[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tokoto celebrates with MU!!  (Read 4846 times)

WxWarrior

• Scholarship Player
Tokoto celebrates with MU!!
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:05:19 AM »
He was at The Annex for the viewing party with the team and his family!!! 

Come on Buzz, work some magic... keep this great kid (and athlete) in state.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
Re: Tokoto celebrates with MU!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »
Interesting. Hope it means something!

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:38:41 AM »
If MU goes to sweet sixteen or farther, 2011 class will be a monster class... and he'll probably be part of it. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »
Oh man oh man oh man oh man!!!!  :o

Any pictures?!?!?
SS Marquette

boyonthedock

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:54:32 AM »
Does he love his mom? like watching MU hoops? cuz this kid has visited kentucky and roy williams has come out to milwaukee to see him. He sounds phenomenal, but the heavy hitters are already in play. Hope buzz can outwork them.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:13:06 AM »
Roy Williams is going all in for him like he did for Harrison Barnes. I will be very surprised if he doesn't commit to UNC shortly after he is offered which will be after June 15th.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 06:15:33 AM »
He was at The Annex for the viewing party with the team and his family!!! 

Come on Buzz, work some magic... keep this great kid (and athlete) in state.

At this year, if he wanted to see what it was like to have your school name called, it wasn't going to be in Chapel Hill :)

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:37:42 AM »
per Rosiak:

'One final note: Menomonee Falls sophomore star J.P. Tokoto was in attendance at the viewing party, along with the rest of his family.'

due to proximity?
interest?
obligation?

good move by Buzz in trying to get this lad swept up in Warrior fever regardless.

we'll see!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 07:10:05 AM »
I still believe that we should have the advantage for any kid in our backyard over UNC. We cannot just blindly accept that if UNC offers thye kid, we have no chance.

Buzz should be selling the kid on the fact that we have playing time and are in the dance--UNC has little playing time behind their usual 4 or 5 All Americans, and they are out of the dance.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »
I still believe that we should have the advantage for any kid in our backyard over UNC. We cannot just blindly accept that if UNC offers thye kid, we have no chance.

Buzz should be selling the kid on the fact that we have playing time and are in the dance--UNC has little playing time behind their usual 4 or 5 All Americans, and they are out of the dance.

Nor should we simply expect the most touted recruit WI has seen in many years to simply come to MU because we have playing time and are in the dance.  You're dead wrong if you don't think there was playing time to be had an UNC this year.  You can't have it both ways...if they're struggling, they need players...  If the only thing Buzz is selling is the idea that we have playing time and are in the dance we'll never get the kid.  I'm sure MU is working hard on getting this kid, and I'm sure Buzz isn't interested in "blindly accepting" anything, but your numerous posts on recruiting are unrealistic.  Especially if you think all we need is playing time and ticket to the dance.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »

In other words, Buzz should be telling one of the best players in America that he's not good enough to get minutes at UNC and therefore should play at MU instead?

I agree that some players might be swayed by such an argument, but Tokoto is not one of them.  He's going to get his minutes wherever he plays.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 07:51:40 AM »
If MU goes to sweet sixteen or farther, 2011 class will be a monster class... and he'll probably be part of it. 

First of all, he's 2012.  Second, no recruit is going to base their decision on whether or not we make the Sweet 16 this year.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 08:16:21 AM »
Im see--so based on the comments, we should continue to accept that because it is UNC and because Tokoto is good, we should realize that it is automatic that the kid will go to UNC.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 08:39:05 AM »
per Rosiak:

'One final note: Menomonee Falls sophomore star J.P. Tokoto was in attendance at the viewing party, along with the rest of his family.'

due to proximity?
interest?
obligation?

Duh...food.  The Annex Burger is to die for!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 08:41:55 AM »
It makes perfect sense that JP was invited.  It also makes perfect sense that he attended.  It also makes perfect sense that his attendance is not indicative of his eventual choice.

JP is enjoying the ride... good for him.  Attend all the events you can, see all the schools interested in you, talk to as many people as possible.  When JP makes his decision, it will be the right choice for him and his family.  Be that UNC, MU or otherwise.

I hope he stays close to home (by close I mean within 20 miles), but certainly won't fault him if he decides to go elsewhere - including either UW.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 09:24:42 AM »
He's already a Warrior.

Ht: 6-6 Wt: 190
Position:  SF 
Year:  Class of 2012
AAU Team:  Wisconsin Playground Warriors
High School:  Menomonee Falls HS
(Menomonee Falls, WI)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »
Tokoto and Lomomba I believe are good friends, since they both play on the same AAU team.

Those who have seen their aau team in action have had little to complain about, as many have stated that these two together are the best 1-2 punch they have ever seen, and some of these individuals have seen some very good basketball.

If in 2012 we can get Tokoto AND Lomomba(Soph phenom from Madison Memorial - a MU pipeline)    ... watch out.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 09:42:49 AM »
At the very least, it is a positive JP was at the event - which at least indicates we are in the running, as are probably 5-7 other teams at this point.  Buzz has said he will get good players at Marquette - so no reason to think we can't get JP.  Our program is on the rise.  Once concern I have is negative recruiting against MU, with respect to the future of the Big East.  Lots of chatter out there about the conference being broken up.

Lastly, could Vander Blue be a key player in Tokoto's recruitment, via Vander's association with Junior Lomomba, and Lomomba and Tokoto being tight?  Buzz is going to have some "coaching capital" to sell, now that this year's MU team is going to the tourney.  We saw Trevor Mbwake post the other day something to the effect of:  Buzz, you kept Marquette relevant, makes me wonder if I made the right decision."
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

bma725

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 10:24:17 AM »
Tokoto and Lomomba I believe are good friends, since they both play on the same AAU team.

Those who have seen their aau team in action have had little to complain about, as many have stated that these two together are the best 1-2 punch they have ever seen, and some of these individuals have seen some very good basketball.

You must be confusing something here, they aren't teammates.  Lomomba is part of the the Wisconsin Force/Gators Elite AAU team that is run by Hennssy Auriantal.  Tokoto plays for the Wisconsin Playground Warriors.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »
You must be confusing something here, they aren't teammates.  Lomomba is part of the the Wisconsin Force/Gators Elite AAU team that is run by Hennssy Auriantal.  Tokoto plays for the Wisconsin Playground Warriors.

bma...did the issues with Maymon hurt our relationship with Auriantal?  Or was he just playing the "good soldier" for his dad through that process.