Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJ  (Read 1889 times)

MUCam

• All American
DJ
« on: February 19, 2007, 08:24:36 PM »
I thought DJ had a decent-to-good second straight game. Still taking too many threes, but at least today's threes were not momentum killing threes. When DJ plays within himself, the rest of the team plays better.

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
Re: DJ
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »
He had a good game tonight.  He is starting to let the game come to him more instead of forcing stupidity.

zener_diode

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:31:13 PM »
Maybe some scouts mentioned to him that the previous approach was sinking his draft prospects.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
I was glad the ESPN announcers mentioned how awesome James defense has been of late.  But then Ozmetal probably already knew that and just had failed to mention it.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 08:47:57 PM »
First of all... big props to DJ, Wes, & Lazar tonight!!

I've been hard on DJ this season but he is really the guy that is going to make this team special.  We can be a decent team without him but he's the person that makes this team special.  I've got to give him props on a great game with 18 pts.  Let's hope his shot is back and then let's enjoy the ride.  I predict he's gonna have a huge game on his return to his home State this weekend.

I also think Wes had a great game... 16 pts (12-12 from FT) and 7 rebounds.  We need more games like this from him.

Lazar had some great putbacks and his two 3's were big.  He really kept us in the game in the first half.  18 pts & 4 rebounds.

Jerel was Jerel tonight... some bad to's but also some great drives and baskets.  15 pts & 7 rebounds.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:15:20 AM »
Jerel is Jerel

Jerel is the man.

He is the soul of MU right now.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
A few things.

DJ played great yesterday.  He didn't force any shots.  He took his 3's within the flow of the offense, the only flaw was he didn't make more of them

I agree that McNeal is the heart of the team. He is so tough and relentless.  I think he has played his best ball of late.

Wes played much better yesterday.  Did he miss his first 30 fts this season?  He seems like he's made all of them in the last 15 games, the notable exception being the late one he missed against L-ville.

Great to see Hayward have his breakout game last night.  It reminded me of Novak his freshman year who finally asserted himself against DePaul in January of that year.  Hopefully Hayward can build off this and find consistency.  Great scoring touch around the basket.

Cubillan also played well.  Overall, a great win.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

feedback