[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favorite St Patrick Day story  (Read 2158 times)

tower912

• All American
Favorite St Patrick Day story
« on: March 17, 2010, 07:47:20 AM »
Freshman year, on the Sunday with everybody returning from spring break.    MU is in the NIT vs Indiana in Bloomington.    Goes to overtime.   Officiating is brutal and MU finishes the game with 4 players on the floor, including the immortal Willie Hines.   Pat Foley is our center for the last 3 minutes.   Of course, he might be the center on this year's team, so WTH.   Proceed to set a personal best for intoxication but somehow still make it to History 101 with Father Donnelly despite being still half drunk and so hungover that I get motion sick coming down in the elevator at McCormick and have to go puke in the bathroom off of the lobby.    Ahhhhh, memories.   Sort of.    Blackouts the night before, so can you really remember the blackouts?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Favorite St Patrick Day story
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:49:10 AM »
Sr. year (2002) 9am accounting class...  Young man passed out next to me and the teacher handed out markers to let others draw on his face.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:59:47 AM »
Senior year, 1983.  Our BBall team made the intramural playoffs.  Game scheduled for 9:30 pm on St.Paddy's day.  We all went to O'D's to "warm up" for the game.  Although we were pretty sloppy by game time, our opponents were trashed and we advanced.  The post-game at O'D's was a lotta fun.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:02:52 AM »
Freshman year, on the Sunday with everybody returning from spring break.    MU is in the NIT vs Indiana in Bloomington.    Goes to overtime.   Officiating is brutal and MU finishes the game with 4 players on the floor, including the immortal Willie Hines.   

That isn't the same Willie Hines that's on the Milwaukee Common Council is it?

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »
Sophmore year (2005), after openning O'Danny's we took a cab back to Schroeder to get lunch and "go to class". I got out of the cab and was certain that I had the ability to "Dukes of Hazzard" across the roof (not the hood) of a car. My friends bet me I couldnt. With testosterone and beer flowing, I got a running start, jumped and got my ass on the roof of the car. I didnt get my legs up enough. My knee went right into the top of the door and roof and I, ungracefully, tumbled across the roof and landed on the ground on the other side of the car- ass first. I got up quickly, walked it off and went into the cafeteria. Apparently my friends I were sizing up the car and calculating the odds of me making it long enough that we drew the attention of most of the cafeteria. Throughout lunch, people kept approaching me saying, "I thought you had it." My entire knee, much like my liver, was bruised for the next few days.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:19:43 AM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Warrior97

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
Junior year I awoke to find my roommate passed out in the living room.  He was dressed as a leprechaun and his face was on top of the pizza I had put in the oven the night before.  I had passed out soon after putting the pizza in the oven and to our luck he arrived home shortly after to find a slightly burnt pizza as a welcome present in the oven.  He proceeded to take two bites out of the side of the 14" pizza and then fell asleep directly on top.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »
Hegarty's had a St. Pat's party the Saturday after the 17th in 2007. My buddy and I arrived with the bartenders at 7:00am for an 8:00am open. Around 2:00pm, Erik the Bartender let me pass out, locked in the back bar until about 6:00pm. Woke up when the free corned beef and cabbage arrived to finish off the night.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 12:53:17 AM »
I just spent all day in a Seattle bar proudly sporting my marquette sweatshirt. I got more than a few comments.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 08:14:08 AM »
Senior year, 1983.  Our BBall team made the intramural playoffs.  Game scheduled for 9:30 pm on St.Paddy's day.  We all went to O'D's to "warm up" for the game.  Although we were pretty sloppy by game time, our opponents were trashed and we advanced.  The post-game at O'D's was a lotta fun.

I think you played our team, but I can't remember after 8PM
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
I think you played our team, but I can't remember after 8PM

Haha!  We went to the Rec Center fully expecting to get annihilated.  Thanks to you guys, the annihilation didn't come until we got back to O'D's!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.