Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Well this win should do the following:  (Read 4183 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Well this win should do the following:
« on: February 19, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »
End the B.S. NIT talk.  Even if we lost the next 3 (first game in the Big East tournament) that would make us 4-6 in our last 10...not great but that won't kill us.

End the "this team sucks" comments by 2 or 3 guys that only (shocking) come here when we lose

End the "this team can't teach free throws"....hey, at the end of the day you have to make them.  If you're good enough to make 90% for three games, you're good enough to be a 70% team all year.  Players have to make them.

End the "worst debacle in 90 years of MU hoops"....good Lord where do I start with that one.  Get a media guide out, do some research.

Etc, etc

22 wins, at worst 9-7 in the Big East and a RPI virtually guaranteed to be in the top 37 which means we are going dancing....all while playing with 3 sophomores and one freshman as starters and our "Experienced Junior" having basically not even played high school basketball.

Get off the ledge people...and the 3 or 4 of you that do nothing but come here when we lose...what is wrong with you?  We get you hate Crean, we get all that...is that really the only motivation.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:21:38 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
The win was huge
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:25:11 PM »
We must have been shooting FT's all day long yesterday.  I thought that the team was much more focused and got back to the basics of what led them to win eight games in a row in conference.

James had a MUCH better game....didn't take stupid shots, ran the offense well, and played smart.

McNeal's shot is getting better with each game.

Barro still hasn't remembered how to catch the ball, though.

Huge win....now we have some breathing room with two very hard games coming up.

zener_diode

• Walk-On
Re: Well this win should do the following:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:29:02 PM »
Yes, the players have to hit the FTs. 

This team does suck when they aren't playing aggressive (i.e. prevent offense, play not to lose, etc).

Saturday wasn't the worst debacle in 90 years, or even 4 years (that would be western michigan NIT game).  But it was still a terrible meltdown, due to a combination of inept coaching down the stretch and players not executing at the FT line.

Losses to DPU and UL sting because in all likelihood we will lose one of the next two.  Our seed is not going to be that great.  It could easily be the difference between being bounced in the first game vs. making it to the second weekend.

Nice win tonight.  The players executed well, especially from the line.  Our inside game is still non-existant.  Can't see us making much noise in the tourney without improvement there and more consistent execution by the guards.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »
Chicos your posts are so patronizingly pathetic.  you always accuse me of hating Crean etc.  Go back and try to find a negative post of mine during the losing streak.  I realize your post therefore cannot be directed at me, but it is pathetic just the same.  

Oh, and Oz's comment that james did not take stupid shots...good one...must have taken stupid shots against loiusville...right?  

I think the only thing worse than the chicken littles are the ones that try to tell them what they should think.  Get a life.

Who did not think Chicos would be here soon after the buzzer telling everyone to "chill like me".  predictably pathetic.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »
I agree zener. Thank God Nova got in fould trouble. Of course so did UL, but they manages to pull it out.  Inside game is weak, Burke is absolutely terrible on the free throw line.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »
The Saturday loss had nothing to do with Bad coaching... it had to do with bad defense, three wasted trips to the line, and a huge traveling violation.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »
Chicos ~ one more thing ~ Great Senior Leadership tonight! Coming back from a tough loss. 
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 11:41:26 PM »
Yes, the players have to hit the FTs. 

This team does suck when they aren't playing aggressive (i.e. prevent offense, play not to lose, etc).

Saturday wasn't the worst debacle in 90 years, or even 4 years (that would be western michigan NIT game).  But it was still a terrible meltdown, due to a combination of inept coaching down the stretch and players not executing at the FT line.

Losses to DPU and UL sting because in all likelihood we will lose one of the next two.  Our seed is not going to be that great.  It could easily be the difference between being bounced in the first game vs. making it to the second weekend.

Nice win tonight.  The players executed well, especially from the line.  Our inside game is still non-existant.  Can't see us making much noise in the tourney without improvement there and more consistent execution by the guards.

You make it sound like losing to Louisville or at DePaul is some kind of crime.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 11:42:08 PM »
Chicos your posts are so patronizingly pathetic.  you always accuse me of hating Crean etc.  Go back and try to find a negative post of mine during the losing streak.  I realize your post therefore cannot be directed at me, but it is pathetic just the same. 

Oh, and Oz's comment that james did not take stupid shots...good one...must have taken stupid shots against loiusville...right? 

I think the only thing worse than the chicken littles are the ones that try to tell them what they should think.  Get a life.

Who did not think Chicos would be here soon after the buzzer telling everyone to "chill like me".  predictably pathetic.

Why all the self-guilt Harrison...I wasn't referring to you.  Self guilt is a crazy thing, eh Harry?

