collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hegarty's to close in June  (Read 8095 times)

MarquetteNation

• Scholarship Player
Re: Hegarty's to close in June
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »
norm from cheers ate there once...the bartender left the bar untended for 15 minutes so he could go buy a disposable camera.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
loved having sandwiches and beer for lunch at Hegs.  and hanging out with the mail men that were also having sandwiches and beers for lunch at hegs.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »
The problem with Caffrey's is they have the same problem as Notre Dame.

Take this thread for example. Ari Gold, the Caffrey's supporter had to make sure that Caffrey's was mentioned in a thread about Hegarty's. This identical to Notre Dame alumni making sure you know they went to ND.

The clientele at Caffrey's was mostly wannabe hipsters and douchebags.

So I'm a wannabe hipster douchebag?
Guess I should have put my comment in teal? I was mostly kidding.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
I'll have to stop in for old times sake.  Hegarty's wasn't in my top 3-4 when I was in school but it the last of its kind.  One of the regulars on here has the bars from the early 80s listed in his sig.  I'd say mine evolved through my 4 years on campus.  Freshman year it was Grunt's, Soph was mostly the Lanche and ODs, Junior and Senior year a combo of Ardmore and Gym.

I remember OD's opening spring of my Frosh year if I recall correctly.  Man was it clean and shiny.

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

Made to Jim's TO a few times. Interesting crowd there. Never ventured to Conway's. Never made it to Harp & Sham, despite efforts to do so at 6am. One of the greatest failures of my college life.

I made it to Jim's TimeOut once, but they kicked me out for being "over-served." 

I love Hegarty's.  I will miss it. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »
Brooklyn Bomber = best sandwhich on campus

redbirdwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
In 1995, right after we won the right to go to the NIT Final Four in Mike Deane's first year at Marquette, Deane and Bo Ellis came into Hegarty's as we were all celebrating.  Deane bought rounds for the whole place.  My buddy started hazing Bo about carrying a man-purse.  Fortunately Bo was very cool about it.  Deane was actually really cool, though he didn't like that I congratulated him for his second straight trip to the NIT Championship, since Marquette just went to the Sweat 16 under O'Neil the previous year.  I got really overserved on Deane's dime.  It's too bad that Hegarty's is finally closing.

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
Thursday nights 5 dollar buckets and 25cent wings were the best.  Mac, Luke, and Boom behind the bar.  Always a great time.  Never left sober.  That bar will greatly be missed.