Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NIT "talk"  (Read 1586 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

NIT "talk"
« on: February 20, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »
Some of the board are lording it over posters who were concerned about the possibility of missing the NCAAs. Obviously, it now looks like we're in after a great win last night.

I would just like to point out that some on this board are not the only ones who were concerned about missing the NCAAs.

The announce team last night shared a story about Crean asking the three guys if they thought we were definitely bound for the NCAA and the announcers, including Bilas and Raftery, said they were "likely" in, but a 6 game losing streak late in the season would not look good to the committee.

The talk on this board was not nonsensical in the least, especially considering our head coach had the same concerns.

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: NIT "talk"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »
Agree, PRN.  I was not even considering the possibility of the NIT until we lost to Louisville, a game I was pretty confident we were going to win going in.  We were only 2.5 point favorites last night and we're probably going to be underdogs the next two games, so a loss last night would have put us in serious jeopardy.  I don't think posters who were worried about the NIT were unjustified.  And I'll bet a couple of those who were "lording it over other posters" were concerned about the NIT themselves last night when we fell behind by 9 and looked pretty bad while doing it.

Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: NIT "talk"
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »
Coaches will worry...the announcers also said, all three of them, that Marquette was in.

No one knows if Crean was saying it jokingly or seriously, etc.  The point is, when there are 3 games left PLUS the Big East tournament adn people are saying we're bound for the NIT...please, come back from the ledge.

Lots of golf left and there is still a lot of golf left.