;D

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:35:42 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 11:43:01 PM »
Chicos ~ one more thing ~ Great Senior Leadership tonight! Coming back from a tough loss. 

I agree, Lott and Kinsella were the difference.   :D

Big Papi

• All American
Re: The win was huge
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 12:01:12 AM »
We must have been shooting FT's all day long yesterday.  I thought that the team was much more focused and got back to the basics of what led them to win eight games in a row in conference.

James had a MUCH better game....didn't take stupid shots, ran the offense well, and played smart.

McNeal's shot is getting better with each game.

Barro still hasn't remembered how to catch the ball, though.

Huge win....now we have some breathing room with two very hard games coming up.

Coach said guys were in the gym early Sunday morning.  Finished practice with free throws where they guys either needed to hit 80% out of 34 free throws or hit 7 in a row.  To a man they all hit 7 in a row before shooting 34 free throws.

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
A good win
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 07:37:01 AM »
I like how I compliment James and Harrison the turd chewer whines like a sissy.

James didn't take stupid shots in the Villanova game for the first time in about seven games.  He played very well.  Also, he did play a decent game against Louisville...I never said that he played poorly against UL.

Harrison is paranoid.  Chicos was referring to people who never post but come out of the woodwork after a loss and make idiotic comments like the UL game was the worst thing to happen in the history of MU basketball.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 08:34:21 AM »
James didn't take stupid shots in the Villanova game? He did play a decent game, but he took several ill advised shots, as did McNeal.

Great, great win though. Lazar is turning into a mini-Carmelo. He started it at Georgetown and continued it last night.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 08:52:39 AM »
 Oz you state you complimented James?  You said he did not take stupid shots.  I guess I must forgive you that is the closest you have ever come to complimenting James.  Any fool can harp on his obvious faults, but i have never seen you compliment him on the many good things he does.  It is sad, but given your daily display of absolutely zero basketball knowledge those are things you clearly miss.  Ignorance is bliss.

To Chicos:
Why all the self-guilt Harrison...I wasn't referring to you.  Self guilt is a crazy thing, eh Harry?

Self guilt...I have nothing to be guilty of as I previously stated.  I pre-qualified my statement knowing you would be on the offensive to anyone that had said anything, like a mother hen.  Are you actually a girl posing as a male basketball  fan? Seriously you really come across and give people the impression of being very feminine. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 09:40:23 AM »
Oz you state you complimented James?  You said he did not take stupid shots.  I guess I must forgive you that is the closest you have ever come to complimenting James.  Any fool can harp on his obvious faults, but i have never seen you compliment him on the many good things he does.  It is sad, but given your daily display of absolutely zero basketball knowledge those are things you clearly miss.  Ignorance is bliss.

To Chicos:

Self guilt...I have nothing to be guilty of as I previously stated.  I pre-qualified my statement knowing you would be on the offensive to anyone that had said anything, like a mother hen.  Are you actually a girl posing as a male basketball  fan? Seriously you really come across and give people the impression of being very feminine. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A comedian as well.  4th grade level to boot.

Well, since I wasn't referring to you and you immediately jumped down my throat, if that isn't self guilt on your part I don't know what is.

I was clearly referring to the people that only come here after a couple of losses.

You don't need any introduction or referencing, you stand alone all by yourself.

Have a terrific Indiana day.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
Ahem...Harrison...Chicos - This is what the private message button is for.  We don't all need to read the back and forth bickering.

Regards,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

tonyreeder

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 10:19:36 AM »
Just think how bad we would have beaten Villanova if everyone would have worn gold.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »
The NIT commentary was never "This team is going to the NIT."  It was "If the team keeps playing like this, NIT."  Or, specifically for myself, "The next 3-4 games are against tough teams we could lose to.  We go 0-3 and lose in the BET, we're Not In Tournament with an 8-8 BE record and a 7 game losing streak."  The logic there was pretty sound.

We beat Nova.  We're only playing for seeding now.

Virginia Warrior 77

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »
Well, rather than doing all this bickering about who is better at predicting what the selection committee will do, perhaps we should all just get behind the team as it goes to South Bend for an important and tough game against a hated arch rival.  This game is for 4th Place in the BE and I just love it when they beat ND (I still remember Doc Rivers' shot at the buzzer to beat a highly ranked ND team in the early 80's).  IMHO, this is an undersized, not very deep, and young team making a run for the top of the toughest conference - despite these limitations, TC has them playing all out and has a winning record in his first two seasons in the conference.  TC is building the program for the long-term and the recruiting will come around with continued success in the BE.  BEAT ND!

feedback