Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Time for Buycks to step up  (Read 1715 times)

tower912

• All American
Time for Buycks to step up
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »
Dwight has been off his game a little this week.   I had an upper respiratory infection at the same time he did, so I have complete sympathy for what one can do to your energy and stamina.   He just hasn't looked that comfortable on either offense or defense the last two days.   I look for him to break through and get double digit points this evening.   He will be the x-factor that pushes over the top against G-town.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lab_warrior

• All American
Re: Time for Buycks to step up
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:58:34 AM »
We'll need DB to play really well tonight, especially on the defensive end.  I think he's a good matchup for us with his quickness.  Also think the Fulce/EWill combo will get increased minutes vs. their bigs, so they have to play well, too.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
That's what I've been thinking of late.  DB seems to lack a step on the drive and his jumper hasn't been falling.    Need the Bay View kid to turn it up.     But I'm just getting greedy now.   

Getting our first BE tournament is bigger than a Sweet 16 in my mind. 

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »
Disagree.
While a BET title would be nice I would rather have a sweet 16 appearance if I had to pick just one.  If we win tonight I'm sure I'll change my stance but "I live in the present"

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:32:09 PM »
Disagree.
While a BET title would be nice I would rather have a sweet 16 appearance if I had to pick just one.  If we win tonight I'm sure I'll change my stance but "I live in the present"

For TV exposure, winning the BE title is probably just as good as getting to the sweet 16.  The Big East is always being pimped out to the max by ESPN.  Winning the BE tourny would be huge and like 10 times bigger than winning any other conference tourny title. Dominating ESPN news coverage is usually a very good thing.  Look at it this way, I was watching the games last night on ESPN and how times did they mention Marquette or flash the conference bracket or advertise that we were playing 7pm EST on ESPN.  I don't know the answer but it was a lot.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
Disagree.

BET title would really earn MU our first significant page in Big East history.   

feedback