Even though I'm still red in the face, this team deserves one hell of a thank you from Marquette Nation.  With an emphasis to Lazar, David, and Maurice, what a tremendous ride you took us on when many expected a season no where as successful as you achieved.

I've never had a season where my heart has stopped and started so much, but it was all part of the experience that was 2009-2010 Marquette basketball.

THANK YOU!

+1

Thanks for the memories.

redddog13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
Never been prouder being a MU than this season.  Just an unfortunate way to end the season for all of the hard work they put out to get to where they did.

WildBill77RT

• Scholarship Player
  • I know where the Superbar is
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
Never been prouder being a MU than this season.  Just an unfortunate way to end the season for all of the hard work they put out to get to where they did.

I completely agree with this statement.  Even though I (and a large number of us) felt they were playing with house money, there is no such thing as house money when you have one shot at a college career.  Our boys our hurting right now, but they can come home with their heads held high.
\\\oo///

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:30:50 PM »

Yep.  +1.  This team worked so hard all year to give us one of the most exciting seasons in a loing time.  Thanks Lazar, Mo and Cubie - we would not have been in the tourney or anywhere near it woithout your efforts every single possession all year. THANKS and good luck to you in the future!  We'll miss you all.

Go Marquette!

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:32:38 PM »
This was a typical heartbreaker, but I know at the beginning of the season, the majority of the college basketball world including the majority of MUScoop did not foresee us even making it to the Dance.

The loss sucks, and it's another close heartbreaker, just like most of our close close losses, but God Bless It, it was a fun season to watch.

Everyone knew Lazar would lead our young men, but no one gave Maurice and David any credit.  Without either of them, we never would have made it this far.  Sure, they made mistakes and came up short (ba dum bum) at times, but the season would have been much uglier without them.

Next year, we are going to be nasssty.  DJO is only going to be a junior.

Next year is the beginning of a purely Buzz-recruited roster.  Yes, Buzz owes a crapton of his success so far as a head coach to the young Warriors Tom Crean left us with, but our team will grow, and Buzz will grow, and next year is the beginning of a new era.

WARRIORS FOREVER!

*side note*
Did the Big East Catholic teams not pray enough or something?!  At least we didn't get blown out like Georgetown, and well, no one cares about Notre Dame anyways, but Villanova barely made it outta there...they're my favorite team now left in the tournament.

JimmyLikesBasketball

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
I don't know if history will ever remember the sheer awesomeness of this season. We'll see 2010 on the banner that notes our NCAA appearances, but I had so much fun this season. I went into every game knowing that "I'm an idiot if I don't assume this will go down to the last second." We have such a tough and gritty team and if we can exude that in years to come, we have a lot to look forward to.

Thanks Zar, Coobie, and Mo!

Glocced and Loaded

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »
Thanks boys for the grittiest, guttiest season I have ever witnessed.  We were outmanned at every position all year and every team we played had to fight for every inch all over the floor.  Other than the Final Four I can't remember being a more proud fan of Marquette University.  Although I'm frustrated at the loss I will Ring Out Ahoya tonight. 

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »
3 memories:

1. lazar carrying three Missouri players for an and 1 in the tourney.  That play sognifys what it means to be a Warrior.  Leadership, character strength perseverance!

2. mo in bet against pitt making it rain

3. cooby shark face dance

You 3 have made this season better than I ever dreamed and I thank you!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »
buyrp

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:39 AM »
After I got home drowning my sorrows, I wanted to check out the chatter from Marquette fans.   I was disappointed to see so much negative talk. 
The reality is that we're all disappointed and heartbroken.  Most think we should have beaten that team.  You're probably right.  But I've never seen a team prove so many people wrong.  I've never seen a team out sized like this one.  Most importantly, I've never seen a team surprise our Marquette fans the way these guys did.  While we are all disappointed by the way it ended, I'm elated that I didn't miss a second of what was the most exciting season we've had in years.  I'm proud to be a Marquette alum...  I'm proud to have these great players, coaches and administration representing us in such a positive light.  Thank you Buzz, Lazar, Coobie and Acker. 
There's no reason to hang your or our heads.  It was a hell of a season.  Thank You.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 02:19:26 AM »

+1. I actually cried tonight. That's never happened after a Marquette game. I absolutely could not be prouder of the young men on this team. Couldn't ask for better representatives of our University.

Thank you, gentlemen, from the bottom of my blue-and-gold heart.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 02:25:50 AM »
The fact that this team delivered us to the tourney in itself was more than enough, I am extremely proud to be a Marquette Alum today.  Thank you to Lazar, Cooby and Mo for what you have done for Marquette Basketball and Marquette University as a whole.

LenBiasWindSprints

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 03:02:24 AM »

I actually cried tonight.

pretty pathetic, actually

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 08:56:39 AM »
You can talk about how a basketball program brings attention to the school, with Marquette investing millions into this big media-driven PR machine and all that, and how playing the game at this level elevates the school.  But what good would it be if success were gained at the expense of integrity and character?  With Buzz, we're enjoying both.  I'm proud of the guys representing our school.  I'm glad that Buzz emphasizes character, because I think it's the character of this team that has brought the Marquette community together this year.  This is has been a special season, and a special team for what they've been able to accomplish.  I join those on this board who stand up and applaud. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 09:11:04 AM »
It was an extremely fun and enjoyable year that far exceeded any realistic expectations. Despite the loss, I also thought it was cool that all three seniors were absolutely on display last night. Unfortunately a 5-8 PG, and 6-5 C cannot do it by themselves against a team like UW. A little better performance from buys like Bulter or DJO, and that one goes the other way, and we are playing next weekend. Still and all, I'll take it. They took what appeared to be a down, rebuilding year and turned themselves into a Top 25-30 team in the country. Pretty sure you can't ask for much more than that.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 09:35:53 AM »

+1. I actually cried tonight.

I don't think it is pathetic at all. If you followed this team all year and went through all those close games and saw how those guys left all out there, then you can not help but have emotion. If you don't you are either not human or really aren't a huge follower. I also teared up a little. Can't remember a more exciting and impressive season as this one.

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
Thank you, boys. I am so proud of you. I will always remember how hard you worked...some of my favorite memories of this year...old spice, georgetown and cube 6/6, the amazing three ot road trip, smackdown of louisville, and the sweeet nova victory in the beast tournament. THANK YOU!!!!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 10:19:10 AM »

You're entitled to your opinion.

Classof83

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
The first TV shot of the San Jose stadium showed large blocks of open seats. The place must have filled up later because the crowd noise became a factor and quickly turned in favor of the PAC-10. Nevertheless, when this game was tied at 41 just before the half, I could clearly hear the chant: We ARE Marquette! That moment made my day.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
Thanks, especially to Mo and Cooby. Though they were in the dog house last year, they stuck it out. I am sure Buzz saw alot of himself in these two players and gave them a shot to shine. They may be the most undersized and least talented recruits to start on an MU squad, but none had bigger hearts.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
One can only hope this team knows how proud its alumni are of it. What a fun ride. :)

Hats off to Buzz, Mo, Lazar, Cooby, and everyone else who made this season one of the most memorable in recent years. Probably the most fun I've had following MU since the 2005-06 team. A team of Warriors.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

MUHoopsfan6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »
I love the guys on our team this season they played as hard as anyone could ask for.  I think Lazar, Coobie and Acker will go down as some of the best Senior leaders we have had in a long time.  These guys went through more adversity then I can remember an MU team experiencing and they really had an excellent season.  Thanks for all the hard work guys!   

feedback